Author's Chapter Notes:
only the epilouge to go now :(
“Mum, dad this is Buffy. Buffy this is me mum, Jenny and my dad Giles.” Spike introduced them with a hand pressed to Buffy’s back trying to reassure her. She was an absolute wreck when they reached his building and he felt so bad for her.

“Hello nice to finally meet you dear.” Giles greeted taking her hand and kissing it gently.
“Yes so glad our son introduced us. Only took him three months but there you go.” Jenny smiled warmly shooting Spike a disapproving look.
“Wow three months…I didnt even realise!” Buffy gasped looking up at Spike happily.
“Three months today pet.” Spike nodded smiling at her giving her light kiss on her lips knowing he couldn’t kiss her like he wanted to. she’d die of embarrassment if he did that in front of his parents.

Spike disappeared into the kitchen to check on the chicken in the oven and to fetch a bottle of wine. When he entered the living room again he saw Buffy, his dad and his mum all sitting on the couch laughing at something hysterically.
“Oh you know I thought I’d get a head start on letting Buffy know about all your dark secrets.” Jenny grinned at him evilly. While Buffy’s howls of laughter still sounded in the background.
Spike just groaned and took a seat preparing himself for everything that his parents would reveal about him.


“So buffy…You dance?” Jenny asked politely over dinner.
Buffy choked on her piece of chicken and Spike shifted uncomfortably.
“Umm well I did…I don’t know what im going to do now though.” Buffy mumbled nervously.
“Hmm what was it like?” Jenny asked genuinely interested.
“Mum!” Spike groaned looking to his father for help he just made a helpless little noise and started cleaning his glasses.
“I'm just curious is all!” Jenny defended raising her hands looking at Buffy apologetically not meaning to offend her.

“No it’s all right. I not ashamed of it or anything. I’d do anything to look after Dawn and Connor and since I had so little options I had to do it. It felt freeing as strange as it sounds; when the music starts you kind of forget the audience.” Buffy shrugged hoping Jenny wouldn’t judge her. She just beamed however shocking Buffy.
“I always wished I could dance sadly I was born with two left feet.” Jenny sighed poking at her chicken in mock sadness earning a laugh from everyone at the table.
Spike looked at his mum happily and then stared proudly at Buffy.

Things had gone perfect. It was obvious his mother approved she fussed over her all night and Spike could see the happy gleam in her eye that had been obviously absent when he had introduced Drusilla. His father also seemed rather taken with Buffy joking and chatting with her with a warm smile Spike had thought he only held for him.
“Excuse me im going to get more wine.” Spike said kissing Buffy’s hand before leaving the table. He heard his father excuse himself also and turned to look at his father as he entered the kitchen.

“So…what do you think?” Spike started.
“Marry her.” Giles smiled.
“I plan too.” Spike grinned happily watching as shock shone on his fathers face when he realised that Spike wasn’t joking.
“You’re asking her to marry you?” Giles asked shocked.
“Yes. I know I’ve only been with her three months but dad they have been the happiest of my life I have never felt even a tenth of the emotions I feel for Buffy with anyone else…She’s the one dad. I don’t want to let her get away.” He explained staring off into space. Giles regarded him for a few minutes before cracking a huge grin and grabbing Spike in a huge hug.

“Congratulations son.” Giles smiled.
“She’s a lovely girl. Cant wait to finally have a daughter.” Giles beamed happily.
“I'm going to be forgotten aren’t I?” Spike asked wryly.
“Most definitely.” Giles nodded seriously. Already in love with the girl Spike was going to marry.
“When are you going to ask her?” Giles asked.
“Tomorrow, I was planning on it tonight but then you to stupid sods showed up so ive just got to make sure she doesn’t see the news or papers between now and then.” Spike worried rubbing his eyes and leaning back against the counter.
“Why?”
“The paparazzi got a picture of me going into the jewellers; they pretty much guessed the rest of the story.” Spike grumbled.
“Hmm that is a problem.” Giles pondered a way to help his son but they were soon interrupted by the women calling them back into the living room.

“What took you so long?” Buffy asked as Spike cam e back in holding the bottle of wine.
“Hmm oh nothing luv.” Spike smiled pecking her cheek before sitting back down.
“Well William I think we should be going now…I can barely keep my eyes open. It was lovely to meet you Buffy I’ll talk to you soon I imagine.” Jenny smiled warmly at the girl giving her a big hug to say goodbye.
“You take care of him.” She whispered in Buffy’s ear before walking towards the door a smile thrown over her shoulder.
“Yes dear I look forward to seeing you again. You’re a great influence on the git over there.” Giles laughed nodding to Spike who let out a little raspy grunt in protest


Buffy and Spike waved them off at the door before returning back to the couch. Spike fell back groaning as if he had just endured hell with Buffy falling behind him smiling at him.
“Oh come on they were lovely it wasn’t that bad.” Buffy laughed at him.

“If you say so pet. I'm just glad their gone so I can do this.” He muttered before reaching over and smashing his lips to hers taking her breath away with the first sweep of his tongue in her mouth. Buffy leaned back with Spike followed till he was laying over her propped up on his elbows. They kissed for what seemed like hours before they pulled apart panting heavily staring at each other in wonder. Spike ran his hands up and over her stomach feeling her muscles quaver as he ghosted his hands over them. A brief flash of seeing Buffy with a swollen belly waddling towards him smiling entered his head and he grinned to himself.

