Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for all your comments and warm wishes.
Chapter 8

“Are you sure we’re going the right way?” Buffy asked for the fifth time.

“Yes.” Spike gritted his teeth and paused outside a building that looked like a typical warehouse. A few trucks and cars sat in the bar next door’s parking lot, disguising their arrival and surveillance.

“Giles told me it would be an outdoor place.”

“Did he?” he stuck a cigarette in his mouth and lit it.

“And, he said it was south near Cameroon,” Buffy pointed out.

“We’re south of Maiduguri,” Spike replied as watched a local shaman approach the building.

“But, not near Cameroon,” she argued.

“The Watcher never been wrong in the past?” he snarked. “Look, this is the place. See, look Mr. Sores and Boils is scurrying around.”

Buffy paused her argument and watched as Glory’s minions scurried from the dark desert towards the building. “Huh.”

Silence descended the jeep as they watched the comings and goings from the building. Buffy sighed and cursed. “You know what? Fuck it. We’re going in there and my track record isn’t that great with the Hell-Bitch, so I’m going to spit it out.”

Confused, Spike looked over towards Buffy.

“We missed you, Spike,” she confessed, then quickly amended, “I missed you. Everything was so messed up, I was so messed up. I felt like I was on this merry-go-round and I couldn’t get off. So confused and fucked in the head. I’m sorry,” she paused from her fast rant. Raising her hand to stop Spike’s words, she continued. “I need to say this and you need to hear it. I royally fucked you up, too. I didn’t care who I brought down with me as long as I wasn’t alone. I’m sorry.”

“Slayer,” Spike interrupted as her voice trailed off. “You didn’t do anything I didn’t allow.”

Shaking her head, she snorted. “I used and abused you until it wasn’t clear which one of us was a monster.”

His eyes glimmered as he swallowed. He reached for her, wrapping his palm around her cheek, his finger wrapped in her hair. “Buffy… you’re not a monster.”

Nuzzling against his hand, she kissed it quickly. “Neither are you. I tried to tell myself that you were like the rest, but you aren’t. You’re… different.”

Suddenly a large truck pulled into the parking lot and they watched Glory exit the passenger seat, dragging a bound and gagged Dawn behind them.

Withdrawing his hand and facing forward, he intoned, “You had to wait until now to tell me all this?”

“Yeah, go for broke, you know?” Buffy gasped as she watched Dawn fall to the ground only to be picked up by one of Glory’s minions. Her hand paused on the door handle, knowing that she only had the element of surprise to take down Glory.
“So,” Spike looked down as the door to the warehouse closed, blocking their sight of Dawn. “What does this mean?”

“At the moment, I’m going to take off my analyzing cap and just go with it. You’re coming back to Sunnydale. I don’t care if you don’t like it. You can leave, you know… after if you want. But, we really miss you and Dawn would totally kick my butt if I didn’t bring you back with us.”

“Ok,” Spike nodded and started to chuckle when Buffy looked shocked.

“You’re not fighting me on this?”

“Should I?” Spike hid his smile by lighting another cigarette.

“Well, I assumed. Got a life in… Morocco or wherever Clem found you.” Buffy averted her eyes as she waited for Spike to reply.

Moving closer to Buffy, he exhaled smoke and ran his hand from her shoulder to her hand, squeezing her fingers. “Can’t say your delivery was the best, but yeah… I miss you, too.”

“Miss me, too or miss us two?” Buffy felt the need to clarify.

“Both.” He continued to puff as she opened her fingers and wound their fingers together. “When we go back, what are we? Patrol buddies? Friends?”

Buffy looked into his eyes, her eyes brimming with tears. “What do you want?”

Smiling, he ducked his head. “You’ve never asked me that before.”

Squeezing his fingers, she silently ordered him to look at her. “Don’t you think it’s time I started?”

