Spike wasn’t need on set the next day so he was nothing but a bag of nerves waiting for Dru to come. Spike glanced at the phone and then at the clock.
He bit his lip and reached for the phone but quickly snatched his hand back and shook his head.

No it’s too early. You’d seem pathetic mate.

Spike glanced at the phone again before heaving a big sigh and grabbing the receiver.

Screw it I am pathetic.

“Hello?”
“…..Hello? Anyone there?”
Spike drank in the voice trying to create an image of Buffy in his head.
“Hey pet.” Spike finally answered.
“Spike! Hey!” Spike could hear the excited note in Buffy’s voice and smiled to himself happily.

She really missed me I guess.

“Just phoning to see how your are luv,” Spike spoke casually but inside he was turning to mush. He had missed this so much. The simple things like talking on the phone were the things he missed the most.
“Im good…better now you called.” Buffy smiled nervously to herself even though he couldn’t see her.
“Oh really...”
“Yep….hey have you seen the papers?” Buffy asked excitedly.
“No why?” Spike asked a little worried.
“Oz and Willow have come out in the paper there are photos of them kissing at the end of Oz’s gig in Paris.” Buffy smiled happy for her friend.
“Really?! Good for them so she’s really gone with him has she?”
“Hmm yep they’ll be back in a week…I miss our talks so I can’t wait for her to come back with all the juicy details!” Buffy laughed childishly.

Somehow Spike had managed to stay on the phone with Buffy for over three hours.
He glanced at the clock and saw it was six o’clock.

Oh crap Dru would be here any second!

“Buffy luv im sorry i've got to go.” Spike sighed not wanting to hang up one bit.
“Oh okay its all right…can I call you tomorrow?” She asked timidly.
“Course pet but phone me on my cell okay I’ll be in work see…only a 2 days more to go.” Spike voice made it sound as if 2 days were 2 decades and Buffy had to laugh at the desperation in his voice.
“Okay good luck tomorrow bye.” Buffy finished not sure whether to say she loved him or not.
“Yer speak to you tomorrow…bye luv.”


As soon as Spike hung up the phone the door went and Spike bolted to the light switch turning on the romantic lights before swinging the door open to reveal Dru standing there wearing a very low cut black top which she obviously thought was sexy but just looked tacky to Spike and she had a brown envelope under her arm.

“Hello.” Spike greeted bobbing up and down on the balls of his feet.
“Hello my love oh how ive missed you.” Dru whispered before throwing herself at Spike wrapping him in a big hug and nuzzling his throat.
“Come on in then sweet…I’ll pour you some wine.” Spike offered walking into the kitchen with Dru trailing behind. She took in the candle lit table he had set up earlier that day and smiled in delight.
“Oooo my Spike so romantic. A pure poet at heart.” She laughed dancing round excitedly.
Spike just rolled his eyes and began to pour the wine.

Crazy bint.

“So that what you want to show me luv?” Spike asked nodding to the envelope that was still in her hand.
“Hmmm oh yes proof that daddy’s been a bad boy.” Dru grinned taking the glass of wine from Spike and handing him the envelope.
Spike tore it open and stared down at the photos before him. His jaw hit the floor and if his eyes bugged out anymore they would have fallen out.
“Wha…No….what th…cant be!”
Spike gasped trying to get the pictures to make sense in his head.

No fucking way!

“Yes…always suspected a bit, he always spent more time in the mirror than me.” Dru said thoughtfully.
A smile suddenly bloomed on Spikes face and he did a little dance in his head.

This is too good to be true!

There in all their glory where several photos…all showing the same thing.

Angel…making out with a guy!

