Author's Chapter Notes:
hmmm......i dunno if i like thsi chapter eaither...let me know :D
Half an hour after Spike had dropped Buffy off he arrived at the studio and made his way to the resting area.

“Good morning Spike.” Angel said smugly to Spike as he was standing by the refreshment table.
“Morning to you to Peaches.” Spike said gleefully.
“What’s gotten into you?” Angel snapped sick of Spike not being put down when he was around.

He was supposed to get annoyed! I'm Angel O’Connor I slept with his girlfriend. In his bed!

Angel was completely baffled by Spikes lack of resentment. He knew for a fact Spike hated him and he always enjoyed getting under the bleached wonders skin but the British freak just didn’t seem to care anymore.
“Nothings got into me peaches. I'm perfectly happy, happier than usual as a matter of fact and may I say you look dashing today.” Spike laughed at the thunderous look on Angel’s face, ignoring his taunts as he walked off towards a private room out back where the actors could rest between takes.

“Hey handsome.”
Spike opened his eyes and looked up at Jenifer who plopped herself down on the same couch as him. Spike shifted nervously when he felt her move closer to him.
“So how’ve you been?” Jen asked batting her eyelids at him.

God he's stunning. We’d be perfect together! It won’t be long and he’ll be begging for it!

“I'm good.” Spike answered back nervously when she started stroking his arm.
“Spike listen I was thinking maybe we could go out together tomorrow? I mean we got a four day break now and I thought it would be good if we got to know each other a little better?” Jennifer whispered seductively in his ear now outright flirting with him knowing that subtle was defiantly not working.
Spike jumped at the feel of her hand running up his thigh towards a place that he had definitely reserved for Buffy’s touch only.
“Whoa okay lets back off a bit yeh!” Spike yelped jumping off the sofa and staring bug eyed at Jennifer as she too stood up and began to walk slowly towards him.
“Oh come on Spike! I know you want me its obvious!” Jen laughed as if Spike not wanting her was impossible.

God could this woman love herself more!?

“I bloody well don’t want you! Look im sorry Jen im already seeing someone.” Spike finally admitted his back was now pressed up against the wall. Jennifer immediately stopped in her tracks and looked at Spike as if he had just grown two heads.
“What are you talking about? No your not it would have been in the papers and since when do you have relationships?” Jennifer laughed trying to hide the disbelief and anger she had about him rejecting her.
Spike growled sick and tired of everyone thinking he was not capable of being in a relationship.

“I am all right! Not only am I in a relationship im in a serious relationship… all right…In fact…I love her so there!” Spike shot back knowing he was acting childish but he didn’t care at the moment.
“Love her?! Then how haven’t I heard about her?” Jennifer asked confused a frown creasing her forehead.
“Because we didn’t want to go public yet.” Spike sighed finally calming down.
“Who is she?”
“You don’t know her. She isn’t famous.” Spike replied.

“She isn’t even famous! You rejected me! ME! For someone who isn’t even famous. I can’t believe this.” Jennifer shouted before storming out of the room and slamming the door behind her. Spike sat back down and rested his head in his hands.
He had a really bad headache.






“Hey Spike. You look like crap.” Connor greeted Spike opening the door for his sister’s boyfriend to step in.
Spike ruffled his hair and looked at Connor under hooded eyes. He felt drained. Not only had he repeatedly done a particularly exhausting fight scene for the last 9 hours but he had to deal with an extremely pissed off and annoying Angel who keep trying to push his buttons but he also had to deal with Jennifer who had gone out of her way to give Spike chilling glares all day.

God I'm glad im here.

“Thanks a lot mate. Where’s big sis?” Spike sighed walking into the living room.
“She’s in the kitchen. Lasagne for dinner. Hey did you listen to that cd I lent you?” Connor asked sitting opposite him.
“Hmm oh yeah their good Con didn’t realise you had such good taste.” Spike teased knowing how defensive Connor got when someone judged his choice in things. Before Connor could reply however Buffy walked into the living room. Buffy practically leapt at him and kissed him like she hadn’t seen him in days not hours.

