Chapter Seventeen: Video

“I’m happy you came here with me tonight.” Riley said.

“Yeah, it’s been fun.” Buffy walked beside him, as they headed for her house from the Expresso Pump.

“That was some good coffee…I never really drink the stuff, but it was good.” He smiled nervously.

“Major goodness with the coffee…I like mocha…it’s all chocolaty with the coffee…goodness.” She babbled. Boredom had set upon her from the moment Riley had rang the bell to pick her up. She was suddenly afraid her brain would leak out of her head.

But Riley was a great guy, and he was goal oriented. After high school he was heading for the army, and college at the same time. He’d even gotten a scholarship to UC Sunnydale, majoring in psychology.

“We should do this again.” He suggested.

“Listen, Riley, you’re a really good guy…but I think friends is where we should be.” Buffy’s attempt at letting him down gently was working.

“Yeah, friends. That’s fine, for now. I just want to take the time to get to know you, Buffy. You’re such a nice person. Smart, sweet, and beautiful, all in one package. You’re not afraid to show people the real you.” His words touched her.

She didn’t have the guts to tell him Spike was the constant on her mind. “Th-thanks, Riley. You’re all those things too, except switch beautiful to handsome.” It wasn’t long before they came upon Buffy’s house. “Thank you for everything. I really enjoyed spending time with you.”

“I’ll see you Monday, and we’ll talk about a second date.” Riley said, going in for a kiss.

Buffy moved her head to the side, allowing his lips to brush against her cheek. “We’ll do that.” She said, and nodded her head, as he made his way down the porch.

She felt his presence the moment she stepped on the porch. “You can come out now, Spike.” She called, and he stepped out from around the porch. “You know, stalking is an offense.”

“I saw that little number you did. Turn your head, and avoided the kiss. Was is because you felt me here, Luv?” Spike asked, advancing on the petite blonde, his hands molding to her waist as he pulled her against him.

She put her hands up to his chest, in order to keep his lips at a distance. “Maybe I just wasn’t ready to start smooching him.”

“Or maybe you prefer smooching me.” A crooked grin appeared on his lips, and as he moved in to state his claim, Buffy’s arms encircled his neck.

Their mouths met, in a gentle, but arousing kiss, and things accelerated to open kisses, of nipping and tongue. Spike sucked on her bottom lip, his hand making its way up from her waist to her breast. He massaged her small breast through the cotton of her t-shirt, and she moaned into his mouth. Her own hand came down, and rubbed the obviously aroused bulge through his jeans.

Spike gyrated his hips against her hand, wanting so much more. He backed her up to the side paneling beside her front door, his other hand rubbing her haven through her pants. She gasped, and rotated her hips against him.

She separated from his kiss, throwing her head back against the house, and looking up into his eyes with desire. “We better…stop…now…before we…can’t…” She spoke between breaths.

“I think it’s too late for that…” He spoke, still moving against her hand.

A small snicker caused the duo to stop their actions.

“Who’s there?” Buffy asked, pushing Spike away.

“Good job, Andrew. They might have actually had sex right here, and we would have caught it all. Why did I invite you to sleep over?” Dawn stepped out from behind a bush with Anya’s little brother, a video camera in hand.

“To get a tape of Buffy doing something naughty with her date. Sorry…I couldn’t help it.” Andrew said.

“Give me a good reason why I shouldn’t kill you two right now?” Spike asked, a groan in his throat from all the tension that wasn’t released.

“Oh please, one attempt, and this tape will find it’s way to Mom’s hands before you have the chance to finish the job.” Dawn triumphantly held up the camera, and Buffy snatched it from her hand. “Hey!”

Buffy pressed eject to see that there was no tape inside. “Who’s the dumb ass that didn’t put a tape in the camera?” She questioned.

“Don’t encourage them, pet.” Spike warned as Dawn stared daggers at her partner in crime.

“I must have left it home from the last video of Xander and Anya.” Andrew said sheepishly.

“Why are you two doing this?” Buffy asked.

“Older siblings suck. We need blackmail.” Dawn replied, and Andrew nodded in slight agreement. “But I think Andrew actually enjoys watching it.” Andrew nodded again.

“Gross, mate, she’s your sister!” Spike said in disgust.

“They’re a very interesting couple.” Andrew attempted to defend himself.

Buffy looked at her sister for an agreement, and Dawn looked down at her feet. “I don’t watch it.” The brunette said.

Spike took a look at his watch. “Well, Luv, we’ll have to continue this another time.” He said, nodding his head at the two juveniles that stood beside Buffy.

As he walked down the porch and toward his house, Buffy sighed. “Thanks a lot, Bonnie and Clyde.”

“I’d like to think of us more as Thelma and Louise…or Gohan and Goku.” Andrew said when he got a look from the siblings.