Chapter Twenty-Nine: Love



Spike parked the Desoto in front of The Gallery on Main Street. Buffy sat on the passenger’s side, her hands fidgeting with the hem of her jacket.



“You ready, pet?” He questioned softly.



“As ready as I’ll ever be.” She replied with a tight smile.



Spike got out of the car, and opened Buffy’s door for her, taking her hand as they walked to the entrance of the small shop.



“She seems to like me, right?” He questioned worriedly.



Buffy smiled genuinely. “I wouldn’t be able to understand her reasons for now.” She leaned in and brushed her lips to his.



Just as their kiss began deepening, the door to the shop opened, Joyce standing behind it.



“You are so busted.” Dawn said, standing beside her mother, her arms crossed over her chest, a smile on her face.



“Buffy, Spike…isn’t this a surprise?” Joyce said, smiling at the wide-eyed teenagers.



“Mom, we were just…” She couldn’t find the words to explain as she and Spike stepped into the shop.



“Playing tonsil hockey.” Dawn finished for her.



Buffy stared daggers into the mini version of herself, who just happened to be taller.



“No need to explain, Buffy. You’re going to be eighteen, and Spike’s already eighteen. I have no control over your actions. Just be careful.” Joyce said, her smile warming the group.



“Why are you being so cool about this?” Buffy asked curiously.



“I like Spike…I saw this coming from a mile away.” Joyce looked at the bleach blonde, who instantly pointed at himself with a questioning look on his face. The older Summers woman nodded happily.



“Mom!” Buffy whined. “I didn’t even like Spike for myself until a couple of weeks ago.”



“Hey!” Spike yelled.



“From what I hear, she likes you A LOT, now.” Dawn said, raising her eyebrows suggestively.



“Hey!” Buffy yelled.



“Excuse me?” Joyce asked, a worried _expression crossing her features.



“Uh-oh.” Buffy said.



“Buffy, Spike…in my office.” Joyce pointed to the back of the gallery. “I want to know what form of contraceptives you two have been using.”



“Bloody hell!” Spike exclaimed.



*



After three hours of sex talk, a queasy Buffy sat in Spike’s living room, waiting for him to clean his room. It had been embarrassing to sit in her mother’s office, Spike at her side, discussing the birth control she was taking. Of course, they lied and explained that they used a condom with it.



Thoughts came into Buffy’s mind, “What if I get pregnant? Will Spike be upset, or happy? Would I keep it?” She ignored the nagging, and was set free from her mind by her name on Spike’s tongue.



“You can come up now, pet.”



Buffy made her way up both flights to be greeted by candlelight, and Spike, standing by the bed with a wide smile. He had caught her by surprise, and she was glad that she was able to convince her mother that she was sleeping over Willow’s for the night. “Wow.”



“You like?” He asked.



She stepped forward, making her way over to him, her arms encircling his neck. “I love.” She replied.



“Buffy, you’ve made me what I am right now. Full of love and hope…I never thought I could feel this way. You’ve made me a better man.” He said softly, their lips nearing.



“You believed in yourself enough. It wasn’t just me. You wanted to be a better man and you can be…you are.”



Their lips touched, and they were lost in a pit of emotion. Slowly and casually, with a tenderness that was above all, Spike laid Buffy on her back on his bed. He leisurely slid off her clothing, licking and kissing every inch of her. He started with her toes, sucking and licking each one after removing her Adidas, and socks. He unbuttoned her jeans next, sliding them off and throwing them to the side on the floor.



He made his way up, sucking her ankles, kissing her calves, and making a trail up her thighs. He stopped briefly at her sex, placing loud kiss, and slowly moving his tongue up her lips. He thrashed her clit, earning whimpers from her lips, her body writhing against his mouth. He stopped before she could climax, hoping to save it till they could enjoy the moment together.



Dipping his tongue into her belly button, and paying little attention to her rose buds, he finally met her stare. He was lost in a valley of green, blue, and brown. He wanted to remain lost in her forever.



She timidly reached for the button on his pants, unzipping them slowly. She pulled them down, again happy for his lack of underwear. He reached for the hem of his shirt, careful not to put his full weight on her, and pulled it off. Their flesh met, melting together as one.



“Buffy…”He could barely speak by the sensation of her small curves against his sculpted body.



“Make love to me.” She whispered.



He took her lips gently, sucking softly, and entered her. He set a calm rhythm, looking deep into her eyes as they continued their lip lock.



He separated for a moment, in order to breathe. “You are so…bloody beautiful. I’ll never leave you, Buffy. You’re…my world.”



“I love you.” She said, moaning as he continued his slow force.



“I love you too, baby. Forever…”