“What you smiling about?” Buffy asked breathlessly.

“Oh nothing.” Spike replied leaning in and kissing feather light kisses down her jaw and onto her throat. Buffy let out a soft little whimper and Spike grinned into her neck happy he could reduce her to a puddle of goo.
His hands finally reached her breasts and he kneaded them gently feeling for her nipples and rubbing them through the material of her top.

Spike’s painfully hard erection finally made itself known when he grinded into Buffy’s centre trying to relieve a bit of tension but only causing him to get even harder.
“Oh god.” He groaned when he felt Buffy wrap her legs around him bringing him down so their lower bodies pressed tightly against each other. She rocked against him gently making Spike thrust with her. Their lips were fused together and Spike could feel groan after groan tumble out of Buffy’s mouth and into his own.
“You’re going to stay here right pet?” Spike asked breathlessly.
“God yes.” She replied trying to capture his lips again but he pulled away.
“To the bedroom it is then.” Spike smiled taking Buffy’s hand and tugging her to his room down the hall.


Spike sat down on the end of the bed while Buffy quickly pulled her shirt over her head and pulled her jeans off. Spike only had a second to drink in the image of her standing there in a baby blue underwear set when Buffy practically launched herself at him she straddled him on the bed kissing him like there was no tomorrow.

“Oh god I’ve missed this.” Buffy panted as she broke away for a second before leaning back in again. Spike buried his hands in her hair pulling her even closer, the kiss giving him the feeling he was at home again in her arms. Buffy laid a hand on his chest pushing him down so he lay on the bed staring up at her while she straddled him. She quickly unbuttoned his shirt and peeled it off him. She leant in nibbling on his collar bone before placing kisses all down his chest when she flicked her tongue across his nipple Spike finally lost it and rolled them so she was beneath him. He undid her bra while she tugged at his jeans managing to finally get them off. Spike reached down pulling her underwear off till there were no layers separating them. Spike drank in the sight of her before him looking deep into her eyes when he finally thrust into her. A strangled gasp escaped her mouth but her eyes kept steady with his, neither even blinking as Spike began a slow but deep pace.

“I love you Buffy.” Spike whispered in an awed voice.
“I love you too Spike…always.” She sighed braking eye contact by closing her eyes when she felt Spikes talented fingers reach down to rub her clit.
Spike felt her tense up beneath him and flew over the edge with her, his groan of pleasure and her whimper of release in perfect harmony with each other. Spike rolled off but pulled her so she rested on his chest. Her head laying on his shoulder and her leg thrown over his.

We fit together perfectly.

Spike stroked a hand up and down Buffy’s side soothingly.
“Hmmm…don’t think I could ever live without you. This past week has been hell.” Buffy sighed closing her eyes and nuzzling into Spikes throat.
“...You mean that?” Spike asked.
“Yep.” Buffy smiled.

Fuck it I can’t wait till tomorrow!

Spike reached into his bedside table without drawing Buffy’s attention and grabbed the black velvet box from inside.
“Buffy?”
“Spike?”
Spike sat up making Buffy look at him in confusion before sitting up also, clutching the sheet to her chest. She look petrified as if he was going to tell her it was a mistake or something.
“Spike what’s wrong?” she asked worriedly.

“Buffy…we’ve known each other 3 months now….well in 2 minutes we would have known each other 3 months and a day.” He said wryly looking at the alarm clock that flashed 11:58.

“And in those three months I realised something. I had it all wrong. I was searching everywhere for a girl I could spend my life with when really…she found me. From the moment I saw you I knew there would be no one else Buffy. You’re the greatest thing that’s ever happened to me and I don’t want a future without you in it. I want you to be the first thing I see in the morning and the last one I see at night. I want you Buffy. Forever and always. And I realise how much of an ass I’ve been over Angel…sure he was your first but I want to be your last, so…will you marry me?” Spike finished holding out the opened box.

Buffy’s mouth hung open in shock and she could do nothing but stare at the ring in front of her. A huge shiny diamond with a platinum band. She looked up at Spike and saw the nervousness on his face that showed he wasn’t kidding.
“You’re being serious?” She asked. She felt numb. She knew she was either going to cry or laugh any second and when she saw Spikes nod she did both. A little laugh escaped just as tears began to well in her eyes.
“Yes.” She nodded simply braking out in a huge smile.
Spike grabbed her into a fierce hug before capturing her lips again.

“You have no idea how happy you just made me.” Spike smiled taking out the ring and placing it on her finger gently.
“You’re kidding right? Im the luckiest woman on the planet.”
“Well we’re the perfect match then pet cause im sure as hell the luckiest man.” Spike smiled before kissing her soundly on the lips.

“Is this what those reporters were talking about?!” Buffy asked giggling slightly staring at the ring in awe. She saw Spike nod and pouted a little.
“So im practically the last to know? Wait did you tell Cordy?!” Buffy asked.
“Yep. Why?” Spike asked confused.
“Damn Willow! She knew! She didn’t tell me!” Buffy cried not really annoyed with her friend but in disbelief that she didn’t give her even a hint.

“Well it is supposed to be a surprise pet.” Spike laughed placing a soft kiss on her shoulder. Buffy looked up at him looking into his perfectly blue eyes seeing the love that shone out of them causing a huge smile to spread across her face. Spike leant in and kissed her softly rolling to face her properly wanting to make love to his fiancé and never wanting to stop.