Author's Chapter Notes:
im not good at the romance stuff it just ends up reeealll soppy lol so i apolgise. Sorry for the delay in updating too i accidently deleted this chapter and had to rewrite it...only 2 more chapters to go :D
Spike drove home with the goofiest grin on his face pulling his car into his personal parking space in the underground car park before riding the elevator up to his apartment whistling something under his breath happily.

Wow im a ponce.

“What the hell are you guys doing here?!” Spike asked as soon as he stepped through the door, staring at Cordelia Gunn and Xander who were sprawled on his couch with a bowl of popcorn and a big bag of Doritos.
“We’re watching a movie.” Xander mumbled through a mouthful of popcorn.
“And you cant do that in your homes because….”

If Spike was expecting an answer he wasn’t getting one Xander just grinned turning back to the TV and Cordelia and Gunn just looked back at him both reaching for the Doritos.
“Okay then.” Spike chuckled hanging his coat up.
“Where ya been anyway? You were supposed to have finished work 4 hours ago?” Cordelia asked.
“I was with Buffy. Date.” Spike smiled coming to sit on the chair next to the TV.
“That sounds so weird.” Xander spoke to himself frowning a bit.
“What sounds weird?”
“Well you and Buffy dating…You’re too involved for it to be boyfriend and girlfriend dating now. Seems weird.” Xander shrugged munching on a handful of popcorn again.
“That makes no sense whatsoever whelp.” Spike shook his head.

“Actually it does. Dating implies you making plans to meet up and go out but im afraid my man you’re already merged.” Gunn laughed at the very confused look on his friends face.
“Listen when I don’t turn up to a party…you immediately say, where’s Gunn and Fred? You always assume that were are together. Its like were merged into one person. Fred and Gunn.” Gunn explained leaning back into the couch.
“You’re all insane.” Spike laughed taking a big gulp of beer that Xander had handed him.
“Well im happy for you Spike Buffy’s a great girl.” Cordelia grinned.

“Yer…she is.” Spike spoke softly getting a glazed over look in his eyes and goofy grin plastered his face as he daydreamed about Buffy not noticing his friends all watching the emotions playing across his face.
“Oh god Spike your turning all soppy!” Xander yelped shaking his body as if he had a shiver.
“Shut up Xander I think it’s cute. And I want to be an aunt by the time the year is out so get cracking!” Cordelia laughed bouncing up and down at the thought of having a cute little podgy baby to baby-sit.

“Jeesh Cord slow down let the boy have a breather…you don’t think that’s a little fast!? They aren’t even married yet!” Xander sighed too exasperated by Cordelia’s over excitement to notice Spikes far off, contemplative look.

Married…Then Buffy and me will be together always.

Spike smiled at the thought of Buffy with a big shiny sparkler on her finger to show she was his.
“How would you feel about instead of being an aunt being a bridesmaid?” Spike asked smiling as a look of shock and then happiness flashed across her face shocked. Gunn just nodded smiling slightly while Xanders jaw hung open a half munched dorito on his tongue.

“Are you serious!!? Spike no! You’ve only been dating for like three months!” Xander yelped shocked by his friend’s thoughts.
“Really three months! I didn’t even now it was three months…oh my god! Its three months tomorrow isn’t it?! I’ll better get a ring! Tomorrow would be the perfect day.” Spike grinned about to jump up excited.
“Spike are you sure man?” Gunn asked seriously.
“Never been surer in my life.” Spike answered which seemed to please Gunn as he nodded his head and clapped him on the back.
“Good luck dude.”

“Am I the only one with a problem about this?” Xander asked looking at Cordelia and Gunn for help, the both of them gave him annoyed looks so he guessed he was on his own.
“Look Spike im all on board with Buffy now I was an ass I was a pig I get it. But don’t you think it’s a little soon?” Xander pleaded his case.

“Xand. It’s soon and usually id never be this foolish but with Buffy it’s different. I have never loved anything or anyone as much as I love Buffy, she is on my mind 24 hours a day, when I was going around acting like a caveman about Angel and Buffy…we didn’t even spend a week apart but it damn near killed me. It felt like I was missing a part of me as bloody corny as that sounds. I want Buffy to be with me forever Xand. No not want, need. I need her in my life. I couldn’t imagine myself getting old with anyone but her Xander.” Spike finished.
Cordelia’s eyes were filled with tears Xander just gulped and nodded his head in understanding and even Gunn looked a little moved.

