Chapter Thirty-One: Conviction



Three weeks later:



Buffy was bent over on her knees and elbows, as Spike banged her from behind. She cried out in pleasure/pain, relishing in every movement.



“Oh, Spike…harder.” She breathed, and he quickened his pace.



The sound of his balls smacking against her ass, his thighs against the back of hers, filled the room. He gripped her waist, with bruising fingers, and watched her ass jiggle as he pounded into her.



“God, Buffy…so bloody perfect.” Spike groaned.



She moans became louder, and as she convulsed, Spike released with her. She lay flat on her stomach, and he collapsed on top of her. They panted together, catching their breath.



“That was…wow…yeah definitely, a wow.” Buffy said.



“I’ll second that.” Spike agreed. He glanced at the clock. “Mum and Dad won’t be back for another hour. Want a shower?”



“Together?” A sly smile slid across her features.



“Is their anything better?” He took her hand and led her down the stairs to the bathroom.



Fred was out on a date with Wesley, the librarian at Sunnydale High, and Giles and Jenny were at an art opening across town with Joyce. Thanks to Anya’s suggestion to allow Dawn sleep over her house to hang out with Andrew for once, Buffy was able to slip away.



Buffy put her arms around Spike’s neck as they stood under the warm spray of the water. “Still upset that Fred is leaving tomorrow?” She asked. She’d grown close to the quiet girl with the last few weeks, and hated to see her go herself.



“A bit, but she has school. Maybe we could join her and Illyria during the summer for a month or two.” He suggested.



“I’d like that…New York. All the lights and tall buildings.” Buffy said, as Spike lifted her in his arms, and brought her down on his throbbing member. She sighed upon his entrance, and moved against him rhythmically.



*



Dawn stood at the front door of the Giles’ residence, and rang the bell again. Andrew stood beside her, a worried _expression on his face.



“Try the doorknob.” He suggested, crossing his arms around his chest, and shifting his feet.



Dawn did, and it instantly turned, allowing them to enter the house. From the bottom of the first landing, she could hear the shower running. “Come on. Maybe Spike’s in there, we have to tell him.”



“Where could Buffy be?” Andrew questioned, following the girl up the stairs, and she shrugged in response.



Dawn knocked hard on the bathroom door, and got no response. “You have the same thing Spike has, Andrew. Go in.” She ordered.



“I’m not going in there!” Andrew blushed.



“Don’t be such a wimp.” Dawn said.



“I’ll go in if you go.” He said.



“This isn’t a game, we have to let him know. This is an emergency.” Dawn said, exasperated.



“On the count of three.” Andrew stood his ground, grabbing Dawn’s arm with one hand, and reaching for the door with the other. As he opened it, the water shut off, and standing on the tile floor, soaking wet, was a naked Spike and Buffy, tangled in a kiss.



“Is it supposed to be that big? Cause if it is, I feel bad for Xander.” Dawn said, earning a yelp from Buffy as she jumped behind Spike.



“Bloody hell!” The Brit exclaimed, running to the door and slamming it.



“Dude…your sister’s totally hot.” Andrew drooled.



“You two better have a really good explanation for this, or I’m going to kill you. Actually, I may do that anyway.” Buffy called, and she hurried and put on Jenny’s robe. Spike put on his father’s and the two stepped out of the bathroom together to see the flushed teens with red cheeks.



“What the bloody hell is going on here?” Spike asked.



“It better not involve a video camera.” Buffy warned.



“No…it’s worse. Something happened Buffy. I’m not sure how, or who was involved, but there was an accident. Everyone’s on their way to the hospital, and Xander sent us to come get you two.” Dawn explained worriedly, forgetting the nakedness that she had witnessed.



“Is Mom okay?” Buffy asked.



“She the one who called…so yeah. I think it might be Giles or Jenny.” Andrew looked over at Spike’s fear stricken face.



“Give us a few to change, and we’ll be down in a bit.” Spike said.



Buffy followed her bleached lover up the stairs, and when he stripped off his robe, she rubbed his back to comfort him. “Everything will be fine. I’m here for you. I’m sure they’re both fine.”



For the first time, ever, Spike didn’t return her affection. “I hope so.” He left her standing there, and searched for something to wear, grabbing anything he could find.



*



Spike sat quietly in the hospital waiting room, beside Fred. She had tears in her eyes as she listened to the doctor speak.



“Your father is in with her now…It was a head on collision…I’m surprised he made it with only a few bruises.” Dr. Carter said.



“Who was driving the other car?” Fred asked, tears slipping down her cheeks.



“They were kids from Sunnydale High, Owen Wilson, and Ford Sterling. They were drunk, and your mother was driving. She didn’t have a chance to get out of the way.” He replied.



“Is s-she going to be okay?” Spike said, holding back is anger. He glanced at Buffy, who was across the room, being held by her mother. He was allowing his rage to push her. He didn’t want to, but couldn’t help it.



“We’re not sure…she’s in a coma. Even if she did awake, there’s a chance her brain won’t be functioning.” Dr. Carter explained.



“She’ll be a vegetable?” Fred questioned and received a nod. As the doctor excused himself, Fred collapsed on her stepbrother’s shoulder. “This isn’t fair.” She cried.



“I know, pet. I know…it’s going to be okay.” Spike tried convincing himself.