Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry if the spacing on this is making it hard to read it my first fic so im still trying to figure out how to do it right

oh well enjoy :D
“Okay where do you live pet?”
“1745 Richards Street.”

He looked at her blankly for a second obviously having no clue where that was. She laughed at him and told him to just start driving and she’d direct him. It took spike 15 minutes to find Buffy’s house which was nestled in a quiet suburb just outside of the city.
They spent most of the ride with Buffy laughing at spikes complete inability to follow directions and him teasing her about not being able to give the right directions.
He pulled up outside her house and the both of them went quiet.

“Thanks for the ride Spike. It was nice to meet you.” Buffy broke the silence giving him a sweet smile that made Spikes stomach do a flip flop.

“It was my pleasure luv.” He replied back not sure what to
say.
Buffy reached for the handle of the car when spike put his hand on her arm for the second time that night.

“Can I have your number pet?” Spike asked. He had dated some of Hollywood’s most famous actresses and models but he had never been this nervous about a girl ever.

Buffy looked at him as if trying to figure him out before replying.
“Why?”

“What do you mean why? Cos I like you. Id think that was obvious.” Spike smirked at her. Completely blown away by how she had no clue about her affect on him.

“Why? You just met me, and you met me in a strip club of all places. If you think Im just gunna sleep with you your wasting your time just cause I work in a strip club doesn’t mean Im a slut I only work there cause I have to support myself and Connor and Dawn and I know realise Im rambling so Im gunna shut up now.” Buffy buried her face in her hands completely embarrassed.

Spike just smiled at how cute Buffy was being and waited for her to lift her head again before leaning in and pressing his lips to her. Buffy was taken by surprised and just sat there at first but she quickly fell into it and responded pressing her lips harder to his. Spikes tongue swept her bottom lip and Buffy opened her mouth to let his tongue tangle with hers.

Wow she’s an amazing kisser.

Wow he's an amazing kisser.

After a few seconds Buffy pulled back to breathe and looked into spikes slightly glazed eyes as he panted for breathe too.

“I have to go inside.” Buffy gasped.

“Yeah okay.” Spike sighed. “Can I have your number?” he asked again hopefully.

Buffy reached into her bag and pulled out a pen and piece of paper she scribbled her number on it and handed it to him. She give him one last smile before jumping out of the car and making her way up to the house. He waited for her to disappear inside before he pulled off grinning happily to himself.





The next morning Buffy sat at her kitchen counter with a cup of coffee in her hand skimming through the newspaper not really paying any attention to the articles. Her mind was definitely elsewhere.

I can’t believe it. Spike Devlin kissed me. Me! This kind of things only happens in movies….I wonder if he’ll call me.

Buffy smiled to herself. The fluttery feeling in her stomach seemed to have increased through the night and she was now thoroughly happy. Even if he didn’t call her she still had the memories.

“Hey Sis.” Connor yawned as he made his way into the kitchen sitting at the table and pouring himself a bowl of cereal.

“Morning Con. Wow you got in the shower before Dawn congratulations.” Buffy smiled ruffling Conner’s hair as she got up to tip the rest of her coffee in the sink.
Dawn came down the stairs half hour later and joined Conner at the breakfast table. He was now halfway through a plate full of pancakes.

God that boy could eat.

“Hey Buffy…can I wear your earrings to school today?” dawn asked pleadingly giving her older sister her puppy dog eyes.
“No” Buffy replied simply and watched as Dawn immediately went into a pout and sat sullenly at the table picking at her pancakes grumpily.

Buffy leaned against the kitchen counter and watched her baby brother and sister arguing over the table. Well she couldn’t really call them babies anymore Connor was 13 and dawn was almost 16.
After their mother died almost 2 years ago now all three of them had been left devastated. Buffy who was 19 at the time dropped out of school to look after Dawn and Connor. She had tried to find her dad to see if he could help out with looking after them but she had found out he was living somewhere in Spain with his secretary so she had to find a job to help support them all.

Sadly since she had to quit college she had no qualifications and the only place that she could work which paid enough for her to be able to pay all the bills was The Blue the strip club.

So here she was 21, the legal guardian of two teenagers and working as a stripper.

Even if he does call…no way would he stick around.

Buffy sighed and turned to stare out the window tuning out the bickering between her two younger siblings.





Across town:


Spike laid sprawled across his king sized bed wide awake staring at his ceiling trying to recall every last detail of last night. He smiled to himself as he remembered the cute little way she smiled at him and the way her lips felt as he kissed her.

God she was perfect.

He frowned suddenly only just remembering her mention having to support Dawn and Connor.
Who the hell are they? Spike wondered. He frowned realising that he didn’t even ask her last name. Maybe Dawn and Connor were her kids…no they couldn’t be she wasn’t old enough….was she?
Spike groaned to himself realising how much of an idiot he was here he was already mooning over her and he didn’t know her last name, how old she was or even if she had kids!

He closed his eyes again and he could see her face looking at him breathlessly struggling to regain air she had lost while kissing him.
He smiled and realised he didn’t even care if she had kids so what!?...he wasn’t gunna let this one get away. No way.

He thought back to when he first saw her dancing on stage. How well she moved with the music and how her whole body seemed to move perfectly. Spike groaned as he felt himself harden beneath the sheet.



Oh bugger.




After Dawn and Connor had left for school Buffy made her way upstairs to clean their bedrooms. Starting with Connors first she picked up all his dirty clothes off the floor and made his bed properly

What is it with boys not being able to do a bed?

She was cleaning under his bed when her hand closed on a pack of cigarettes. She glared down at the packet and placed them on his bed for when he came home, she was definitely going to have words with him about his new habit.

After cleaning both rooms and clearing an unhealthy amount of junk food wrapping out from both rooms.
She made her way back downstairs to put the washing in the washing machine when the phone rang.

Buffy stared at the phone for a few seconds feeling a bit light head suddenly. She picked up the phone and put it to her ear slowly as if expecting the phone to just blow up in her hand.

“..Hello” she stuttered nervously.
“Hey gorgeous how ya doing?”
Buffy sank against the wall and closed her eyes laughing at herself.
“Hey Doyle. Im great and how are you?” Buffy replied happy to hear one of her best friends on the line.

“Well Im doing great but listen Willow called me last night, sounding as if someone let her into the coffee again. The most I could make out was…Buffy…Spike Devlin…and a few Oh My god. So translation please darlin? Doyle asked humour filling his voice.

Buffy smiled and moved with the phone towards the machine and loading it with a bunch of Connors clothes.

“Spike Devlin came to the club last night and asked to talk to me is all.” Buffy replied trying to act nonchalant.

There was silence on the other end of the phone and Buffy straightened up waiting for her friend to say something.
“You are kidding right. Spike Devlin?!Oh my god what did he want?”
“He asked for my number.” Buffy said leaving out the whole kissing part.
“Did you give it?” Doyle asked suddenly sounding serious.
Buffy sighed before answering yes.

“Be careful Buffy I don’t want to see you get hurt okay and i’ve heard some stories about Devlin.” Doyle advised.

“Yeah i’ve heard too. Who hasn’t? But he was so sweet last night, I can give him a chance at least right.” Buffy answered.
“Yeah of course. I got to go Buff we’ll talk more on Saturday.”

Buffy hung up the phone and went back to cleaning up the house humming Love Is In The Air as she worked