Chapter Twenty-Five: Take Me Now



Buffy opened her mouth, ready to tell him that she loved him, but the waitress came by, and placed their food in front of them.



“I hope you two enjoy.” Sashaying away from the blonde duo, the waitress left them to their meal.



After two hours of food and talk, it was 4:30 PM, and they left the diner with a smile, and joint hands.



“Where to now, Luv?” Spike asked.



“This little trip was your idea.” Buffy replied.



Spike started the car, and they were on their way. It took another hour and a half, but they arrived at Sunnydale Beach.



“It’s a little cold for swimming.” Buffy noted.



“Every seen the sun go down?” He asked.



“It’s a little chilly.” She looked down at her black long cardigan that was over a white camisole, and her jeans.



He reached to the back seat, and grabbed a throw blanket he had kept in the car for such events.



“You planned this!” She shouted, pointing a finger at him.



“Maybe…do you really mind, pet?” He asked.



“No…but its just…wow.” She said, reaching for the car handle.



They reached the beach, and Spike was the first to sit on the clod sand. “Come on, pet. We don’t have all day.” He said, and she made her way between his legs, and sat there comfortably. His arms wrapped around her body, the blanket protecting them from the cold.



Buffy couldn’t remember ever feeling so safe so warm. Suddenly, sleep started heading her way. “Spike…” She said in a whisper.



“Yeah?” He questioned, sounding drowsy as well.



“I don’t want to go home tonight. I want to stay with you, here.” It wasn’t long before she was asleep in his arms, and he with his face nuzzled in her neck.



*



Overhead, the sky rumbled and a bolt of lightening lit up the sky before drops of rain began falling to the ground. Buffy was the first on her feet, running toward the car. She tugged on the door handle, Spike right behind her, but it didn’t budge.



“Spike key!” Buffy ordered, and Spike began searching his pockets, the blanket doing nothing to protect his head. “Hurry!”



“Luv…I seemed to have locked us out, pet.”



She could sense the smile on his face. “This isn’t funny. What the fuck are we supposed to do now?” She questioned angrily. Her purse, her money, and her cell phone…everything was in the Desoto.



“There’s a motel a couple of blocks away…we can get there, and call a locksmith.” Spike reached for her hand. “We’ll get home, I promise.”



They made their way to the main road, and walked. Spike wrapped the blanket around them both in an attempt to shield them from the rain.



“My mother is going to be pissed.” Buffy said.



“We’ll call her when we get to the motel. Everything will be fine.” Spike assured her. Spike put a protective arm around Buffy’s shoulders as they walked.



The rain was beating down on their heads, hard. It seemed to take forever, but they reached the motel, and knocked on the manager’s door. The blanket was not helping them stay dry, and their clothes had become a second skin.



A short and fat balding man in a dirty wife-beater, and jeans two sizes too small, answered. “What do you want?”



“Sorry to bother you, mate, but I locked my keys in the car down at the beach, and we need a phone.” Spike said.



“Why should I let you use it?” The old man asked bitterly.



Buffy’s eyes grew wide, and she shivered. “Please, sir. My mother’s probably worried sick. It’s almost eleven, and I haven’t been able to check in. it took an hour to walk here, and I’m sandy, sweaty, and soaked.”



The man looked her over, and Spike wanted to hit him, ans Buffy’s stomach grew sick. “Fine, but make it fast.”



Buffy went first, dialing her house number. “Mom?” She questioned when her mother frantically picked up.



“Buffy, where the hell are you? I was about to file a missing person report, and when I went to check on Spike, he wasn’t home, either. Are you with him? Are you two okay?” Joyce asked.



“We’re fine. I’m really sorry. We went out after school, and Spike locked the keys in the car. We’re by Sunnydale beach at some motel.” Buffy was prepared for a tongue-lashing.



“Thank God you’re safe. I can’t make it out there to get you. Dawn’s asleep, and I don’t want to wake her for this. Is there anyway you two can stay there for the night, and I’ll have a locksmith at the car first thing in the morning?” Joyce questioned worriedly. ‘I trust her…’



“Are you sure?” Buffy asked. It was unlike her mother to be so free spirited.



“Yes. Give the manager the phone and I’ll give him my credit card number so he can rent the room to you.” Buffy did as she was told, and stood beside Spike, listening the manager speak to Joyce.



“I have only one room available, so they’ll have to share. It’s thirty for the night if they’re out by eleven in the morning.” He took down Joyce’s information, and handed the phone back to Buffy.



“Be careful, Sweetie…I’m trusting you.”



“I love you, Mom.”



“Love you, too. Tell Spike to behave tonight.” Joyce ordered, and they hung up.



It wasn’t long before the manager led the two teens to room 69. He handed them a key, and a bundle of fresh towels, and left them.



“Your mum is a Godsend.” Spike said, as he opened the motel door.



Buffy stood at the doorway, surveying the room. The carpet was bright orange, and there was a lime green lounge chair in a corner. The TV was ancient, and the bed looked unstable. The thought of the one bed stood out in her mind. “I’ll sleep on the lounge chair.” Buffy volunteered, shutting the door behind her as she entered, and putting a hand through her blonde hair.



“Bullocks, Buffy. I won’t let you sleep there. We can share…we’ve been close before.” Spike said, stepping before her.



“I don’t think it’s a good idea, tonight.” Buffy said, looking into the depths of his blue eyes.



“Why are you so afraid to be close to me?” He questioned, reaching out his hands, and allowing them to go on her shoulders, as he stared into her hazel eyes.



“I’m scared, because I think…I think I’m falling in love with you, and it’s blinding my judgment.” She answered nervously.



“Tell me this doesn’t feel right, and I’ll leave you alone.” He leaned in slowly, pulling her soaked body to his, and his lips descended on to hers, devouring her hungrily.



Buffy instantly deepened the kiss by allowing him entrance into her mouth, their tongues dancing. Before she knew it, her back was hitting the mattress with a squeak from the springs, and he tore himself from her, wanting an answer.”



Fear, and desire flashed into her eyes, but she couldn’t stop…she needed him. “Take me now, Spike. Please.” She seemed to be pleading.