Mmm she tastes like strawberries.

They both pulled away breathless. Buffy leaning her forehead against his.
“I accept that you too boink but I did not need to see that.”
Buffy eyes which were slowly being clouded over with lust suddenly snapped to her little brother who was still sitting there but had disgusted look on his face.
“Don’t say boink again and go set the table.” Buffy smiled sweetly at him while Connor trudged into the kitchen to get the plates.
“God pet I don’t think I can wait till after dinner. I’ve bloody wanted you all day.”

Spike groaned leaning in and kissing Buffy again and pushing his erection against her belly as if she needed proof of how much he wanted her.
“Me too baby but we got to have dinner first Connor and Dawns sleeping over a friends tonight and their going after dinner.” Buffy reasoned.
“Aint it a school night?”
“yeah but Janice Dawns friend is babysitting cause her mom is in a meeting till really late tonight and her mom said she’d drive them both to school in the morning and if Dawns allowed then Connor has to be allowed.” Buffy rolled her eyes.
“Aw well guess we can be as loud as we want huh?” Spike smirked curling his tongue against his teeth. Gagging sounds form behind them made them both turn to see Connor and Dawn both standing there pretending to heave.



After dinner Connor left to walk to his friends and Dawn left not long after shouting out don’t do anything I wouldn’t to her sister before running down the path. When Buffy turned round after shutting the door she found Spike standing there leaning against the banister grinning at her before holding out his hand so he could lead her upstairs.

This is gunna be a long night Buffy smiled to herself happily as her bedroom door shut behind them.







Buffy rolled over groggily reaching blindly for the phone that was ringing way too loudly way to early in her opinion. She heard Spike groan loudly underneath her as the shrill ring woke him too.

“Hello?” Buffy grumbled into the phone.
“Buffy…”
“Hmm Dawn? What’s the matter?” Buffy yawned laying back and resting her head back onto Spikes chest sleepily.
“Have you seen the papers?” Dawn asked timidly.
“No. Why? Another gay story?” Buffy asked laughing softly before melting as Spike whispered I love you in her ear. Buffy looked up at him and mouthed it back causing a grin to break out on his face.
“Buff this is serious. Look out your window.”


Buffy sighed before tearing herself away from Spikes very comfortable arms and trudging over to the window trying to appease her sister. She pulled the curtain back a tiny bit before letting it go as if burned.
“Buffy pet, what’s the matter?” Spike asked taking in Buffy’s panicked face. Before she gave him an answer she bolted out the bedroom door. Spike jumped up and ran after her finding her at the front door holding a newspaper which had been pushed through her front door.
“Luv? What is it?” Spike asked gently grasping her by her arms and looking at her concerned etched in his face.
“They know.”





“They know?...Who know what pet? You’re being a bit vague luv.” Spike laughed still completely clueless to what she was talking about. That was until she thrust the paper at him and he saw the picture on the front page. It was a picture of him and Buffy yesterday when he dropped her off before going to the set.

Fucking bastards.

Spike didn’t have to read the article to know the gist of it the headline said it all.

Spike Sleeps With Stripper!

Tossers the whole lot of em.

Spike growled angrily glancing through a window in the living room. There was a whole crowd of Paparazzi across the street obviously waiting to get a shot of them. Spike walked back to Buffy and pulled her to him in a big hug.
“You don’t listen to a word they say okay luv. I love you that’s all that matters okay I’ll go try sort this out okay luv just give me a bit I’ll phone my agent.” Spike assured her before running back upstairs to get his cell.
Buffy just stared after him.

Oh God.

He thought it was what was wrote about her that might upset her but Buffy didn’t give a crap about the press they could think what they want she wasn’t worried about that. What she was worried about was what would happen when they found out she was Angel’s ex.

Oh god if Angel see’s this he’s gunna tell Spike.

