“So what was that all about? I mean he had no right coming into my room and asking those questions but you real wailed on him” Buffy asked watching the traffic pass by the window as Spike drove her to the café.
“Riley’s the worst reporter ive ever met. He intimidates people to get his story he even threatened Cordelia once because
the papers thought she was my girlfriend. Right Asshole.” Spike grumbled.

“Well thanks for sticking up for me” Buffy smiled warmly at him.

“Of course pet…Why were you working there tonight anyway?” Spike asked taking his eyes off the road to look at Buffy.
“Well ive still got bills to pay Spike plus you’ve seen what Connor eats costs me a small fortune just for his breakfast.” Buffy joked.
“Ive got money pet.”
“So…I'm not going to take your money Spike no way.” Buffy answered vehemently shaking her head.

Spike let it drop. For now and led her into the nice little café he had chosen they sat at a table very aware of the stare that were directed at them. There were only 5 others in there besides the man behind the counter and a waiter but it was hard to ignore them.
“Ahh the joys of dating a movie star” Buffy smiled as a waiter immediately rushed over to take their order. Spike laughed at her before ordering a cup of coffee and a BLT sandwich with fries. Buffy raised an eyebrow and looked at the clock that said 11 o’clock on the wall and then down at what he had ordered.
“Hey I haven’t eaten all day rite…im bloody hungry!” Spike defended using a mock hurt voice.
Buffy just ordered a coffee and a doughnut and handed the menu back to the waiter.

This feels so nice. I thought it would be uncomfortable and awkward but it feels so natural. Maybe its gunna be easier to forget about angel than I thought.

Spike smiled to himself and he and Buffy immediately struck up a conversation feeling completely at ease just like they had before the huge Angel explosion.
“Not that I want to ruin the night or anything but…what about Angel?” Buffy asked quietly, looking up at Spike through her eyelashes.
“What about Angel?” Spike sighed.
“Well. He’s gunna tell that me and him…” Buffy trailed off not wanting to see the disgusted look on Spikes face she looked down into her second cup of coffee unable to look at him.
Spike lifted her chin with his fingers till he could see her beautiful green eyes again.

“He's no problem pet. Turns out the poof is actually a poof…well into both sexes at least.” Spike shrugged.
“What! No way!” Buffy stared at Spike incredously before bursting out crying laughing drawing even more attention to them than before.
“Im…sorry. But…oh god!” Buffy was laughing so hard tears were leaking down her cheeks and she could hardly breathe. Spike lips twitched as he tried his hardest not to laugh but he couldn’t help a deep chuckle to get loose.

“How’d you find out?!” Buffy asked still trying to control her giggling.
“Dru told me.” Spike sighed looking up at Buffy as her laughing stopped.
“Oh…”
Spike saw the hurt in Buffy’s eyes and felt like kicking himself for making her look that sad.
“She came to my house and said she had photos of Angel doing something bad, so I invited her for dinner to get her to trust me a bit and she gave me them. She left straight after I swear Buffy.” Spike said earnestly reaching for her hand across the table.

“Really? You…you didn’t do anything?” Buffy asked a little unsure.
“Nope one thing I’ve learned from you is I like my women sane.” Spike joked earning a smile from Buffy.
“So we don’t have any more obstacles I guess…” Spike smiled happily.

“No I guess not.” Buffy smiled back feeling a fluttering in her stomach that made her feel tingly all over.
“Well that’s good then. Because I don’t think I can do what I promised the other day.” Spike spoke softly.
“What did you promise?” Buffy asked confused.
“I told you I wanted to take things slow. Guess I love you too much to slow down I’m in pretty deep as it is anyways why slow down now.” Spike replied teasingly giving Buffy a heated look making her blush and let out a cute little giggle.


Just before they were going to leave a nervous looking girl came over to the table.
“Um hi.” She greeted nervously glancing back and for between Buffy and himself.
“Hello pet.” Spike smiled up at the girl and glanced back down at Buffy to see her smiling at him too.
“Can I have your autograph please? I love your movies.” She added holding out a pen and paper.
“Sure pet. What’s your name sweetheart?

Buffy couldn’t believe how Spike was so good at talking to his fans. He obviously made them feel that they were the only one in the world he cared about and Buffy smiled at the girl who was grinning like Christmas had come early.
As Spike wrote the girl looked at Buffy.

“Hi.” The girl smiled at her too giving a little wave. “Hope im not intruding or anything.” The girl asked suddenly realising that Buffy might be a bit annoyed that a girl had come and interrupted her date.
“No of course not…he isn’t much company anyway.” Buffy whispered to the girl loud enough for Spike to hear.
“Hey!” Spike cried holding a hand to his heart as if offended. The girl and Buffy both laughed at how much of an idiot he was acting.
“You’re so cute together thanks for the autograph.” She smiled at Buffy and Spike before nodding her head and walking off.
“Well pet you ready to go now?” Spike stood up holding his hand out to Buffy.

“Um Spike look.” Buffy pointed to the window of the shop where a dozen paparazzi were standing with cameras.
“Ahh bollocks. I'm sorry pet.” Spike sighed.
“Doesn’t bother me.” Buffy shrugged.
“Okay let’s go.” Spike held her hand tightly as he pushed the door open and was immediately surrounded by men snapping away at them and shooting off questions.
Spike even answered a few on the way to the car.


“So you’re still together then?!!”


“Looks that way don’t it.” Spike grinned cockily holding his and Buffy’s joined hands up to the camera and pulling a face ridiculing whoever had asked such an obvious question.
Spike helped Buffy into the car and jogged round to the other side avoiding the camera men as he jumped in the front seat and took off down the street.
“Wow. Its always going to be that insane isn’t it?” Buffy asked with wide eyes.
“Yeah sorry luv but you’re stuck with it.”

They pulled up outside Buffy’s and they both glanced around but were relieved there were no paparazzi.
“Filming finishes tomorrow…I was thinking me and you have a meal to celebrate I’ll cook it at the apartment.” Spike said.
“Yeah that would be really good.” Buffy smiled back.
They both lapsed into silence neither knowing how to end the night.
“Well I shoul-”
The rest of Buffy’s sentence vanished when she felt Spikes lips pressed against hers and little fireworks exploded in her head. Spike buried his hands in her hair and moaned into her mouth.

God I missed this.

Spike couldn’t help the gasp that left his mouth when he felt Buffy’s tongue sweep in and tangle with his passionately. How he had kept his self away form this for so long he had no clue. She was like a drug.
He pulled away panting and opened his stormy blue eyes to stare into her passion filled green ones.
“I’ll see you tomorrow.” He rasped leaning in and kissing her again.
After another toe curling kiss Spike pulled away again.
“Okay this time im serious. See you tomorrow.” He gasped drawing much needed oxygen into his lungs.
“Okay…Goodnight.” She whispered before jumping out of the car and making her way up to the house.