Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy and thanx for alll the reviews! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside lol
Buffy sat on the couch watching TV with a big glass of wine in front of her. It was her night off and Dawn had gone out to the bronze and Connor was upstairs doing homework. She was half way through dirty dancing when the phone rang.

She reached across and answered it.

“Hello…if this is work you can hang up right now cause Im not coming in.” Buffy replied automatically slipping a piece of popcorn in her mouth.
“This isn’t work luv.” Spikes deep chuckle rumbled down the phone. Buffy’s eyes widened comically and she immediately reached across to turn the television down.
“Spike Hi!” Buffy replied pleased to hear his voice so soon.
“How are you pet?”
“I'm good. I'm very good.”



Buffy and Spike talked on the phone for about an hour, they were still on the phone when Dawn came home from the bronze. She looked at her sister questioningly. Taking in her smile and the fact that she hadn’t immediately been on her ass for being home past curfew she knew that who ever was on the phone must be one hell of a talented person to get her sister happy enough to not mind her coming home late. Not to push her luck she didn’t question her sister she just ran upstairs to bed.

“So listen pet. I was wondering you don’t work during the day right?” Spike asked
“No I don’t.”
“Okay so do you want to have lunch or something tomorrow?” Spike held his breath waiting for her reply.
“Yeah I would love that.” Buffy replied smiling when she heard spike let out a breath he must have held back.

“Well that’s great luv is it okay if I make lunch at my place it's just I figured you don’t want paparazzi to follow us around.”
“Yep no problem, come pick me up at 12 okay?”Buffy smiled happily
“Yeah sure pet.”
“I’ve really got to go now Spike I’ll see you tomorrow okay…goodnight spike.”
“Goodnight luv.”

Spike put the phone down and immediately ran for a cold shower.

Bloody hell if this is what a phone call does to me god knows what Im gunna be like when is see her again.





The next day Spike was in his bedroom with a pair of jeans in one hand and a pair of leather pants in the other.
“Arghh” he threw both sets of pants onto the bed and stormed off to his closet to look again.

Init supposed to be women who fuss over damn clothes?! God im a nit

Well over an hour later spike was standing in his kitchen staring at the clock on the counter. Only another half hour and he could leave to go pick her up. He smiled to himself as he imagined Buffy sitting in her house doing the exact same thing. His thoughts were broken by his cell phone chirping away.

“Lo.”
“Hey you don’t call you don’t write what’s up buddy?” Xanders voice sounded down the line in a mock hurt voice.

“Hey Xand sorry i've been busy I had to go to the studio yesterday to sort out that contract for that film I have to do.” Spike replied opening his fridge and popping a grape into his mouth trying to get rid of the nervousness in his belly.

“Hmm yes but that doesn’t explain you bailing out on us at Blue the other night, I couldn’t find you anywhere and then a girl said you had gone to talk to one of the strippers. Back to the old ways huh buddy?” Xander laughed knowing spike would at some point start back up with his womaniser ways.

“Um well yeah I went to talk to Buffy.”
“Buffy? That’s her real name or stage name. Either way it’s hilarious.”
“It’s her real name you prat. In fact im picking her up in 20 minutes.” Spike smirked smugly.
“WHAT! You’re going out with a stripper!? Spike fair enough to bang her but date her?” Xander yelled down the line in shock.
“Hey watch it Harris! Buffy’s not like that.” Spike replied back trying to keep his anger down.

“How would you know Spike? You know what type of girl she is from watching her dance naked! Do you really think you’re the only guy that’s propositioned this girl after a show?!”
“She said no Harris. When I first asked her to go talk privately she said no. She’s only agreed to a date plus I spoke to her for ages on the phone yesterday she isn’t like that Xand.” Spike reasoned but he felt a niggle of doubt enter his brain with his friends words.

Hmm maybe she only said no to begin with cos im famous and she wanted to see if she could mooch off me.

Spike frowned as the thoughts filled his head.

“Look man all im saying is if your gunna “date” her then keep it low profile kay. I mean if the press found out I mean come on Spike. She can’t be a permanent girl man. Anyway I got to go dude. Gunn just called were gunna go shoot some hoops. See ya round.”
Spike shut the phone and glanced up at the clock.

10 minutes.

Screw it im coming now.

All the way to Buffy spike thought over what Xander said.
How much did he really know about her? Sure she seemed absolutely perfect but so had Dru. Spike had pulled up outside Buffy’s house without realising it and just sat there staring ahead, until he heard someone calling his name.

He looked up and saw Buffy walking towards him and he almost forgot to breath she looked like a goddess the sun beamed down on her golden hair making it appear almost silver in some places, her golden tan was made even more obvious by the white lacy top she was wearing and her jeans did nothing to hide her perfectly shaped legs as they strode towards him. She opened the door of the car and got in smiling at him the entire time.

“Hey.”
“Lo pet, you look amazing.” Spike breathed not really trusting himself with words right now.
“Hmm I know you don’t look to bad yourself,” she replied eyeing his tight blue jeans and light blue shirt that brought out the sparkle in his eye.
Spike forgot all train of thought when she give him a playful little smirk and all his doubts from earlier were blown completely apart.




“Wow.”
Buffy jaw dropped when she stepped into Spikes penthouse apartment and her eyes immediately began to scan the place.”

It’s huge! Jesus my entire house would fit inside his living room alone!

Buffy’s eyes went from his huge very comfy very expensive looking couch to his huge entertainment centre the screen on the TV was at least 3 times the size of hers. The living room was decorated in crème and brown colours.
It was very stylish and Buffy was surprised that spike would go for something like this she thought it would be a full on bachelors pad equipped with a lazy boy chair and a minfridge next to it full with beer.

“You want a tour pet?” Spike asked interrupting Buffy from her rummaging through his CD collection. Buffy looked up at him embarrassed.
“Sorry not everyday you get to be inside Spike Devlins apartment is all.” Buffy mumbled.
“No problem pet come on i'll show you the kitchen.”

Spike led her all the way through his apartment showing her the kitchen which was all black, white and silver. He showed her two of the spare bedrooms and his own (Which had a huge king-sized bed he pointed out giving her a wink). And he showed her the bathroom which was all blue and white.

He's got good taste too wow could he get any more perfect.