Chapter Thirty-Five: The Reason



Spike couldn’t have been more grateful when he saw that her window was open. It was near midnight, that same Saturday, and he had shimmied up the tree that stood tall before her window and balanced himself on the awning that covered the porch below.



The house was dark and without much thought, he dove into the window and stumbled on her bedroom floor. He stood abruptly, and laid eyes at the petite blonde before him as she slept. She was in fetal position, her stuffed pig Mr. Gordo in her arms.



He sat on the edge of the bed, and she stirred slightly. He ran his fingers through her hair, and her eyes fluttered open.



“Spike? Am I dreaming?” She questioned sleepily.



“It’s me, luv.” He kicked off his boots and slipped under the covers beside her.



“What are you doing here?” She watched him carefully in the moonlight that illuminated the room.



He turned on his side to face her, stroking his hand over her cheek. “I don’t know how I’m going to live without you.” His voice cracked a bit, as his eyes became tearful. He moved in and brushed his lips over hers.



“Please,” she pleaded, “don’t hurt me anymore.”



“Never, Buffy.” He replied, kissing her again. “I came to apologize. I meant what I said; don’t let me hold you back from true happiness. Nothing will change the way I feel for you.” His hand traveled up and down her bare arm.



She stood abruptly, making her way to the bedroom door, and locking it to his surprise. She came to the foot of the bed, clad in a white camisole and underwear, getting on her hands and knees to crawl up his body. She reached for the button on his jeans, and quickly worked on removing the disturbance. He cock sprang to life and Buffy didn’t hesitate to take him into her mouth.



“Oh Buffy…” It was the first time she had ever sucked him off. She suckled the tip, and then flicked her tongue up and down his shaft. Her tiny hand encircled the base of his dick and she pumped him, sucking the tip with all her might.



Spike groaned, as he gently thrust himself into her mouth and hand. As his balls tightened, Buffy’s free hand worked on massaging them, and the sticky substance shot down her throat.



She swallowed with a small smile, as Spike shook a bit.



“Buffy, luv-“



She cut him off. “Shhh…tonight is all about you and me.”



He flipped her to her back, and removed her panties and camisole. He kissed each breast and slowly made his way down her body. He fore filled her, licking and tasting her juices, carefully cleaning her with his tongue, as a cat would do.



“I need you.” Her voice was a whisper.



He didn’t hesitate to make his way back up her body, and lavish her lips with kisses. The fact that Buffy had skipped her birth control the last few days slipped her mind, as he entered her and they became one.



She rocked with him, held him tightly, afraid that if she let go, it would all be a dream. “I love you.” She wept, tears dampening her cheeks, as she cried for him.



He joined her, kissed her, and tasted her salty tears. “I’ll always love you…”



*



They stood at the terminal, their hands joined, while Joyce and Giles spoke about the gallery and the pieces Giles was planning on getting, Spike and Buffy were silent.



Spike pulled her to the side, and they faced each other. His hands went up to cup her cheeks, and he leaned in, inhaling her scent. “God, I’ll miss this.”



“I’ll write you.” Buffy promised.



“I’ll call.” He vowed, his hands finding her hips.



“Do you feel like time is standing still?” She asked.



“It always feels like that when I’m with you.” He leaned in and brushed his lips to hers.



“There’s not much room, but I think you can still escape and live in my closet. It’ll be fun…like having your own apartment.” With teary eyes, and a wide smile, Buffy attempted to make herself feel better, more so than him.



“As much as I’d love being the close to you, wasn’t there a monster living in there?” He asked with a smirk.



“Who told you about Mattie the closet monster?” She scowled. Spike’s eyes shifted to Joyce, and averted. “I’m so gonna kill her.” Buffy said.



“You know, if it wasn’t for you…I would have killed myself that night.” He said, looking into her eyes.



“What night? Saturday?” She questioned, crinkling her nose.



“No love…before that. The night I found you in the woods. Drusilla broke up with me and I thought it was the end of the world.” He replied.



“What changed your mind?” She asked, leaning her body into his.



“When I saw you sitting by that tree, all alone. You looked so small and hurt.” He answered, remembering the tears she had shed, and the fear on her face. “I just wanted to take care of you. You’re the reason I became who I am. You’re the reason why I’m a better man.”



“Nothing will change that.” She reached out to touch his cheek.



“Flight 743 at gate 13 from Sunnydale, California to London, England is now boarding.” A voice said over the loud speaker.



Her arms wrapped possessively around his neck and she cried. “I love you. I love you so much, William.”



“I love you too, Buffy. I’ll never stop. Not even if you find someone knew. Never.” He swore, holding her as though she’d be gone if he didn’t.



*A/N: That’s it for this installment. If you want to know what happens to these wacky kids, voice your opinion, let me know what you think should happen on the reviews, and I’ll be getting started with part two.*