Chapter Seven: Just Think About It

She went around the show room, dusting artifacts, when the bell on the door rang. She looked over at the latest customer, and wasn’t surprised to see Spike there. “Giles and Mom had to make a run to fix some painting…they’ll be back in an hour.”

“I’m shocked that you’re not throwing me out of here on my hide, pet.” Spike said with a smirk.

“Give me time. What do you want from me? Faith’s not here.” She turned her attention away from a statue of a fertility God and watched him.

He moved close, standing before her with his eyes shining, and his smile wickedly sexy. “I’m not interested in her, pet.”

“You know, you’re risking all of your parts being here.” The threat didn’t waver, as she spoke, and he knew she’d hit him.

He took a step back. “Going to do me in like Parker?” He asked, his lower lip jutting out into a pout.

Buffy could feel the sudden need to move close, and take his lip, but she yelled at herself to stop thinking such thoughts. ‘Bad, bad, Buffy.’

“No, but for three years you’ve paid me no mind, or if you did, it was to give me a look…why are you suddenly so interested?” She asked curiously. She didn’t trust his motives, nor did she want to give in to him.

Spike sighed, and looked into her eyes. They were deep, and green, like a raging sea.

“When I lost Dru, I lost my world. I had gone to the park to drown my sorrows, but when I saw you running…” He took a deep breath. “I didn’t need the beer, or Drusilla. I saw an opportunity that I had lost because I was so childish. I figured I’d help you, and see what you’re all about. You’ve got fire, Buffy.” He reached out as he always did, and touched a strand of her loose hair.

“You should be careful, Spike. You might get burned.” She quipped.

“I can handle myself. I like your attitude, the way you try to scare me off with words, but I know that you’re really the scared one.” He leaned in, and took the chance her was waiting for. His arm snaked around her waist, as the other slipped deeper into her hair.

He pulled her closer, and her breath caught. Her body became molded to his, as his lips sensitively, sensuously, touched hers. She was reluctant at first, until his hand began roaming up and down he back. She then opened to him, allowing his tongue to slide forward and taste her. Sighing within his mouth, dropped the feather duster she had in her hand, and her fingers traveled to his hair. She began tugging lightly, pulling him closer, deepening the kiss. Her body tingled, wanted, needed.

Spike’s erection escalated, and throbbed in pleasurable pain. He pressed it to her stomach, and gyrate his hips slowly. She arched her back, trying to get closer to the throbbing limb in his pants.

She ached for him, as she’d never ached for anyone. With Angel, it was only ten minutes, and all about him. Spike’s mouth was more giving, and his hips were sending her over the edge. She had to stop, or she’d regret what was happening. Gently, but hard enough, she pushed against his sculpted chest.

“Spike…” She whispered, when he finally let go. She felt as though she’d awaken from a dream, displaced. The man that stood before her, that she had spent most of her time looking down at, was turning her into putty.

“Yeah, pet?” He moaned, his hips still moving, his eyes on hers. Desire was apparent in both.

“You have to stop.” She breathed. Her focus returned, and she distanced herself from him, reversing a foot.

“But you seemed to be enjoying yourself.” His voice was filled with yearning.

“I don’t like you.” The words snapped him out of his daze, and even took her by surprise.

“I see there’s no need to be gentle.” He crossed his arms over his chest, as her hands went to her hips.

“I don’t know you, what you’re about. We’re two different people, and I’m thinking the only thing we have in common besides for our parents owning the gallery and Angel and Dru, is the fact that we’re both horny. But sex is not what we need right now…sex only leads to trouble, and weird feelings.” She babbled.

“Your point being?” He asked, amused.

“My point is, if you want me…you have to get to know me.” It was simple, if he could be around her as a friend, she’d ease him into her life. She’d see past what he was, and look for him in a different light.

“You don’t like me, but you want me to be your friend?” His face was serious, and he seemed to be thinking of an answer to his own question.

“I’m attracted to you, William, but the things you’ve done, the people you’ve associated with…it’s just not as good. Yu got some sick enjoyment out of inflicting hurt on people, on me.” Her voice was soft.

“I’ve changed.”

“Getting dumped isn’t changing. Changing takes time, and you need that time before you try kissing me again. I think you should leave, and think about this.” She needed to think herself; she had no clue what she was getting herself into.

“Fine, pet. Have it your way.” Spike said turning on his heal, and heading for the door. He didn’t look back at her; he only repeated her words in his head. ‘You need that time before you try kissing me again.’

He had to get in good with her somehow, and an idea struck him. He rubbed his hands together evilly, when he saw Joyce, and his father coming down the street from Giles’ car.

*

“Your sun is just a treasure. I don’t know what I’d do without him. With Hank gone permanently, it’s so hard to find help.” Joyce said, as she entered the gallery.

Buffy’s ears were her mother’s conversation, while her hand concentrated on dusting the statues. She was feeling slightly uncomfortable due to her soaked panties. If she hadn’t stopped herself, she would have fucked Spike.

She wanted him, but a bigger part of her wanted love. ‘Love from Spike? Don’t think so, but his lips were nice.’ She relished in the thought, and snapped out of a daze when her mother called her name.

“Buffy,” Joyce called, “we can go now. I’m going to pick up pizza on the way home, and get Dawn from Janice’s.”

“Okay, Mom.” Buffy said, as she went into the backroom to get her stuff. She gave Giles a quick goodbye, and followed her mother to the Jeep Liberty. “What were you saying about Spike?” She asked her mother curiously when she got into the passenger’s side.

“Oh, his a darling. I saw him on the way back, and he offered to work for me.” Joyce smiled, and started the car.

“Work for you?” Buffy questioned.

“Yeah, he’ll be tutoring Dawn in history on Wednesdays, and mowing the lawn on Saturdays.” Joyce replied.

“And who’s brilliant idea was that?” Buffy asked, knowing that Spike was only doing it to get near her. It was going to be hard to avoid him if her mother employed him.

“He mentioned he was looking for some scattered things to do for extra cash, so I offered…why don’t you look happy?” Joyce glanced at Buffy, as they drove toward Mike’s Pizza Palace.

“I’m fine…I just…we don’t click well, Spike and me. It’s a little unclicky.” Buffy tried to explain.

“Oh, nonsense. He’s a lovely boy.” Joyce smiled, and Buffy was lost in thoughts of Spike’s lips on hers.