Buffy trudged into the house dropping her bag on the floor before collapsing into the soft pillows of the couch. She looked at the clock on the wall and saw it was 4 am she groaned loudly before burying her face into one of the pillows.
Before she could fall into a much need sleep her cell phone vibrate din her bag jangling her keys. She reached down and saw Spike on the I.D.

“Hey.” Buffy spoke softly into the phone not wanting to wake up Dawn or Connor.
“Buffy! God pet I was out of my tree with worry where have you been?” Spike's panicked voice woke Buffy right up.
“I was in work. Why?” Buffy replied completely confused by his worry.
“I phoned you like a dozen times and you didn’t answer I thought you might have been attacked or something.” Spike breathed a sigh of relief.

Buffy smiled, feeling all fuzzy that he had worried about her.
“Im fine Spike my phone was on silent I only just got in.” Buffy yawned.
“Aw okay well I was just phoning to check you were all right. Ive got a meeting tomorrow with bloody Angel and the rest of the cast and crew then ive got an interview the day after so im not gunna be able to see you luv.” Spike sighed. Buffy could sense his sadness across the phone and even though it felt amazing to know he cared about her it also made her feel that much guiltier.

I should really tell him about Angel. He's gunna find out anyway it wont be that bad right?

Buffy bit her lip on the verge of replying when another thought entered her head.
Angel had taken Spike’s last girlfriend but not only had he taken Spike’s girlfriend he had also left Buffy for Spikes girlfriend.

Good God imagine if the papers found out…yes its best I don’t say anything. Spike might not even find out.

“That’s okay Spike I got a few things to do anyway.” Buffy replied feeling like a coward.
“Well I’ll phone you tomorrow anyway okay baby. Bye luv. I’ll miss you.” Spike replied earnestly wanting to reassure Buffy that he wasn’t deliberately avoiding her or anything.

“Yeah I’ll miss you too Spike. Bye.” Buffy hung up the phone and lay back onto the cushions one more time closing her eyes and this time she didn’t open them till Connor tapped her shoulder asking for breakfast.






The next day Spike woke up at ten he didn’t have to go to the meeting till eleven. They were going in to just discuss where the director wanted to go with the movie and for all the cast and crew to meet but Spike wanted to spend as little time with Angel as possible so he was definitely trying to be late. Spike went down to the limo at 11 thankful again for the underground parking his building had.

Stops all the damn paparazzi from getting him.

It was also one of the only reasons no one had seen him with Buffy. Yet anyway. Spike leaned back in the leather of the seats glancing out the window as a crowd of paparazzi and some fans ran to the limo in the hopes of catching a glimpse of him. Spike chuckled to himself when he saw a woman wearing a Marry Me Spike t-shirt.

Wonder how the fans will react when they find out about Buffy.

That was possibly the only worry Spike now had. He definitely cared a great deal about her. If he would let himself believe it he would even say he was in love with her but Dru had left him a lot more guarded and he was definitely not prepared to let Buffy in on his feelings yet. His friends absolutely adored her and he even had a soft spot for her brother and sister. Even her friends and his friends were getting along.

Well by her friends and my friends I mean Red and Oz of course.

Spike smiled happily at the thought of his spiky haired friend and Buffy’s red head friend. Oz had phoned him this morning to say he had been talking on the phone to Willow a lot and Spike definitely wouldn’t be surprised if they announced they were dating soon.

Ahh the bliss of being in love.

Spikes happy smile was soon wiped off his face as he noticed he was pulling up outside of The Hyperion LA’s finest hotel which was where the meet and greet was being held. Spike noticed a lot of fans and paparazzi outside the door there too and started preparing himself for the onslaught. He pulled himself out of the car and waved pleasantly at his fans.
Spike mostly hated paparazzi but he was always genuinely happy to meet a fan so he walked over to the crowd and began signing autographs.

“Oh my god im like so your biggest fan!”
Spike looked at the young and so obviously gay man who was standing in front of him waving a photo Spike had had taken not to long ago posing in nothing but a towel and a seductive smile.
“Nice to meet you” Spike smiled taking the picture from the kid and starting to sign it.
“What’s your name?”

“Oh it’s Andrew! I can’t believe im meeting you my friend Jonathan will be so jealous! Hey did you know that Angel O’Connor is in this movie too! I can’t believe your working with him he's such a bitch!” Andrew bitched while grinning manically at Spike.
Spike just chuckled at him amused by the boy’s obvious hatred for Angel.

“Hardly anyone cheered when he came here and no one asked for his autograph that will show him! I can’t believe Drusilla left you for him he's such a big asshole…”
Spike didn’t pay attention to the rest of the boy’s one way conversation.

It didn’t hurt.

Spike frowned slightly before breaking out in a giant grin. It didn’t hurt! Someone had brought up Dru leaving him for tall dark and forehead and it didn’t even cause a flicker of unease! Spike knew it was because of Buffy that it no longer stung to think of his ex and Angel. How can someone hurt your heart when you’ve given it to someone else! And he realised he had. He didn’t love Dru anymore. He loved Buffy. He utterly and completely was in love with her.

Without any warning Spike leant over the railing and pulled Andrew into a huge hug.

“Thanks so much mate!” Spike grinned excitedly unaware of the cameras snapping away at him. He was so happy he even planted a kiss on the boy’s cheek.
“For what?” Andrew asked gob smacked that Spike had actually touched him never mind kissed him too.
“For making me realise something.”
And with that Spike strode into the hotel leaving a very confused crowd outside all of which were staring at Andrew enviously.





