Author's Chapter Notes:
A big thank you to my reviews.

Also, thanks to sixstringbaby and Megan for betaing this chapter for me.


Chapter Twenty-One

Buffy could tell Rachel was nervous as they approached Freestyler. It turned out Rachel had pretty much lost all her friends when she’d taken up with Charlie, the guy that had ‘led her up the garden path’ as she liked to say. Able to appreciate that kind of loneliness, Buffy had asked her to come and meet her new friends. It took a few weeks of convincing, but finally Rachel had agreed.

“These guys don’t actually know about Sunnydale,” Buffy explained as they walked. “I just told them that I was living in a town up north. Except William.” She smiled a little dreamily. “He was my friend before so…he knows everything.”

“Okay,” Rachel said, taking a fortifying breath. “What about me. Do they know about me?”

“Don’t worry,” Buffy assured her. “All they know is that my friend Rachel is coming tonight. They’ll only know what you choose to tell them.”

“Right.” She raked her hands through her long dark hair for the tenth time. “Okay. Let’s do this.”

Entering the club they headed for the bar where they found Zac struggling to balance a load of full glasses in his hands.

“Hey Zac,” Buffy said as they approached.

“Buffaroony,” Zac replied cheerily, giving up on the glasses in favour of giving Buffy a bear hug. “How’s my favourite girl?”

“Great.” She smiled at him happily.

Zac’s eyes flitted to the woman standing at Buffy’s side – and stayed there. “Hello,” he said quietly.

Stepping back a little so she wouldn’t get in the way of Zac’s standard greeting, which she’d so enjoyed herself, Buffy started making the introductions. “Rachel this is Zac. Zac, Rachel.”

“It’s nice to meet you,” Zac said graciously, shaking Rachel’s hand.

Smiling tentatively Rachel replied, “You too.”

Buffy stood there slack-jawed. Where was the kneeling and the declarations of devotion?

“Can I buy you ladies a drink?” Zac asked, his eyes not leaving Rachel for a moment.

Amused by his obvious interest in her friend, Buffy put in a quick order before declaring she would help carry the other drinks over to their table and leaving them to follow when they finally found their way out of each other’s eyes. She giggled as she decided it might take a while.

When she reached the table Buffy deposited the drinks on the wooden surface and slid into a chair beside William.

“Evening kitten,” he purred with a soft kiss. Buffy sighed happily and snuggled into his side.

“Where’s your friend, Buffy?” Kate asked a moment later.

“She’s at the bar talking to Zac.”

Abby rolled her eyes. “Don’t tell me, he’s found the new love of his life again?”

Buffy quirked an eyebrow. “Actually no. When I introduced them he just shook her hand and asked if he could buy us drinks. It was so weird.”

“Wow,” Kate voiced her shock as the three girls eyed the couple just now heading toward them. “Guess he must really like her.”

Zac spoke as soon as they reached the table. “Everyone, this is Rachel.”

The group paused, waiting for the ‘love of my life’ comment but were met with silence. When they all realised he wasn’t going to speak they broke into a verbose babble of greetings.

Hoping to dispel the now awkward moment, Buffy jumped out of her chair. “Come on girls,” she insisted. “Let’s go dance.” Rachel could only grin at Zac as the other three women led her onto the dance floor.

**********

William and Zac sat side by side. They’d long given up the pretence that they weren’t sitting there just to stare as the women did the bump and grind on the dance floor. Kate and Abby had left some time ago so only Buffy and Rachel remained.

It turned out Rachel was a good dancer. She and Buffy moving together was like watching soft lesbian porn. Or at least it was in the minds of the two men.

“That woman has me twisted into a pretzel.”

William glanced sideways at his friend. “And here you’ve only known her five hours.”

“Yeah,” Zac sighed dreamily.

Having never seen him react to any woman like this, William could only chuckle and shake his head.

“You’d better ask her out tonight or I’ll have to relegate you to the dubious status of nancy-boy.”

“Oh I will. Don’t you worry about that,” Zac confirmed eagerly. “I just figure I should wait till a moment when I don’t have a raging hard-on. It helps with the whole construction of sentences thing.”

Laughing heartily, William clapped him on the back good-naturedly. “From the way you’re looking at her mate, you could be waiting a while.”

“Geez man, thanks for the support.” Zac rolled his eyes. “You know you shouldn’t pick on the pathetic. It’s not like you’ll be going home alone tonight.”

