Author's Chapter Notes:
See i todl you it wouldn tbe long before it started to get a bit better haha
“Spike?” Buffy gasped shocked when she saw Spike who was now sitting leaning against the railing of her porch.


“Buffy…nice to s…see you again.” Spike laughed bitterly looking her up and down taking in the short silk dressing gown she was wearing.
“Spike not that im not completely ecstatic that you’re here…But why are you here?” Buffy asked unsurely wrapping her arms around her self when she saw the heated but unsure look in his eye.
“I don’t know…You gunna let me in?” Spike asked standing up unsteadily and suddenly looking rather nervous.
Buffy looked up at him rather worried. His eyes were glazed over by the drink and Buffy knew he was at least a little bit tipsy.

Buffy nodded slowly stepping aside so he could wobble his way inside.

Spike walked into the living room and saw the used tissues, empty containers of ice cream and magazine after magazine showing pictures of him and Buffy entering that restaurant. Angel hadn’t yet revealed his past with Buffy and the press still hadn’t found out that he and Buffy had not spoken to each other since that night. Spike snorted at the headline of one magazine.

“Wedding Bells?”

God could it be further from the truth!

Spike turned round and saw Buffy standing there awkwardly not yet looking him in the eye.

“So…” Buffy began.
“Do you love Angel?”
Buffy’s head shot up and stared at Spike in disbelief. He couldn’t possibly think she actually still loved Angel.
“No! Of course not! I can’t stand him I don’t think I was ever in love with him just a stupid teenage fantasy.” Buffy gasped in shock that Spike would think that.
Spike nodded his head in relief.
“How many guys have you had sex with?” Spike asked looking at her seriously.

“What the hell does that have to do with anything? That was in the past Spike! I’ve never asked you how many you’ve been with probably at least ten times the amount I have…god every week you were with a different woman but I haven’t questioned you!” Buffy shot back suddenly angry.
“Angel came to talk to me two days ago…told me your were a liar. A slut who is just using my feelings to get what she wants.” Spike informed her.
“And you believed him?” Buffy asked quietly tears filling her eyes.


The silence that fell afterwards caused Buffy to look back down at the floor but her head shot up yet again this time so hard she thought it had popped off when Spike uttered something that she thought he never would have again.
“I love you.”
Buffy’s face lit up and she felt a warm glow grow in her stomach as he said the words that she would do anything to get him to say but she was soon disappointed again.
“Your drunk aren’t you?” She asked sadly.
“No not anymore. Think you sobered me up.” Spike sighed scratching the back of his head.


Buffy smiled and went to walk towards him but stopped when he held up his hands and stepped back.
“I want to start all over again. Take it slowly. I want to learn everything about you again Buffy. Start afresh.” He explained when he saw the crestfallen look on her face at being rejected.
“Yeah okay what ever you want Spike.” Buffy nodded enthusiastically wanting to do anything to reassure him.
“But what about Angel? I mean he hasn’t told the papers anything yet but…he’s going to isn’t he?” Buffy asked nervously.

“I don’t know yet. All I know is I cant just give you up. And anything Angel said was a load of twaddle.” Spike replied simply not realising the effect those words had on Buffy. She fought back the tears that entered her eyes and gulped nodding slowly too happy for words to form.
“I’d better go…I’ll call you tomorrow okay pet.” Spike said walking towards the door.
“Oo okay.” Buffy smiled softly.
Spike stared at her for what felt like an hour before walking out the door and strolling down the street.




Spike got home well over an hour later and did a double take when he saw who was sitting on his sofa.
“What the bleeding hell are you doing here?!” Spike growled in shock.
“Aren’t you glad to see me my Spike?” Drusilla pouted giving Spike her hurt look.
“Dru…Why are you here? How did you get in even?” Spike asked dumbfounded to see his ex sitting on his sofa as if she had never left.
“I miss you my prince.” Dru began moving towards Spike and leaning in to whisper in his ear.
“I’ve come home.” She whispered and leaned back to take in the look on his face, as if expecting it to be filled with Love joy and a side dish of excitement. When he just stared back at her mouth agape she frowned slightly.

“Dru what the hell are you talking about?” Spike asked staring at her as if she really had gone loony tunes this time.
“I want you back my love…I made such a bad mistake with Angel. He’s nothing compared to my dark prince. He's changed now…keeps all sorts of secrets.” Dru responded pressing her body close to Spike and suckling on his neck gently.

Spike stood stock still not believing that this was happening. A few months ago Spike would have screamed with happiness and have Dru in bed by this point but now…nothing.
It just felt wrong.

Wait a sec…Secrets? What secrets

“What secrets that forehead keep from you luv?” Spike asked trying to use Dru’s sudden change of heart to his advantage.
“Hmm he's such a bad boy. Pretends to know his way when he keeps swaying both ways!” Dru laughed knowingly.
“Swaying both ways?” Spike asked confused.

No way is she implying what I think.

“He thinks I don’t know but when daddy takes leave I know where he goes” Dru sighed stroking her hand up and down Spikes chest.
“Where? Where does he go princess?” Spike asked eagerly reverting to his old nickname to please her.
“Why are you so interested in this?” Dru asked frustrated almost forgetting to act like her sweet and innocent self.
“I'm not pet just want to know what the ponce is up to,”
“I’ll show you but first let’s entertain ourselves.” Dru smiled giddily slapping her hands together and leaning into kiss him.


“Whoa lets slow down pet…I want to do this right my love. Come here tomorrow and we can get up to lots of fun little games.” Spike waggled his eyebrows teasingly hoping that Dru was stupid enough to believe his act.
“You can show me what the moron is up too as well huh?” Spike suggested casually as if he didn’t really care

What did I ever find attractive in this psycho!

“Spike my prince…always knows how to make a girl feel special.” She giggled holding out her hand for him to kiss.
“Very well I will come tomorrow be prepared I’ll be here at 6…ive missed you so much…and I shall bring the pictures!” Dru finished in a seductive whimper before kissing Spike on the forehead and swaying her way toward the door and disappearing.


Pictures?

Spike wondered.

Hmmm I wonder what Dru was talking about with peaches. Was he hiding something? Did Dru have photos of it? If Angel had been doing something he shouldn’t and Dru has photos im home free! Threaten Angel with what ever he's hiding say he’ll tell the papers and Angel wouldn’t dare do anything to jeopardize his precious career so he’d keep his and Buffy’s past a secret.

Spike ginned at how lucky he was. Angel telling the papers that he used to date Buffy could easily put a stop to whatever relationship they had because what the press said despite Spike not caring it would make things a lot harder for them as a couple. Here was Spike worrying about how to keep Angel quiet and now this falls right into his lap.

Never thought id be happy to see Dru again!

Was spikes last thought ad he quickly fell to sleep.