“Well…didn’t realise you felt like that Spike. Sorry. I'm still gunna be best man thought right?” Xander asked jokingly.
“Sure you are, that’s if she says yes of course.”
“Just repeat everything you just said and she’d say yes.” Cordelia sobbed.
“You sure?”
“Spike I nearly goddamn wanted to marry you and im not the one you’re going to propose too…lucky cow.” Cordelia laughed hugging her friend.
“Okay which jewellers should I go to? They’ll open up for me right?”



Buffy was in her bedroom the next day getting dressed for her meal with Spike.

Hmmm it’s just his apartment so should I go with jeans or skirt?

Jeans.


She had just tugged them up her legs when the phone rang.

“Hello?”
“Why didn’t you tell me you were back with Spike you bitch!” Willow cried loudly down the lien to her best friend.
“Hey Will…how do you know anyway?” Buffy asked.

“Well apart from the fact that there’s pictures of you two coming out of a restaurant holding hands and grinning madly in every paper and magazine possible there was also a very excited phone call I got from Cordelia last night. Almost burst my eardrum.” Willow joked.
“Wow Cordelia phoned you in Paris just to tell you im back with Spike!?” Buffy laughed.
“Umm…yeah…I…um mean she said some other stuff too. You know clothes….and um clothes.” Willow stuttered into wanting to say exactly what Cordelia had told her especially about Spikes plans.
“Yeah she does love the clothes.”

“Besides im not in Paris anymore we’re in New York. Oz got one more gig and then we’re coming home.” Willow smiled happily even though she knew her friend wouldn’t see her.
“Oh that’s great! I’ll tell you what I’ll keep you up to date on all the happenings in my life from now on okay I’ll even phone you tomorrow to let you know how our date tonight went.” Buffy stated.
“Oh it will probably be in the paper anyway. Something this big doesn’t stay quiet long.” Willow said slyly.
“Huh? This big? We’ve been on dates before.” Buffy laughed nervously not getting what Willow was talking about.
“You’ll understand tomorrow.” Willow said knowingly.
“Hey! Come on stop it! What’s going on?” Buffy asked completely confused now but she was met with a dial tone.

Huh? Ok then…

When there was a knock on the door Buffy practically flew down the stairs and pulled the door open wide to reveal Spike standing there in his usual black jeans but he was wearing a light blue dress shit. Buffy couldn’t stop herself and leant in to pull him to her kissing him like she hadn’t seen him for days. When they broke apart Spike rested his forehead against hers breathing deeply.

“I think you gave the press something else to print.” Spike laughed jerking his head to indicate the gang of paparazzi standing on the pavement with their cameras flashing.
“Ah well.” Buffy sighed pulling Spike into the house for more privacy.
“Pet I got some bad news…” Spike sighed scratching the back of his head nervously.
“What is it?” Buffy asked a little put out she was in a great mood but for some reason she felt sure Spike was about to burst her bubble.
“My parents are at my place…their joining us for dinner.” Spike sighed looking at Buffy worried about her reaction. He saw her eyes glaze over in panic and her lip tremble.
“Oh!”

Oh no. What if they don’t like me?! What if they tell Spike to end things with me I mean what parents wants their child to date a former stripper right?!

“Buffy are you sure I can tell them to leave if you want? I swear I didn’t know I had just come home and started cooking us dinner when they turned up. Believe me of all nights im not happy about them bloody showing up tonight either.” Spike grumbled not believing that his parents would pick today of all days to come around.
“No it’s okay…I can deal. Just parents right.” Buffy shrugged trying to calm herself.
Spike took her hand and kissed it gently.
“Your gunna do great,” Spike whispered before leading her outside to the car. The paparazzi immediately surrounded them snapping away and shouting out questions.

“Where are you going!?”
“When’s your next film coming out?!”
“Are you getting married!?”

Ha ha their idiots.

“Shut the hell up is it you tosser!” Spike snarled angrily hurrying up to get to the car.
Buffy stared at Spikes back worriedly. Spike hated paparazzi sure but he had never snapped at one like that before.
“Why were you going into those jewellers then!?”

Buffy turned around to see who had shouted it and saw a short little man standing there holding a camera with a sly knowing smirk on his face.
When Buffy and Spike were finally sat in the car they pulled off slowly not wanting to hit any of them despite how annoying they all were.

“What jewellers?” Buffy asked Spike.
“Oh nothing you know…anything for a story.” Spike assured her.
Buffy nodded but had definitely heard the tremor in his voice when he had spoken.

What’s going on?