“Damn right,” William nodded smugly. “I already got my girl.”

“And a damn fine girl she is,” Zac declared and they clinked beer bottles in agreement.

“Speaking of which,” William continued. “We should probably get going. If I have to watch Buffy wiggle like that much longer I may just combust.”

“Sure man. Hey, I’ll give Rachel a lift home if she’d like.”

William grinned broadly as he rose from the table. “I’ll let her know. I have a sneaking suspicion she’d like.” With that he edged his way over to the two women.

**********

“Dancing like that should be illegal,” William growled as he stripped Buffy’s clothes from her body. He bent his head to bite her shoulder as he bared it to his hungry gaze and she gasped in pleasure.

“But then how would I drive you crazy?” she asked innocently.

Chuckling, he pushed her naked body down onto the couch. “Kitten, all you have to do to drive me crazy is walk into the room.” As he spoke he dropped kisses onto her legs, starting from the ankles and working his way up.

She reached her arms over her head, her back arching as she quivered in anticipation of his next touch. “How very virile of you,” she muttered, her mouth quirking upward.

Pausing at the apex of her thighs, he bent his head so she could feel his breath against this most sensitive part of her body as he said, “I guess it must be the Spike in me.” Then he licked her with one long, firm stroke, loving the way she cried out.

“Really,” she gasped between sighs and groans, twisting under the ministrations of his mouth and hands. “Well then, if you let out the Spike in you, I’ll let out the Slayer in me.”

When she saw a flare of excitement in his eyes, she used all her strength to push him upward and rolled them until they landed on the floor with a heavy thump.

“Bloody hell,” William exclaimed in surprise.

Straddling his hips, Buffy ripped his shirt open, heedless of the buttons that flew every which way. Drawing her fingernails down his chest she asked with wide-eyed wonder, “What’s the matter baby? Don’t you like it rough?”

Laughing heartily at her antics, William sat up beneath her, grabbing her wrists and pinning them behind her back. “Oh, I’ll show you rough, pet.”

Their mouths clashed in passionate abandon, each demanding submission from the other, and each just as determined as the other not to give in.

Working her hands between their bodies, Buffy set about undoing his belt. The fact that she was the only one naked was a distinct disadvantage and she had every intention of rectifying the situation as soon as possible. She was grateful when he lifted his hips so she could work his jeans off, and then she quickly moved back up his body, sliding her bare skin against his at every opportunity.

Before she could settle herself atop him again, William rolled them over and lifted himself from her body. She hadn’t even had a chance to frown in question when he swept an arm across the coffee table, sending everything on top of it clattering to the floor. Then he lifted her up in his arms and deposited her abruptly on the table’s wooden surface. Kneeling in front of her, he hooked her legs over his shoulders and leaned forward to kiss her.

Crying out, Buffy bucked her hips violently against his mouth. “Oh God,” she whispered as he began to lick, nibble and suck on her wet flesh until she thought she’d die from the pleasure. Every few seconds he would flick the tip of his tongue against her clitoris, sending her into sweet spasms of ecstasy that reached higher and higher with every contact. As her first orgasm began to take her over, she reached down to tangle her fingers in his hair, holding him against her as she rode the waves of her own completion.

Just as the feelings began to ebb, she felt William entering her with slow, rhythmic thrusts and she moaning in satisfaction. Wrapping her legs around his back, she used her own hands to stroke her body. Circling her hard nipples with her fingertips, she smiled as she heard William’s strangled groan.

Lifting himself carefully off his knees, William moved her back across the coffee table so he could lower himself onto her body without sliding out of her warmth. As he pressed kisses along her collarbone, his thrusts became more forceful and Buffy could feel another orgasm building low in her belly. Moving with the force of his pounding hips, she could feel her head edging off the back of the table and, loving the way her back arched up into him, she allowed her head to drop backwards. Her golden hair spilled down to brush against the carpet and soft sighs escaped her as she felt herself falling into an abyss of pleasure. Relaxing her body, she allowed the feelings to ripple through her, peaking as she felt William coming inside her; her name was a hoarse cry on his lips as he shuddered with his own release.

When they had both grown still, their harsh breathing the only sound in the room, William stood and lifted her gently from the coffee table. They kissed languidly as he carried her into the bedroom and there they curled up in each other’s arms. Their happiness complete as they drifted off to sleep.