Author's Chapter Notes:
Definitely NC17 Chapter. Thanks to all reviews and comments.
Chapter 7

Night fell and the two supernatural beings packed their camp and moved on. Luckily, the jeep was still in its hiding spot and their supplies weren’t stolen by passing marauders. Buffy was eerily quiet as they continued towards Maiduguri.

Waking, Buffy was startled to see Spike sitting next to her palette, staring at her. His pale face etched with worry as his eyes revealed relief as she spoke.

“Where are we?” She looked around at the cave walls, feeling that they’d been holed in here for awhile. Something seemed wrong… no different. Something now hung between them, something heavy and life changing. For the life of her, she couldn’t figure out what happened.

“Cave, somewhere near the border of Niger and Nigeria. We best be on our way soon.”

He seemed strange; his eyes seem to sparkle even in the faint light of the cave. His stare was so intense, so… Inhaling, she started to move off the palette. Shaking her head, she muttered, “I… I don’t remember much.”

“You passed out yesterday… I…uh… found the cave and fixed you right up. Bit of a fever, but you’re fine… sailed through with flying colors and all that rot.”

“Oh my God! We’ve been here for over 24 hours? We’ve got to get Dawn!”

“Actually more like 36, you needed to rest.” He watched as she started to fold blankets. She amazed him, moving so quickly and efficiently just minutes after waking from a virtual coma.

Angry, she turned and yelled, “Not when Dawn is in danger!”

Caught in her irritation, he replied coldly, “Relax, Slayer. Maiduguri is only a night’s drive. Got a few hours to track the shrine or temple or whatever the bitch is planning on using and we’ll save the bit. Nothing to worry about.”

“Nothing to worry about? NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT?” Tears ran down Buffy cheeks as she viciously stuffed the blankets into a bag. “She’s all I have left and you tell me nothing to worry about.”

“I didn’t mean…” Spike paused, familiar frustration settling in.

“Of course not, you never mean it, do you?” Pausing to inhale, she visibly calmed. “You know what? Forget about it.”

“No,” his hand reached for her but she side stepped, her body rigid and eyes untrusting. He watched as she built walls around her heart, sheltering her from pain. “I meant that we have time to get there and it’ll be all right. It’s always all right. You and me… kicking the Hell-Bitch’s ass.”

She stared at him as she nibbled on her bottom lip, thoughts and questions floating in her eyes. Nodding, she let the subject drop and continued to pack so they could leave the campsite quickly.

~*~*~

Spike hummed to himself as they headed into Nigeria. Buffy needed to think, to strategize and his humming was worse than his singing. Failure was not an option and she needed to form a solid plan before they arrived.

Giles gave her clues to look for: no tall structures, no bleeding into a portal. South of the city, close to the boarder to Cameroon was a tiny village known for its black magicks. It also held two shrines, both perfectly suited for sacrifice and teleportation into other worlds. Glory would need some heavy duty magic in order to reinstate her in her hell-hole while destroying the Key in the process.

Buffy felt distracted though, from memories forcing themselves into her conscious mind. It felt good to sit next to Spike, despite her frustration that he’d allowed her to rest too long. She remembered her dream from last night… his shock. Maybe she should tell him the truth of her feelings. She’d probably shock him into silence... for a moment or two.

Smiling to herself, she closed her eyes. That would be a sight, her apologizing to Spike. Admitting her share of the blame for their situation. Shaking her head, she let her mind drift, falling asleep.

I’m sorry. I didn’t give you the benefit of the doubt and hid our relationship.” She watched his confusion turn into realization. His eyes were so expressive, always watching, analyzing her.

“You didn’t make me do anything I wasn’t prepared to do, love.”

Love… God, she missed the little pet names he used. Pet, Love, Goldilocks. She didn’t realize how much she’d missed them until she didn’t hear them. They annoyed her in the past. She didn’t want to be his Love, didn’t want to be reminded of that emotion. Especially when she felt that she was missing that emotion. It started way before Glory first arrived in Sunnydale. Somehow, the Slayer lost the ability of love.