“Dru how the hell did you get these?” Spike asked in awe as he flicked through the photos and even found one of Angel in a very compromising position with the man.
“He was keeping secrets form me. Even the pixies said so! So I hired a personal investigator to see what my sneaky daddy dearest was up too.” Dru responded getting tired of all of Spikes questions.
“Come on my luv it has been to long.” Dru whimpered leaning into Spike trying to capture his lips.
Spike jerked his head back. Panicked he glanced around looking for a way out of this.
“My Spike doesn’t want me no more!” Dru cried stomping her foot like a child.
“I'm…Dru look…” Spike fumbled for an excuse.
“What’s so special about her? I made the biggest mistake of my life when I left you didn’t I?” Dru sighed sanely.
“Dru…”
“It’s okay my Spike….eventually I will find my true prince.” Drusilla sighed wistfully. She leant in and kissed him gently on the cheek and turning to leave.
“Wait…that’s it? Your just gunna leave? What about the photos?” Spike asked gob smacked by Dru’s kindness.
“You may keep them my prince. To teach daddy a lesson, I hope you and the sunshine get your happily ever after.” Dru smiled sanely before nodding her head at Spike and leaving the kitchen.

I wish you all the luck in the world my darling Spike…let’s hope sunshine is smarter than I was.

Spike stared down at the photos in his hand and the spot where Dru had disappeared.

Oh My God. Not only has Dru given me a way of saving my relationship with Buffy…She hadn’t asked for anything.





Spike let out a huge whoop before grinning like an idiot. His celebrations how ever were cut short by Xander and Cordelia running through the door.
“Spike! What’s going on we just saw Dru in the hallway!” Cordelia yelled furious with her friend for being such a jackass.
“I know you’ve broken up with Buffy…but you cant just start sleeping with other people! I will so kick your ass for hurting a girl who has such great fashion sense!” Cordelia warned advancing on Spike.
“Yeah Spike I know you’ve broken up with one bitch doesn’t mean you jump into bed with another worse one!” Xander freaked.
“Hey Buffy’s not a bitch for starters and second I didn’t sleep with Dru!” Spike finished.

“Yeah Xander she’s not a bitch and Spike thank god!” Cordelia finished smiling brightly at Spike.
“Yes she is a bitch she slept with Angel!” Xander shouted.
“FIVE YEARS AGO!” Cordelia bellowed back.
“God you’ve met her once and you say she’s a bitch!” Cordelia laughed.
“You’ve only met her once so how would you know she’s not?” Xander snapped back determined to prove he was right about Buffy all along.
“I haven’t met her once! I’ve gone out with her a few times!” Cordelia finished smirking at him.
“What? When?” Xander asked mystified.
“Well a couple of times when Spike had her over here. A few times I had dinner at hers and we went shopping too.” Cordelia shrugged.


“You invited Cordelia and not me?” Xander asked turning hurt eyes at Spike.
Spike looked and Xander apologetically not meaning to hurt him.
“Well…sorta I mean at the party you said you sort of liked her but then you also said she was a stripper and that she wasn’t perfect and stuff so I didn’t want you saying that stuff when she was around so I kinda didn’t ask you. I'm sorry mate.” Spike finished guiltily.
“And don’t go blaming Spike now Xander cause it’s only your fault. Oz hasn’t invited you over when we hung with him and Willow too.” Cordelia added determined to make Xander see how much of and idiot he was.
Xander sighed and scratched the back of his hair.

Jesus have I messed up.

“I'm sorry Spike. Buffy does seem like a nice girl…I wont say anything else about her.” Xander apologised.
“OH MY GOD!” Cordelia squealed staring at the pictures that Spike had placed on the table.
“I know.” Spike smirked. After Xander almost choking on his own tongue when he saw what was on the photographs Spike let them in on every detail of what Dru said and his plan to shut Angel up for good.
“So you and Buffy are together again?” Cordelia asked happily.
“Yer…sorta…we’re taking it slow.” Spike explained.
“Slow. How can you go slow? You know you both love each other the papers know about you…your pretty deep already.” Xander stated simply.
“Yer….I know I meant with the whole jumping into bed thing again.” Spike laughed.
As both of his friends stared at their friend in shock wondering where their usual Buffy and Sex obsessed friend had gone.