Spike entered the ballroom where the manager of the hotel told him to go and he barely had enough time to take in the surroundings before. Robert Bowen the director came rushing up to him.
“Spike your late.” The man stated gruffly.

“Yeah sorry bout that I got mobbed outside my flat.” Spike lied.
“Oh well as long as you aren’t late for filming your fine. I hate these things too and plan to leave as soon as possible.” The director smirked at Spike before offering him his hand. Spike took it already knowing he would love working with this man.

“Right well I might as well tell you who everyone is right? Well that girl over there is the make up artist.” The director pointed to this young looking girl who was sitting at a table looking extremely uncomfortable.
“Those two over there are as you already probably know Jennifer Hunter and Beth Glave. Jennifer is playing your mistress and Beth is playing Angel’s both lovely girls.” The director added nodding fondly at the two stunning actresses who had noticed the manager and Spike looking at them. Jen smiled at Spike before leaning in and whispering something to Beth.

The director proceeded to tell Spike the names of most of the people involved in the film until he came to Angel.

“And that ah…is Angel as I am sure you know. Is there going to be a problem filming with you two? I won’t let anyone jeopardize this film.” The director said.
“No it should be fine we have a mutual hate and our characters hate each other too so it should be an Oscar winning performance.” Spike smiled and the director pleased that he had obviously made a favourable impression on the Director.


An hour later and Spike had met almost everyone he had been stuck with Jennifer for over twenty minutes she just seemed to go blabbering on and on and if she touched him one more time Spike was sure he’d go bloody insane he was saved form saying anything else to here though by none other than…

“Angel.” Spike said calmly as the huge man came strutting over to him as if he owned the damn room.
“Nice to see ya again Spikey.” Angel grinned evilly looking down at Spike trying to intimidate him.
“Yeah wish I could say the same for you Angel but sadly it seems the more I see you the more I want to heave so I can’t say nice really.” Spike snarked back smiling at Angel when his brows furrowed and he glared at Angel.

“So Spike tell me…How’s your love life? Mines very good Dru knows all the best tricks.” Angel laughed waiting for Spike to blow up and get angry with him. However Angel just got confused when Spike just looked at him with a smile.
“Actually at the moment it’s pretty great! Thanks for asking! Anyway got to go Peaches getting a bit dull in here aint it oh well bye.” Spike turned on his heel and left Angel standing there speechless and fuming that he hadn’t managed to get a rise out of him.

God what a sad pillock

Later that day Spike, Xander and Oz were all sitting in Spikes living room watching a basketball game and Spike had just reached for his 5th or 6th beer when his cell began chirping away.

“Looo?” Spike said cheerfully into the phone.
“Hello to you to.” Buffy laughed at the obviously happy Spike on the other end.
“Buffy! Hey sweetheart.” Spike grinned happy that his girl had called him. Xander started making kissing noises in his ear and Spike swiftly punched him in the arm and left the living room with Xanders indignant cry following after him.
“Just thought Id give you a call before work.” Buffy sighed down the line desperately wishing she could skip work and go meet him.
“It’s good to hear from you luv.” Spike smiled.

She’s even got a sweet voice!

Get a grip man.

Spike laughed at how soppy he seemed whenever he was even around her.
“What’s funny?” Buffy asked.
“Nothing luv nothing at all.”


Spike walked back into the living room with the sappiest grin on his face ever.
“Man your really into this girl aint you?” Xander asked shaking his shaggy head in disbelief never thinking he would ever see the day where Spike would fall in love again.
“Well she’s a very special girl.” Spike supplied staring into space.

“She’s a stripper though, so she isn’t exactly perfect is she?” Xander teased.
“Watch it Harris rite…You met her, you even said she was an amazing girl.” Spike snapped back getting a little annoyed by his friend’s constant little jibes at Buffy.
“What! Dude she is a stripper im just stating a fact! Its not as if your gunna marry her you haven’t even announced her to the newspapers yet! You haven’t had sex with her yet! God Oz back me up here man you wouldn’t seriously date a stripper would you?!” Xander turned to the quiet currently blue haired man sitting opposite him.

“Yes.”

“See Spike exactly my…what!?” Xander yelped suddenly realising that even Oz didn’t agree with him.
“Xand…Oz is dating a stripper.” Spike supplied gloatingly happy that for once Xander was without backup.
“What but…Who?” Xander asked his mouth gaping open in complete shock by the sudden and very unexpected news.
“Willow.” Oz replied again simply not taking his eyes off the game.
“Willow! The red head at the party! My god! I knew she was Buffy’s friend and all but she looked so innocent!” Xander said yet again unable to pick his jaw up.

“What and Buffy looked like a slut?” Spike asked his temper flaring again.
“What no it’s just…wow…guess im out numbered. I can’t believe it. Are you gunna go public with this?” Xander asked Oz.
Oz looked at him and nodded simply with a muttered "eventually".
“What about you?” Xander asked Spike.

“Definitely. I mean if I marry her its gunna be hard to keep a secret right?” Spike joked.
“YOU’RE MARRYING HER!?”
“What no not now you whelp if in the future I meant you stupid twit.”
“You’re serious?” Xander asked. Spike hadn’t even spoken about marriage with Drusilla so the fact that he could joke about it with Buffy meant that Spike was heading for the deep end.
“Well I plan to be with her for as long as humanly possible let’s put it that way.” Spike replied.
“DO you love her?” Xander asked worriedly.

He hardly knows her. What if she hurts him like Drusilla? I don’t think he’d survive if she did. Especially if the way he's acting now is any indication to just how much he likes this girl.


“You know what…Yeah I do.” Spike grinned downing his beer and turning back to the TV.