“Thank you,” she sighed. “For staying in the dark with me.”

“I,” startled, Spike pulled away. “I…”

“Please, don’t. Could you… could you just hold me?” She wanted to feel again, feel the comfort his cool body provided her riotous one. Wanted to feel his arms around her, holding her, cherishing her, not the warrior. She wanted to feel like that girl she lost many years ago. Wanted to believe that everything would be OK and that the sun would come out tomorrow.

“Of course.” He shifted her into his arms; her head nestled in the crook of his shoulder. He smelled of home and safety.

“I missed this… I didn’t want to become attached to it and miss it.”

“Slayer?” His confused eyes wandered over her face.

“I wouldn’t let you hold me after… I figured if I wasn’t attached, it wouldn’t hurt as much when….”

“When?”

“When you leave me.” It felt so good to reveal that secret. Like a million pounds were lifted from her shoulders.

“I’m sorry,” he choked. “I’m here… now.”

“It’s alright, I’m a big girl.” She sighed, truth hurting her in more ways than one. No reason to not lay out the whole truth. “They always leave me… Angel… was nice that one time… Parker was a mistake and then Riley.” Boy, she missed what Riley represented, her normal human life. Something that she desperately grabbed onto and struggled to hold while her calling drug her in the opposite direction. In the middle of the night when all was quiet and nothing could touch her, she felt normal, even for just a moment. “His warm body next to me… I missed that the most. Having someone next to me, holding me.” Loving. Feeling that there might be one person on the planet that accepted her. “I got over it… eventually. With you… I didn’t want to become attached…” her words became harder to understand as tears filled her eyes. She could not bear to accept him only to turn around and realize she was not good enough. “They always leave.”

He held her, shushed her sobs as they both grappled with her secret. Her body leaned into his, allowing him to take her weight.

“I’m not leaving. Not again.” She wanted to believe him; really, really wanted to believe him. But, if she believed in him, would he disappear like the others. Cut his losses and move on?

“Don’t promise things you have no control over,” she whispered desperately. His face contorted with shock and she knew he was about to tell her about love not being in the heart, but the blood. Everything was blood… love and pain. “If you make me believe that and it doesn’t work out… I don’t know if I could stand you leaving.”

“I’m not leaving you.”

“Love,” she whispered almost reverently.

“I told you I LOVE you.” His voice sounded so angry, his body tight and shaking with unresolved issues.

“No,” she shook her head. “Say, ‘I’m not leaving you, Love.’”

His body suddenly relaxed under hers, a faint smirk dancing on his lips. “I’m not leaving you, Love.”

“I believe in you,” she admitted and curled against him, her soft breath tickling his neck. Minutes ticked by, his voice silent and body unnaturally still. She felt his mouth open and close a few times, but uttered no sound.

“It’s a big step,” he found his voice as his arm moved along her spine.

“The biggest,” she admitted. “Don’t make me regret it.”


Waking with a start as the jeep hit a pothole in the road, Buffy looked around. Spike glanced over at her with a questioning gaze.

“Weird dream,” she commented and settled back into the seat. Her mind started to wander back to her dream and where it could have led.

His breath felt cool against her heated skin, his lips plump with desire as he made his way down her throat. She felt his fingers caress the side of her swollen breast as her hands held his head close to her heart. His nose buried against her breast bone as he inhaled her scent, his lips once more kissing and licking their way down her naked torso.

“I want you,” her hoarse voice cried out. Feeling him smirk, she shuddered as his lips caught a nipple and began to suckle. “Oh, God!”

With a pop, he released her nipple and made eye contact with her. “It’s only you and me, Buffy.”

“Jesus,” she moaned as he took possession of her nipple again, this time using his teeth to worry it and drive her insane. Him using her name always got her hot, no pet names, no titles, she was just Buffy in his arms.

