Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to rosie, Meagan, blondiebear, and daydreamer.
Buffy ran as fast as her legs would allow. She figured he couldn't have had that much of a head start on her, but she wanted to be sure. She didn't want to lose him. She couldn’t.

She knew she was wrong. She knew she was hurting him, but she couldn't stop. That particular night she spent with Liam seemed like the longest night of her life. But she didn't intend to hurt Will; she just wanted him to see; to feel something. No, she was the one who wanted to feel. She was the one who wanted to feel. She was the one who felt dead inside, and she punished him for it. For his unnoticed pity, and his unconditional love. She felt she didn't deserve it.

She found him standing idly by their SUV, drawing invisible patterns on the driver side window.

"I was stupid, ya know. Forgot you had the keys." He said in a monotonous voice. He looked at her reflection in the window. He made a mental note of her tear stained cheeks, but refused to turn around and console her.

"I am so sorry. I'm so sorry, Will. I still love you. I still need you." She said in a quivering voice. He felt the fury rise in him.

"Were you loving me while you fucked him? Were you needing me when he pounded his filthy cock into you?!" He finished yelling, all the while pounding his hand on the roof of the car. He took a deep breath in an attempt to compose himself. Buffy took a deep breath as well, attempting to muster up some courage, and walked closer to him. She gently placed her hands on his shoulders. He didn't flinch away, but his shoulders sagged considerably.

"Please don't leave me. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. Even though I know I don’t deserve it… but please, forgive me. I need you to forgive me." She then slowly turned him around, placing his wedding band in his left hand. His gaze, though sad and weary, was unwavering. He lifted his hand slowly and gently caressed her cheek. She nuzzled her face into his open warm palm. “Please don’t go away from me.” She whispered.

"We can't start over, and I can't forget what you- what happened." She started nodding her head vigorously in an attempt to quell her tears as his rejection sunk in. She couldn’t. The tears wouldn’t stop. The pain wouldn’t stop.

"I know. I - I unders-" He cut her off as he placed his index finger on her lips with a gentleness he reserved only for her.

"Shh. But I'm willing to try to work on it, to work on forgiving and to work on us, if you are."

*******
"Hey honey. How was your day?" Buffy asked from her place on the couch.

"Fine. Jolly good. How was yours?'' Will asked as he shut the door of their apartment, his voice devoid of any real emotion. It had been four days since the incident at the store, and he barely spoke to her. The one time that they did make love, if you could even call it that, he hardly looked at her. What was supposed to be one of their most intimate moments, instead made her feel like a whore. After he came, he just turned on his side and slid over as far away from her as humanly possible. She silently cried herself to sleep afterwards.

"What is the problem? What the hell is your deal?" She said as she stood up, her face flushed in fury.

"What are you goin' on about? All I did was ask how your day was." He retorted with flinty eyes and what appeared to be genuine confusion.

"You said you would forgive me. I feel like I'm in a fucking prison." She said in a low tone, trying not to get hysterical or cry.

"I'd said that I'd work on forgiving you. But how in the hell lam I supposed to forgive someone who isn't even there? All you do is sit back and smile and agree with every bloody thing I say. It's like you're holding a soddin' banner saying 'I'm sorry.' Well I am sick of it. And you say you feel like this marriage is a prison. Is that right? Well fine, then. I release you. Divorce me if you want." He said, shocking them both. He began to head up the stairs, but she stopped him by grabbing his shoulders and spinning him abruptly around.

"Stop running away. That's not what I meant and you know it! You hardly look at me, hardly touch me... You make me feel dirty. That is not forgiveness. You- you're not even trying. It's like you only said that so you wouldn't miss out on the opportunity of punishing me. You won't kiss me or-" Her voice broke, but she still resisted the urge to cry. He roughly grabbed her wrists and held them over her head with one hand pushing her forcefully against the wall.

"Is this what you want? Want me to touch you?" He gritted out before crushing his lips to hers. His free hand went to the zipper of her jeans, quickly undoing the button and forcing his hands down into her panties. Buffy gasped in surprise and pleasure. She rocked against his nimble fingers, moaning when one of them began to caress her where she wanted most. William abruptly broke the kiss and released her wrist, putting his hand underneath her shirt. He roughly grabbed her left breast, making her cry out in pain and shock. He immediately stopped all of his ministrations. As he looked at the tears rolling down her cheeks, he hastily stepped away from her, his entire being filling with guilt.

"Oh god, Buffy. I'm sorry. I don't know what I was- I never meant to hurt you, luv." Buffy looked at him, this broken man. Her love; her husband; confidant and best friend. She looked at what he emotionally had been reduced to because of her betrayal. She saw confusion, pain, and love in his eyes. What caught her attention most was the love. He still loved her. She locked eyes with him and slowly walked over to him, giving him a comforting embrace.

"I know, baby. Just make love to me. I need you to make love to me..." She trailed off as she began to tenderly kiss his jaw. She began rubbing her hands over his muscled chest. He grabbed her hands and kissed them gently.

"All right, luv." He said as he led her to their bedroom.

***************

It was if nothing had changed. He was loving, caring, and attentive. He moved in and out of her with slow, leisurely strokes. He felt at peace for the first time in what seemed like a life time. She was right there with him, nearly unblinking eyes filled with her love for him. He imagined his eyes mirrored hers; their bodies as well as their souls becoming one.

Buffy grasped his shoulders tightly as his pace quickened. She never thought she would ever feel happiness such as this again. Just his simple caresses gave her complete elation. She knew that this was where she belonged, and she would never leave him again. Never.

"Yours. I'm yours. Forever- yours, Will." She panted as she felt the pressure build inside of her. She never felt as complete as she did now.

"Buffy- Buffy, I love you so much." He said as he felt her clenching around him. They came together; one, whole, complete. When they both came down, he held her close.

"I can’t let you go. I won’t." He whispered to her, brushing his lips across her forehead.

"I'll never want you to. Stay here with me." She whispered back as she kissed him tenderly. They both saw endless clear waters ahead of them. It was the calm before the storm…