Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Need



He watched as she made her way to her locker. Her hips swayed and she was oblivious to his following pools. He sauntered over and subtly stood behind her.



Buffy searched her locker for Hamlet, but the book was nowhere to be found. Figuring she left it home, she shut the door and turned, only to be backed against the locker by Spike. “What are you doing?” She asked nervously, as he brushed his lips over hers, his body leaning against her.



“Morning to you too, luv.” His voice was husky, driven by desire.



Out of the corner of her eye, Buffy spotted Drusilla, Faith, and Angel coming down the hall. She gently pushed Spike at arms length, and let out a sigh. “We need to keep this under wraps.” She said softly, looking into his eyes.



Spike glanced from her pleading hazel orbs, to the trio making their way toward them. “My place after school?” He asked, understanding her rejection.



“After the gallery, around seven,” she replied. “With your dad gone, Mom needs extra help, so Dawn joined in, too.” Buffy said, a smile crossing her face as she thought about how excited her sister was to be working her first job.



“I could help out, too…” Spike offered, his suggestion cut off by Drusilla’s arrival near them.



The pale brunette circled around the blonde couple, Faith and Angel watching. “Spike glows now, all shiny and bright, like his sunshine.” She looked at Buffy and reached out to touch her hair.



Buffy grabbed the fragile limb, before it could touch her, pushing it away, roughly. “Next time I break it.”



The petite blonde had rage in her eyes, and Spike got between the two women. “Leave us alone, Dru. You have your big brooding hero, and the big bad bitch to keep you company.” He said, referring to Angel and Faith.



Upon contact from Buffy’s grip and Spike’s defense, Drusilla could feel the connection. “They’ve been making love like wild animals roaming…over and over, up and down. So warm and tight.”



Buffy’s face fell, as Drusilla let out a low giggle, that dripped with wickedness.



“Shut up, Dru.” Spike warned.



“Buffy wouldn’t stoop so low.” Angel stepped forward to face off Spike, pulling Drusilla out of his way.



“She shagged you…waste of her bloody time.” They stared at each other, and it looked as though another fight would break out.



“That’s enough!” Buffy shouted, pushing the two apart. “I’m no trophy.” She looked at Faith and Drusilla. “I’m no toy. I don’t know what the hell you people are up to, but I don’t want to be part of it. We don’t want to be part of it.” She reached out and took Spike’s hand, pulling him down the hall with her.



“Way to keep it under wraps, luv.” Spike said with a smirk.



“Shut up.” She muttered.



*



They entered lunch together, and all eyes seemed to follow them. It was a little known fact that Faith, Drusilla, and Angel were not the only ones present for Buffy’s explosion. Cordelia had been by her locker and listened to the whole thing. By lunch, everyone knew, even the science club.



When Buffy and Spike reached their table, Willow, Xander, Oz, and Anya stopped whispering, and looked up at them with wide smiles.



“Hey guys, lovely day, that’s what we were talking about…how nice the weather is…not about how you and Spike are together and hid it from us.” Willow babbled.



“I didn’t hide it.” Buffy said, taking her seat. “And we’re not official.”

Spike gave her a look of disappointment as he sat beside her. “The whole bloody school knows by now…where did you hear it from.”

“Not to worry you or anything, but…Andrew called me from the middle school and let me know.” Anya said happily. “How were those orgasms…I’ve heard wonderful tales.”

Buffy’s eyes nearly popped out of her head. “That means Dawn knows, which means soon…”



“You mother is going to find out.” Xander finished for her.



“She’s going to have a heart attack.” Buffy panicked.



“I don’t know, she seems cool with Spike.” Oz attempted to comfort, earning a smile from Willow.



“I don’t know…my mother tends to get a little wiggy when a new guy comes into my life.” Buffy sighed for what seemed like the fiftieth time that day.



“Don’t worry Buffy, we have your back.” Willow patted the blonde’s hand.



“I’ll walk you to the gallery and see if I can help out with anything, plus see if your mum wants to have a chat with me.” Spike offered.



He gave her a small smile that made her fill with warmth and comfort. He gently rubbed her back, and she put her head back allowing the pleasure to run through her. She wanted him. She needed him. She couldn’t live without him. Joyce Summers would understand.