Chapter Three

AN ~ This is kind of a long chapter and I am sorry for the wait. Please review

"What" Buffy screeched causing both Wesley and Angel to flinch. They were the only two in the room who had experienced the wrath of Buffy; the other four were blissfully oblivious to Wesley and Angel's discomfort.

"Buffy", Angel said while approaching her cautiously, "Maybe you should just sit down and try to breathe"

"Don't tell me what to do Fang boy", Buffy turned on Angel, "You're not the one with Spike's soul in them." Buffy paused, "I think I just offended myself."

"Fred", Angel said while never taking his eyes off Buffy, "Wanna run those test now"

Suddenly pandemonium broke out in the room. Buffy was having a temper tantrum in which she was displaying the fact that Spike's soul made her regress into have an emotional maturity much like that of a three year old.

It was actually quite a funny tantrum. Buffy would try to hurl Angel because he made some remark about Spike's not so favorable qualities, and then she would realize she couldn't quite grasp solid objects in her ghost hands so she would launch herself at Angel only to go right through him and the table.

Fred, Gunn and Lorne might have laughed if they were not so preoccupied by trying to get Angel's "bodyguards" to leave the room. They had come insisting that the tiny blonde women was a threat and needed to be "eliminated".

Gunn had made the mistake about questioning Buffy's strength (when she was corporeal) since she was a small girl. That got him a slap on the arm from Fred and a whole new argument with the female "bodyguards" and the male ones.

Lorne, who had been strangely soft-spoken since his bosses dead ex showed up in the office, unable to touch things and holding her other lovers soul in her the other lover who happened to be his bosses main rival, snapped.

"Everybody shut up right now or I swear to god I well sing the Star Spangled Banner as I high as I can go" Lorne screeched.
Only Buffy didn't get it. All the others learned to not take Lorne's threats as idle ones. Damn Bete Midler.

"OK here is how it is going to go" Lorne said, taking charge of the chaos, "Buffy you are going to sing something that isn't going to make the ear drums in my cheek bleed and the I am going to tell you what you need to know. You guys", Lorne continued, gesturing to Angel's bodyguards", "Are going to leave right now, no questions asked. Fred you are going to prep the lab so as soon as I am done with Buffy you can test her. Wesley you are going to research more and Gunn set up Buffy's accommodations. OK people move move move.

Everyone stared blankly at Lorne.

"I said go"

At Lorne's command the "bodyguards" clumsily scrambled out the door. Fred too made a hasty retreat to the Lab. Both Gunn and Wesley looked like they were going to say something but both left the room reluctantly.

Now only Angel, Buffy, Lorne and Harmony were in the room.

"What do you want me to do Lorney Toons."

Lorne was about to respond when Angel cut in, "just leave"

"Fine"

Buffy then spoke up; "Did you want me to sing"

"That is the idea, yes"

"Oh well I have had some pretty bad experiences with the whole singing dancing scene"

"I just need I short song"

"OK but if a sharply dressed demon shows up and tries to marry people then don't say I didn't warn you."

Both Lorne and Angel shrugged and chalked it up to a scooby thing.

Buffy's voice cut through the air.

"The record shows
I shot the bloke
And I did it
Mmmmmmyyy way"

"That's it you can stop" Lorne said hurriedly, "really no need to continue"

Angel too was shaken by Buffy's choice of song and also by the way she carried it out but he didn't comment on it.

"All right what is wrong with me", Buffy said in what she meant to be a nonchalant voice but cam out more like a forced calm, because although she didn't show it she was also wierded out by her choice of song.

"Well there is definitely more than one person inside her body"

"How can you tell"

"Well everybody's life force runs on a different frequency and from Buffy I am picking up two different frequency hence to different peoples life forces are in Buffy"

"What does that mean, that I am going to be channeling my inner Spike from time to time, or am I just going to be a combination of us both"

"Well from what I can tell there are going to be periods where Spike's life force well be the dominant life force, Yep, that's basically it. Now, if you don't mind, I am going to go drink myself into a coma", and with that Lorne fled the room.

An uncomfortable silence took over the room once more since neither Buffy nor Angel knew exactly how to approach the subject of Buffy's predicament.

"Maybe I should get a new name"

"Huh", Angel responded, stunned.

"A new name, like Spuffy or something"

"Huh", Angel repeated.

"You know Buffy, Spike, Spuffy"; Buffy said trying to spell it out for Angel.

"I still don't get it"

"It is a combination of our names you great poof"

"Poof?" Angel said raising his eyebrows.

"Sorry, it's a Spike thing", Buffy said out loud then immediately adding, "yeah right", under her breath.

Buffy decided to change the subject, "I need you to call Giles for me and tell him about my return. In need to see Spike"

"I well get around to it"

"I am trusting you"

"I know"

Not a one of them noticed Eve who had been listening in on the office for god knows how long. Just then she pulled out her cell phone and hit speed dial number one,

"Hey hon we have a problem"

"What is it Babe", Eve heard Lindsey saying from the phone.

"Well I am looking at what came out of the amulet and it's not a male vampire"

"Spike cam back as a girl"

"No, Buffy did"

"Buffy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

"The one and apparently not so only"

"That's bad I already mailed the package"

"Oh shit"

"Meet me at the house and we well discuss this further"

"Love you Lindsey"

"I love you Eve"

Eve hung up her cell phone and smoothed out her skirt.

"Stop right their Eve", Angel said from his spot in the door way where he had heard her entire conversation.

"Angel" Eve said trying to cover for herself, "I was just passing through. I am going to leave now see you tomorrow's

"Not so fast" Angel said

Buffy rolled her eyes at his clichés.

"We heard everything you said and we are not going to let you go anywhere"

"You well never get anything from me", Eve screamed as she pulled a shotgun from her handbag.

"Sweetie", Buffy said as she addressed Eve, "Bullets go right through me and Angel doesn't get killed by them"

"I know" Eve said dramatically raising the shotgun end toward her temple, "this is for me", she said as she pulled the trigger.

Buffy was the first one to speak, "Okay problem solved, once again let me say you have such lovely employees here"

"Well I guess that settles it" Angel said surprised.

"Damn", Buffy said sarcastically, "I hope all my enemies are like