Chapter Six: Predictable

Buffy had spent most of the school day, avoiding anyone who looked or seemed like Spike. She even spent her lunch period in the library, joined happily by Willow and Oz.

“I go where the redhead goes,” was Oz’s response to Xander’s questioning.

“I’d join you, but I promised Anya I would stay with her in the lunch room. She doesn’t really like the library.” Xander explained, shrugging his shoulders.

They sat at a rectangular table; Willow was on her laptop, as Oz listened to his CD player. Buffy felt as though she was dieing of boredom. She let out a low sigh, and the librarian, Wesley Wyndam-Pryce, shushed her.

“There’s no one else in here!” She shouted at him.

“Ms. Summers, if you cannot respect the fact that this is not a social place, then I’ll have to ask you to leave.” He said.

Buffy stood and grabbed her backpack. “Will, I sighed, and he’s on my case. I’m out of here.”

“But Buffy, you invited me in here and I-“

“I’m sorry, Will, I’m just not in the mood to deal with bullshit.” Buffy gave the librarian one of her venomous looks.

“She’s been doing that a lot lately.” Oz noted.

“It’s Spike…he makes her all moody.” Willow whispered when the librarian began eyeing them.

*

She had no where else to go, and she didn’t want to take the chances of Principal Snyder seeing her in the hall, and giving her week’s worth of detention. She entered the smoke filled lady’s room, and saw the one person that she was sure felt more fucked up than her.

“Faith, good to see you.” Buffy said cheerfully.

“B, this is a surprise…cutting class to come into the bad girl’s bathroom. What gives?” Faith questioned curiously. She looked over Buffy’s outfit, and smiled.

Buffy wore gray turtleneck sweater, jeans, and a pair of white Adidas. “I have lunch.” She stated.

“Figures. How are Aunt Joyce and the little brat?” It was hard to believe the two were related. Faith was dark, a troublemaker to the bone. She was the female equivalent to Spike. Today, she sported tight black jeans, the usual cleavage and belly-baring black wife-beater, and her leather jacket.

“Mom’s great…Dawn’s still a brat.” Buffy replied. Not many knew that they were family, and she doubted anyone would believe it.

“She still pissed at me for stealing her diary and reading it?” A wicked smile played on Faith’s dark red glossed lips.

“I think the fact that you read it aloud to all her friends and crush, is what got her so mad.” Buffy replied, looking herself over in the mirror. She had bags under her eyes, and sleep wasn’t coming easy these nights.

“Payback’s a bitch. She fucking told your mom about the time I snuck out when mom went on that business trip.” Faith looked over at Buffy and could sense something was wrong.

“What time?” Buffy asked, knowing that Faith had snuck out every night when she stayed at the Summers’ residence.

“One of them…or the other…” Faith shrugged her shoulders. “I heard about Parker.” Her voice was low and menacing.

Buffy turned to her, with wide eyes. “You didn’t do anything did you?” Faith shrugged her shoulders. “Be honest!”

“All I did was have a little pep talk with him. Told him if he ever thought about touching you again, he’d eat his balls for breakfast.” A sly smile took her over at the thought, and she lit her second cigarette.

Buffy laughed with her, but it immediately turned into a frown, when Drusilla entered the bathroom.

Drusilla walked toward the petite blonde, her long red dress clinging to her thin body. “Hello, Sunshine. Are you having fun with my Spike?”

“Hate to break it to you, Dru, but Spike and me…are a no-no.” Buffy said, as Dru leaned toward her, too close for comfort.

“Back off, Elvira.” Faith said, pushing Drusilla away from her cousin.

Drusilla hissed, and then whimpered. She began touching her cheeks dramatically. “If you dare to take my boy, you’ll regret it…”

“As much as you have no need to worry about that, Spike’s not yours. He hasn’t been yours since you dumped him, and you lost him when you started fucking my ex.” Buffy felt good to let the words out.

Another whimper escaped Drusilla’s lips, and she glared at the two girls as she walked out.

“What the fuck was that all about? You and Spike?” Faith found it humorous.

“Why’s is that funny?” Buffy asked curiously.

“Face it, B, you’re a wound up tight ass and you’d never be able to look at a guy like Spike and think, ‘yummy.’ That’s why God made girls like me, and Dru.” Faith threw her cigarette in a corner, and walked out of the bathroom as the bell rang.

Buffy just stood there backfired. She hated being looked upon as the good one; she hated the fact that she was predictable. Thoughts of proving them wrong filled her head.

*

Spike sat in gym class, his eyes on Buffy. It was the last class of the day, and it was obvious that she had been avoiding him. She had cut lunch, and gotten a dismissal pass from English.

