Chapter Twenty-Four: Confessions



Willow was the first to notice the sadness on Buffy’s face during lunch that Monday. “What wrong, Buffy?” She questioned.



Buffy snapped out of her slight state of daze, and looked over at the redhead that sat across from her. “Nothing, just thinking.” She was a little unconvincing.



“Does this have anything to do with Spike not being here today?” Anya asked.



It was true. The bleach blonde hadn’t been in school, after Buffy was planning on avoiding him.



“Stating the obvious,” Oz said with what seemed to be a smirk.



“So not,” Buffy denied. The last thing she needed was her friends to see how screwed up she was. Her feelings for Spike were so there, in her heart, love oozing from her ears, but she couldn’t take it. She stood abruptly. “I have to go…do that…thing. Yeah, that thing.” Fumbling with her textbook and bag, she made her way out of the cafeteria.



“What just happened?” Xander asked Willow.



Willow scrunched up her nose. “I think Buffy’s feelings for Spike are getting to her.”



Buffy rushed out the front doors of the school, the need to get away, dire. She was surprised when she saw the bleach haired man standing before her, leaning against the Desoto, a cigarette between his lips.



“Missed me?” He asked with a smile.



“What do you want?” She asked.



“Take you for a ride.” He replied, flicking his cigarette away and opening the passenger’s side door for her.



“I don’t know if that’s such a good idea…” She cautiously walked until she was a few feet from him.



“Scared?” His grin was cocky.



“Of what? A big fluffy puppy? Just don’t want you to drool all over me.”



“Sure about that, pet?” Spike asked, licking his lips suggestively.



With a heavy sigh, Buffy took a seat in the car, and slammed the door herself. “Where are we going?” She asked when he got in on the other side.



“It’s a surprise.” Spike said, peeling out as Buffy groaned.



*



They pulled up to a small diner outside of town, and Buffy smiled.



“Hungry?” Spike asked, as they exited the car and entered the diner.



“Starving. I wasn’t really hungry at lunch, but I am now.” The air smelled of burger, and Buffy’s mouth watered.



“Missed me so much you couldn’t eat?” Spike questioned.



“If you want to think that.” Buffy replied, as a short waitress with hair the color of snow led them to their table.



“Would you like to hear the specials?” She asked in a deep voice.



“No thank you.” Buffy replied, and ordered with the speed of light. “I’ll take a double cheeseburger with French friends, and a Coke, no ice. For desert, I’d like the apple pie.”



Spike looked at the girl, his everlasting smile present. “I’ll have the same.” The waitress walked away after jotting down their orders.



“That’s a lot for one little girl, Goldilocks.” Spike said.



“Unlike those supermodel chicks that go around California barfing, I eat.” Buffy stated, giving the waitress a grateful smile when she brought them their sodas.



“Mike, the cook back there and I were talking, and I must tell you, you two are the most adorable couple ever. You hold on to this one, Honey.” The waitress said with a smile.



“Oh we’re not-“



Spike cut Buffy off. “Thanks, Ms.”



“Hey!” Buffy whined, glaring at Spike when the waitress walked away.



“Face it, pet, you’re mine. I’ve staked my claim and I’m not going anywhere.” He smiled brightly, and clasped his fingers together, setting them on the table.



“I wish I could stake you.” Buffy muttered.



“What was that, Luv?” Spike asked.



“Wish I could have the steak.” Buffy nodded with wide eyes. She returned his smile. “So, what made you come get me?” She asked.



“Knew you’d be wondering where I was…I was going to go into the cafeteria, but when I saw you come through those doors…” His sentence trailed off.



“ I had to get out of there. The gang was being all…judgey.” Buffy concluded.



“Is that right? How?” He inquired.



“They were all, thinking I was thinking of you. When the truth is, you were the farthest thing in my mind.” Buffy’s attempting at convincing herself so, was impossible.



“I want you, Buffy, but I’m willing to wait for you. You’re all I bloody think about, dream about. I’m drowning in you, Summers, drowning.”



She smirked at his confession, feeling flattered and special. “I don’t know what to say.”



“Say that you feel the same. Tell me that you want it just as much as I do.”

*A/N: The Hot sex is only a chapter away.