Spike shook his head and moved to the other nipple, his hand cupping the recently abandoned breast. She moaned and arched her back as his teeth nipped at her, creating a maelstrom of sensations in her body. With one last lick, his face magically appeared above her. She felt his hand running along her thigh, encouraging her to wrap it around his lean hip.

His soft, raspy voice echoed in her head as he manipulated her body, “You like what I do to you, how I make you hot. Only I know how to work your body into this heat. You respond to me, only me, don’t you. I make you wet.”

Panting, she watched as he repositioned himself on his knees, his erection bobbing as it sought her heated depths. He held her leg against his waist and pushed the other towards her torso.

“You like to watch as I examine your pussy, rubbing and exposing it for my pleasure.” She felt her body respond to his words and actions, a rush of arousal spinning through her veins. His fingers played along her opening, gentle and enticing. “Look how wet you are for me, Love.” He raised his fingers for her to see them slick with her arousal.

Panting, her legs instinctively flexed and widened as he continued his examination. Again, she felt his fingers against her sex, testing and probing. “I need you,” she whimpered.

Two fingers dipped inside her, scissoring against her walls; the sensation causing her to close her eyes. “No, look at me,” his voice commanded her attention. He withdrew his fingers, resting them against her thigh until she opened her eyes. “No more hiding.”

With her nod, he dipped his fingers inside her once again, this time quickly moving them in and out, watching her reaction. “Please.”

“Spread yourself.”

With concentration, she widened her legs and lifted her bottom off the ground, presenting herself to him.

“With your hands, Love.” He patiently corrected her. “Spread your lips and display yourself.”

Slowly, her hands made their way down her breasts and torso as if afraid to touch herself. He watched as her fingers gently pulled her skin to reveal her clit and opening. She throbbed with arousal and he licked his lips.

“I’m going to lick you, Buffy,” his voice floated down to her, covering her in silk and satin. “I’m going to stick my tongue inside your pussy and I’m going to suck every drop of that sweet honey you’re producing.” Her pants and moans encouraged him to continue. “Then I’m going to take that bud into my mouth and nibble until you explode.” His fingers delved inside her opening, gathering her juices. “You like that, don’t you? You know what I’m going to do after that, don’t you?”

Nodding, she whispered, “Fuck me.”

He slid his fingers down the crease of her buttocks, moving his wet fingers slowly towards her puckered hole. “That’s right. I’m going to fuck you. You like that don’t you? Want to know how I’m going to fuck you?” At her nod, he continued. “First, I’m going to stick my cock inside your warm pussy, going to fuck you so good there. But that’s not what gets you hottest, is it?”

She shook her head, raising it so she could watch his finger probe against her back entrance. He smirked as she looked so enraptured from watching him.

“My girl likes it dirty, doesn’t she? She likes to tell me what to do,” his voice was barely a whisper. “Tell me.”

“Fuck my ass,” she felt like she was shouting.

“That’s right, Love,” his voice purred. She felt his other hand on his erection, rubbing against her butt cheek. “I’m going to stick my cock deep in that pretty ass of yours. Then I’m going to pound into it so fast and so hard, you won’t know what’s going on.”

“Please,” she begged, her body arched, begging for his attention.

He cocked his head and swallowed, “Tsk tsk, you aren’t the begging type.”

“Please,” she whispered, her body straining for his. “Fuck me.”

Staring down at her eyes, her skin flush with arousal, he nodded and did as she asked.


“We’re here,” Spike’s voice shook her from her erotic thoughts.

“Oh!” Sitting up, she pressed her thighs together in hopes of relieving her arousal.

“Going to stop here and see if I can hustle some information on that shrine Watcher boy told you about.”

Guiltily, she watched Spike as he parked the jeep.

Avoiding her gaze, he hopped out of the truck and walked towards a bar, never revealing his knowledge of her heady arousal.