“Oh my lord you look a mess what happened to you?”
Spike stared at the hair/makeup artist with bloodshot eyes.
“Wadda ya mean? Nothings wrong just do your damn work.” Spike snapped staring into the mirror in front of him

Cheeky bitch.

Although Spike did have to side with her a bit, his face was pale and the bags under his eyes spoke of how little sleep he had gotten last night.
She just began her work trying to get rid of the very unflattering bags under the lead actor’s eyes.

Hmm looks like he's had problems last night…Wonder if it’s that Buffy woman he's dating.

“So all this time we’ve spent gossiping and you never mentioned you were dating someone.” She baited hoping he’d tell her what was really happening.
“No I didn’t tell you…listen im going to my room. Tell them to come get me when they need me on set.” Spike mumbled getting up and stalking toward his dressing room.


Spike dropped into his couch and stared at the ceiling sightlessly. He missed her. He actually missed her after only a few hours. Usually if they hadn’t seen each other they at least phoned each other and now here he was like a pansy pining for her.

Bloody poof.

He believed her that it wasn’t set up or anything. It couldn’t be, for starters he had approached her so yeah it was far fetched but no way could she have faked her emotions. He knew she loved him, didn’t doubt it for a second. But she had kept it from him and Spike couldn’t get over the fact that the woman he loved even more than Drusilla had also slept with that bastard.

Why do the birds go loony over that fucker…what if she decides she wants to go out with him now?

Spike sighed and rubbed his eyes not wanting these thoughts to affect him today. A knock at the door broke him out of his thoughts.

“Come in.” Spike called.
“Thanks for the invite.” Angels walked in smile firmly in place.
“Get out now.” Spike warned not trusting his temper.
“Oh come on Spike we’re all friends here…How’s Buffy? You didn’t have a fight on account of me did you?” Angel asked mock sympathy in his voice.
“Fuck off Angel.” Spike grumbled glaring at him.
“Mmm well if you have maybe I should give her a call… She sure seemed to like me the last time I fuc-”
“Shut up!” Spike snarled standing up threateningly.

“So she told you we used to date huh? Did she tell you the details? How I was the very first to screw her? That she came to me for months and how she screamed every single time?” Angel laughed mockingly determined to get Spike to snap no matter how disgustingly lewd he had to be.
Spike raised his fist up and was about to swing when he realised what Angel was doing.

If I hit him I get thrown off this film and I get done for assault…He's trying to fuck with me so I make a mistake.

Spike lowered his fist again and Angel stared at him in disbelief.
“I'm going to go do my scenes and then im leaving for the day… I suggest you do the same.” Spike ground out.
“What that’s it?! Come on Spike Jesus show some balls! I’ll tell the paper you know…about me and Buffy.” Angel threatened.
“I don’t care.” Spike said casually while his insides froze.
“Yeah sure you don’t you don’t care that I had sex with Buffy…That I had sex with Buffy before anyone else? Spike you honestly think you can compare to me? What ever she told you…if she said she loved you it’s a load of shit Spike because Buffy she just likes the attention…well the attention of someone famous anyway. She doesn’t love you Spike why else would she stick around with all the papers saying how much of a slut she is…She’s a whore Spike and she’s just using you.” Angel said with fake sincerity in his voice trying to make it sound as if he was only trying to help.


He saw the flicker of anguish and doubt flash across Spikes face and had to try his hardest not to brake out in a grin right there.
“I know we’re not exactly friends…but be careful.”
Angel turned and left the room with a sly grin curling his lips.

This is too easy.





“Yoo know the problem…with w..w..women!?” Spike slurred halfway through a bottle of whiskey.
“Their users…Nothing but …us…us…users.” Spike finished hiccupping through the sentence. He was in a seedy bar named something tacky like “Willies” or something. He had a cap pulled low over his face so his platinum blonde hair was covered. The drunk sitting next to him nodded absently not really paying attention to the raving drunk man next to him.
It had been 3 days since Spike had last dropped Buffy off at her house. He had tried to go speak to her every night had even drove to her street but each time he heard Angels voice in his ear and chickened out. And so here he was at a bar no more than 3 streets away form Buffy’s house drinking himself into oblivion.

Spike still had doubts about Buffy and her real feelings for him.

Even though it was Angel who told me…didn’t mean it wasn’t true right?

“Right that’s it im off!...gunn…gunna go see a girl!” Spike shouted clapping his new friend on the back before walking out of the bar.

Right…which way…right orr left…Mmm im gunna go…. Left!

An hour later Spike finally stumbled towards Buffy’s front door swaying and singing as he went.
“I did it my way!!” Spike sang loudly giggling to himself before collapsing spread eagle on Buffy’s porch.


Buffy sat on the couch tears streaming down her cheeks for the hundredth time in the last 3 days. She had the phone pressed tightly to her ear as she gulped down tub after tub of Ben and Jerry’s.
“Im so sorry Buffy.” Willows sympathetic voice said again like it had every night.
“I know you are Will.” Buffy sighed wiping the teas from her face.
“You guys seemed so perfect while you were together…Even Oz said how happier Spike seemed when he was with you.” Willow shook her head in sadness that it had come to this.

“Yeah…I thought this was gunna be forever…and you know what’s really pathetic? Even though it’s obvious he’s so angry with me ...god he probably hates me right now but despite that I want to just see him so bad. Even though I know he can’t stand me I still wouldn’t turn him away…I love him so much.” Buffy sobbed.
Willow just spoke a load of nonsense soothingly along the line hoping to cheer her friend up. She looked up at Oz who was lying next to her. He stared into her eyes and smiled softly entwining his fingers with hers as if reassuring her that he and her were forever and that what happened to Buffy and Spike wouldn’t happen to them.
“Hang on will….”
Buffy listened intently and heard a very out of tune and badly singing drunk singing my way by frank Sinatra.

Jesus who the hell is that.

She heard a loud thud come from right outside the front door.

Oh god…why did Dawn and Connor have to sleep out tonight!

Buffy worried. Terrified by what could be on the other side of the door.
“Will ill call you back okay.” Buffy hung up the phone before she got a response and moved towards the door not wanting to open it. She inched towards it and looked out the glass panes built into the door but they were too high and she couldn’t see the floor right outside the door. She sighed to herself before turning the key and opening the door gently.