Buffy knew the press wouldn’t find out. Not yet anyway. The only people who even remembered Buffy dating Angel was Willow, Dawn and Connor he was unknown back then so the press wouldn’t find that out. But Spike was going back to work in three days.

No way is Angel not gunna tell him.

Buffy felt physically sick with worry. She had to tell him before Angel could.




Spike meanwhile was upstairs pacing Buffy’s room with his cell glued to his ear waiting for his agent to pick up.
“Hello Spike.”
“Wes. Have you seen the papers?” Spike asked anxiously.
“Yes I have any publicity is good publicity I suppose.” Wesley sighed.
“Wes you have to sort this!”
“Sort what? Spike this isn’t the first time this has happened remember you’ve had the front page filled with your love life for ages now. Sure you haven’t graced it about your love life for awhile but I thought you’d be use to it.” Wesley said confused about why Spike was so upset.


“Wes. Buffy’s my girlfriend. I'm dating her.” Spike stated firmly.
“….What! Dating! Since when?” Wesley questioned not believing what he was hearing.

“About 6 weeks now. Wes please you’ve got to sort this. I'm in love with her for Christ sake.” Spike admitted dropping to sit on Buffy’s bed. He looked up to see Buffy standing in the doorway smiling at him softly. He could see the worry in her eyes but she was obviously pleased by what he had just said. He motioned for her to come to him and she sat on his lap burying her face in his neck.
“Well… I don’t know what to say. It’s a shock to say the least. Is she a stripper?” Wesley asked cautiously.

“Yer she is but I don’t care bout that. I doubt she’d be able to go back there anyway. They named the club in the paper which means it will probably be surrounded with paparazzi.” Spike sighed looking at Buffy regretfully. Buffy just nodded in understanding.

Crap what am I gunna do without that job?

“Okay well I guess I can send a car to go get you and Buffy to begin with.” Wesley said.
“Hmm okay you can drop me off in my apartment underground parking so we will be able to move around better I suppose. You’ll have to send cars to Buffy’s sister and brother school too to pick them up.” Spike informed Wesley.
“Ah so she’s the guardian of two teenagers as well then. Wow the papers are very accurate this time. Right how do you want to handle the press? I'm guessing you want to issue a statement. What do you want to say?” Wesley asked snagging a pen off his desk and scribbling a few notes down.

“Umm say me and Buffy are an item and yes Buffy did work at the Blue club which she is not ashamed of as she had two teenagers to support. Tell them we’ve been dating for 6 weeks and to go hound someone else.” Spike finished snidely.
“Okay I cant promise anything. This is a huge story Spike. It’s even bigger now that they know you two are actually dating. The papers wont believe your in a relationship. They will want to know everything. Maybe Buffy and her brother and sister should stay for a day or two for it to calm down a bit.” Wesley suggested.
“Okay ill ask just send the car Wes we’ll need like an hour though.”
“Next time Spike tell me when you start a serious relationship.” Wesley grumbled not really angry at his client. He had hoped Spike would find someone and settle down eventually.
“I don’t plan on a next time Wes.” Spike said simply putting the phone down leaving a shocked Wesley on the other end.
Spike let out a deep sigh.


“I'm sorry pet.”
“Don’t be. I'm fine. I'm guessing me Connor and Dawn are staying at yours tonight huh?” Buffy asked.
“Well I think it will be for the best. Actually if you could bring enough for 2-3 days it might be best.” Spike said staring to get dressed.
“Okay.”

They both got dressed in silence after Buffy walked around her room shoving a few things into a hold hall. She then went into Connors and Dawns doing the exact same with them before meeting Spike back down stairs as they waited anxiously for the car to arrive. They heard a knock at the door not to long after and a man in a dark suit stepped in with the loudness of a crowd following him in. They handed him all the bags and he transferred them into the car.
“Its gunna be okay sweetheart. I promise.” Spike whispered into her ear before leading her out into the sea of flashing light bulbs and the shouted questions of well over 4 dozen paparazzi.

Hmm why do I doubt that?