“Yeah,” he gulped. “About time.”

~~~

Opening the squeaky side door to the warehouse was easy. Both warriors waited and listened for scurrying feet to come, but the warehouse was silent. They moved down a long hallway with office doors on each side, all empty. At the end of the hallway, the building opened to the main warehouse. To their surprise, another section of the building was walled off, Glory’s minions scampering around a closed door. They saw a Fyarl demon pacing, obviously a body guard Glory now employed.

Spike cursed as they withdrew back into the office hallway. “Guess we won’t get a quiet drop on them.”

“I know I can take the Fyarl, think you can get the puss-miesters?”

“You sure about that, Love? I speak Fyarl. Maybe I can talk sense to the big guy.”

Studying him intently, she jumped when she heard a voice behind her.

“So good of you to join us,” Glory’s number one minion bowed. “Glorificus will be so happy that you could join her for her triumph.”

Turning around, Buffy squared her shoulders, ready to stare down the Fyarl body guard and a half dozen postule covered minions.

Stoically, she said, “It’s time to rumble.”

~*~*~

“Dawn!” Buffy yelled as she stepped into the room, shocked to see her sister tied to an obelisk-like statue. Glory’s minions and body guard were no match to a determined Slayer and her vampire.

“Buffy!” Her sister cried, renewing her effort to free her wrists. She twisted and turned, trying to find slack in the rope. Spike moved into the shadows, creeping towards Dawn.

“Stay there!” Buffy ran around the alter only to run into Glory who was hiding behind a pillar.

The Slayer fell to the ground only to look up at the red headed hell-god dressed in a white mini tunic with gold bangles.

“Well if it isn’t my favorite Slayer.” Glory paused over her, a smug look on her face.

“Glory,” Buffy spat. “Let my sister go.”

“I don’t think so. She’s my ticket home.”

“Didn’t you die?” Buffy asked as she got up and faced Glory.

“Didn’t you?”

“It was temporary,” Buffy puffed.

“You must give my regards to the witches, they made this all possible.”

“Leave them out of this Glory. You aren’t going back.”

Buffy braced her body and threw a punch towards Glory’s midsection. Stepping to the side, Glory pushed Buffy into the alter.

“Hey, blood breath,” Glory called to Spike who made his way to Dawn. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

Spike threw two fingers in the direction of Glory and reached for Dawn’s ropes when a bolt of electricity entered his body from the ropes. Struck with intense pain, Spike fell to the ground.

“Spike,” Dawn cried and shifted towards him only to notice he was unconscious. “Buffy, he’s unconscious.”

“Oh, now you’ve done it.”

“Like he meant anything, he’s a vampire. You’re a Slayer remember?”

“He’s mine!” Buffy screamed as she tackled Glory. Rolling on the floor, the girls traded blows, neither gaining the upper hand. Suddenly, Buffy felt Glory’s heels dig into her stomach and kick her away.

“I wish you would just die, bitch!” Buffy gritted.

Suddenly a puff of blue smoke appeared in front of Buffy. Coughing, she waved her hand to clear the air and noticed Anya dressed as a vengeance demon. “Wish granted,” she intoned.

“Anya?” Buffy stepped back and jumped when she heard Glory’s screeching voice.

“No! You can’t do this to me, I’m a god!”

Buffy’s head swiveled towards Glory as her clothes erupted in flames. Frantically, the hell-god tried to snuff the flames, only to make them grow. “Oh, my God!”

Anya calmly turned towards Glory’s flame ridden body and shrugged her shoulders, “No, not anymore.”

“I’m invincible! Nothing can kill me,” Glory’s voice rose in panic as the flames grew to overtake her whole outfit. “This can’t be. It’s all wrong.”

Awestruck, Buffy watched as her enemy’s body turned quickly to ash and her voice faded into a mere memory. She turned towards Anya and shook her head.

“What?” Anya looked at her nails, avoiding Buffy’s gaze.

“I asked you to help me all the way back in Sunnydale.”

Sighing, Anya shrugged. “Well, you didn’t say ‘I wish’ until now.”

About to retaliate, Buffy paused and stepped back. “So… you think that you could use your nifty demonic powers and poof us back to Sunnydale?”

Looking around, Anya cursed, “All three of you?”

“I am the Slayer. Not saying that your demonic status wouldn’t have an effect on our friendship.”

“Fine, but I better be well compensated for this.”

“Anya,” Buffy chuckled. “I’m glad to see not everything changes.”

“We’d better hurry if we have flammable cargo. I bet you’re anxious to get back to your orgasms.”

“Anya! It’s not like that!” Anya looked disbelieving. “He’s coming to visit and that’s all!”

“Sure Buffy, whatever you say. The sun’s coming up in a few minutes.”

Walking over to an uncovered window, she looked out to the desert. “Let’s go, it’s the dawning of a new day.”