He put a hand through his tousled bleached curls, and sighed.

“What’s bugging you, Man?” Lorne asked, taking a seat in the bleachers beside him, Clem joining them as well.

Spike’s blue eyes were fixed on the girl across the gym, as she chatted with Willow. “Just got a lot on my mind, mate.”

“Would it happen to be Buffy?” Clem asked, following Spike’s gaze.

Spike averted his eyes for a minute to look at his two friends. “It’s just, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Hard to understand why she’s not interested in me.”

“Poor baby, she bruised your ego.” Lorne said.

“Might have something to do with that time you put gum in her hair and the next day instead of the long locks that reached her ass, she had a bob.” Clem shrugged.

“I was a kid then, an idiot. I’ve changed. I’m not with Dru anymore, and I want Buffy.” Spike was frustrated. He didn’t understand why he was looked at as such a bad person…or he did, but he just wanted to make everything right.

“Spike, you and Dru broke up four days ago…if you want to show Buffy you’ve changed, you have to work it and give it time.” Lorne explained.

Spike looked at Buffy again, and she averted her eyes from him. She didn’t want to want him, but she did. “I can’t take this shit.” She said to Willow.

“What’s wrong, Buffy?” Willow was really beginning to worry about her. Since Spike stepped in and tried getting on Buffy’s good side, she’s been acting crazy.

“It’s him. He’s wrong.” Buffy raised her voice, and pointed her finger directly at Spike. “He found me when I was lost, he called me, he tried comforting me, and he came to my house for dinner. Has this world gone completely mad?”

Willow reached over and pulled down Buffy’s arm. “Buffy, you need to relax. You’re going a kinda wonky. Spike likes you, it happens.”

“It happens? Willow, this is Spike were talking about. Didn’t he sabotage your science fair project in the eighth grade?” Buffy questioned.

“Yeah…but my potato would have exploded anyway…he just made it go boom faster and all over the principal.” Willow said with a slight frown. “Plus, that was eighth grade. We’re seniors now. We’re practically adults.”

“This coming from someone who thinks Spongebob Squarepants is the best thing to happen to TV since Three’s Company.” Buffy smiled.

Willow giggled. “Gary is so cute…who’d ever think a snail that meows. But a lot of the things that happen on that show are impossible…a squirrel, snow, and painting underwater. It’s just so funny though.”

Buffy laughed with the redhead. She abruptly stopped, when she saw Faith walk up to Spike, and start flirting. “Do you think I’m predictable?” Buffy asked Willow, as she watched her cousin carefully.

“No, Buffy. Who would tell you something like that?” Willow asked sympathetically.

“I’ll give you one guess, she’s considered my evil twin, and shoving her boobs in Spike’s face right now.” Buffy hinted, glaring at the brunette, as Spike began chuckling. Jealousy was consuming her, and she couldn’t understand why.

Willow’s eyes drifted on Faith and became slits of anger. “That whore…no offense…but your nice. Faith is evil and she spreads her legs like the doors to 7-11.”

“Willow!” Buffy said in surprise.

“Sorry…I just don’t like her very much.” It was understood, since Faith took Xander’s virginity when Willow had a crush on him in tenth grade.

Buffy felt like walking up to Faith and snapping her wrist at the sight of her touching Spike’s chest. “She’s touching him! That slut!”

“Hate to break it to you, but you turned him down.” Willow shrugged.

“But if he likes me, he should be telling her that.” Buffy smiled when she saw Spike remove, said hand, from his chest.

“Sorry, Faith, but I’m interested in another Summers woman.” Spike said with a coy smile.

“Dawnie’s a little to young for you.” Faith teased, letting her hand travel over his six-pack.

Spike stood. “Not Dawn, Buffy.”

“I hope you know she’s out of your league. Girls like Buffy prefer guys like Riley, or Angel. You should know, didn’t he take her before you even got a chance to kick it to her? You were too busy playing kiddy games.” Faith said, her attitude pumping. Buffy was always the sweetest, the nicest, always getting the better-looking guys.

“Sorry.” Spike made his way past the fuming brunette, and looked over at Buffy. She was watching him closely, and once again, he winked at her.

Startled, she turned her attention back to Willow, and changed the subject. “So…how’s calculus going?”

*A/N: Thanks for reading. just to let you guys know, a lot of updates are going to be at night now because of school. On weekends thy'll be scattered. Anyway, I hope you guys are enjoy the Spuffiness so far, cause we might actually get that kiss next chapter...please reveiw, I value your opinion.*