Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks a bunch for the reviews and the interest in this story. ^_^
Chapter 3


“But…but Spike? And Drusilla?” Willow looked at her like she had grown a third eye in the middle of her forehead. “Buffy, Drusilla killed Kendra!”

Buffy sighed and rubbed at her temples. She looked around at her friends, who were gathered around in Willow’s room at the hospital. “I know, Willow…believe me when I say that I don’t like this any more than the rest of you; but we don’t have a choice.”

“Sure we do”, Xander stepped in. “We shove something wooden and pointy into Morticia and Dead Boy JR’s hearts and call it even.”

“If we do that than all their power is sent to Angel. Look, I don’t know what to do with them, all I know is we can’t kill them. If we do, Angel becomes as powerful, if not more powerful than the Master. He’s also got a serious ally on his side, which means we’re going to need some on ours.”

“How do you know Spike didn’t make this demon guy up?” Xander insisted.

“Well I doubt the two carved up their own chests like Christmas turkeys!”

“And it would kinda explain why the spell didn’t work.” Willow put in. “If Spike said this demon guy was protecting Angel from the curse…”

Buffy frowned. “What spell?”

Willow’s eyes widened. “Didn’t Xander tell you?”

Xander was suddenly looking wide-eyed and cornered.

“I sent him after you to let you know…” Willow went on. “I tried the curse again.” Buffy finally noticed how much paler Willow looked. Oz was constantly at her side, one hand always holding hers, though he stayed mostly silent. “But for some reason it didn’t work…not only did it not work, it kinda sent a shock wave right back at me. It was like there was something blocking me.”

The Slayer took a moment to process all of this. Her gaze suddenly turned to her trapped looking friend. Xander tried to avoid her gaze at first, then reluctantly raised his eyes to her. It sent a chill down his spine to see not anger, but cold contempt in her expression.

“’Kick his ass’, hah?” Her hard voice was a sign of her rage.

“Buffy…” Xander tried to explain himself.

“How’s Giles?” Buffy turned to Cordelia, who was standing by the door.

“Cut up and nasty looking.” She said bluntly. “They’re patching him together right now. At least he’s awake, cause he was bitching the whole time.”

“He’s not going to take this well, either.” Buffy sighed. “Look, guys, I don’t trust Spike either. But one thing I do trust is his instinct for self-preservation. The guy’s like a cockroach.” Buffy pouted for a moment. “Only worse. Him you can’t even kill by squishing.”

“What did you do with the two vampires?” Oz finally asked.

Buffy looked a bit sheepish for a moment. “I kinda…left them at the school and told them if they killed anyone I’d stake them, power transfer be damned.”

Willow’s eyes grew larger. “The school?”

“What?” Buffy looked down as if her shoes were suddenly very interesting. “I had no where else to put them…”

………………………………………………………………………………………….

“You made a deal with the Slayer.” Drusilla had a narrow-eyed look of contempt that she hadn’t had on her face since Dalton lost her box of Judge parts and she had threatened to poke out his eyes.

Spike put on his sweetest voice, grateful that he had years of experience with Drusilla to help get him back into her good graces. “I know you’re upset, sweetheart. But it was all for you. I knew Angel was up to something.”

“I miss Daddy…”

“Your ‘Daddy’ tried to kill you!”

For the first time since she woke up, Drusilla had a hint of a familiar pout on her face instead of just anger.

Sighing softly, Spike pulled Drusilla into his arms. She looked like she was going to struggle for a moment, but eventually she relaxed after a few moments of his cool fingers stroking her cheek lovingly. “I’m sorry, Dru…” He spoke softly. “But do you have any idea how angry I was? When I saw what he was going to do to you…” He nuzzled into her hair, breathing in her scent, which always seemed to include the flowers she loved. “You know I couldn’t live without my Princess.”

Deciding that distraction was a best way to keep her from her anger, Spike put on a wide grin and pressed himself closer to Drusilla. He whispered in Drusilla’s ear in a singsong voice. “I heard somebody killed a Slayer…”

Drusilla suddenly had a mischievous glint in her eyes. Spike pulled back just enough to see it and his grin grew.

“And you didn’t even tell me.” He put on a slightly disapproving voice before taking both of Drusilla’s hands and raising them to his lips, kissing the backs of each before giving small kisses to each knuckle. “Have I told you lately how amazing you are?” If Drusilla could blush she obviously would be, there was no mistaking the pleased look on her face from Spike’s compliments.

He kissed slowly up one arm, making sure to pay special attention to her moods. If she were still angry with him he wouldn’t get close enough to REALLY distract her. “You never stop surprising me. You’re my incredible…” He kissed her wrist. “Beautiful…” He kissed right inside her elbow. “Black Goddess” He kissed right up near her shoulder, then waited for her to either grant him permission or push him away.

Drusilla placed a hand on the back of his neck; her small mewls of pleasure all the encouragement he needed. Spike kissed her shoulder, then moved to her neck. He scraped blunt human teeth across her flesh and drew out a gasp from her. He traced his fingers through her long dark tresses and nipped at her earlobe. “Do you remember how we celebrated my first Slayer?”

A suspicious light came to her eyes, as if she were just reminded of their current situation.

Spike sighed, then pulled back a bit from her, massaging her shoulders while looking into her wide, haunting eyes. “Listen, pet…” He nipped at her earlobe again. “When this is all over, and the Slayer has helped us take care of Angel and his new pet demon…what do you think we’re going to do with her? Shake hands and say ‘well, that’ll be that?’” He smirked, then whispered enticingly into her ear. “You and I are gonna have a hell of a time killing her…we’ll spill her blood together, drink it up like ambrosia before we make snacks of all her little friends, one by one.”

A delightful shiver went through Drusilla’s body, and she cooed out loud. Her hand moved over his hair, stroking him like a favored pet. “Then we’ll have that party.” she finished for him. “With songs, streamers and so much blood. All the little children will bleed for us while we take our pleasure under the stars, and make everything here ours.”

“Yeah…” His grin was downright wicked. He growled into her ear. “You see?” He gave a slight pout of his own. “And you doubted me. I’m hurt, Dru.”

She purred right back into his ear and traced the tips of her nails carefully across a sharp cheekbone. “Never, my Spike.”

They both turned their heads at the same moment and their lips met in a passionate kiss. They clutched one another with longing. Soft lips and cool tongues did a familiar dance. Drusilla’s bare breasts pressed against Spike’s T-shirt. He brought a hand between them to cup one breast and gently pinch a nipple. His kisses became almost brutal before he moved his mouth from her lips, along her jaw and down onto her neck. His face changed and his fangs lengthened. He pierced the skin of her neck so she gasped out loud, the pain sending her into instant arousal, and the scent of it nearly drove Spike wild.

He wrapped both arms around her and lifted her up. He pulled her dress up and Drusilla wrapped her legs around Spike’s hips. Spike looked around them. There weren’t many private places to take their romp in a school library. He saw the office that belonged to the Librarian and carried Drusilla inside, kicking the door closed behind them. He had every intention to fuck the memory of Angel right out of her.