CHAPTER 11 -- Catch My Fall

Author’s Note: I have no freaking clue how far L.A. is from any mountains (I live on the other side of the country), so let’s pretend it’s generally as far as I say it is. Thanks.

Faith looked at Buffy, impressed, “I’m surprised you went so far on the first date, B. We were watching from the back room -- pretty hot stuff. And you,” she addressed Spike, “I’m glad to finally put a sexy bod to a sexy face.” She raked her eyes over Spike.

Buffy’s eyes jumped from Faith to Spike, “You two know each other?”

Spike didn’t take his careful gaze off the brunette, “She’s been feeding me information for a while. She’s the one who told me you were here.”

Faith patted Spike on the cheek, “I really didn’t want to screw you over, baby. But you got involved with the wrong girl,” she motioned to Buffy and began pacing the room. “I thought luck had finally gone my way, ya know? Soldier-boy here walks into Angel’s office, looking to kill a certain blonde girl who screwed him and took some info on his boss. I find out he’s lookin’ to take out one of our own, and I start thinking. I was gettin’ cash from Sexy here for doing a little work for him on the side, and I figured he’d be willing to take out my arch nemesis for all that cash Finn was dishing out. So we work a little something out with Angel -- hire B to kill Spike and vice versa. You two kill each other and nothing gets traced back to us. Everything would work out for the best -- both of you would be dead and I’d finally get the work and attention I deserved, Riley gets his revenge, and Angel’s competition gets her favorite assassin taken out.”

Finn stepped up, “See, I was bitter, and Faith here was looking for quick results. We figured the best way was to work as a team along with the most successful businessman in the city. But, then Angel got pissed when Buffy couldn’t get the job done and impatient when Spike wouldn’t fire the first shot.”

“The two of you are so stubborn! Made for each other, really. You wouldn’t kill each other! That forced us to get directly involved.” She waved her gun around.

“I wouldn’t fire the first shot, huh?” Spike asked calmly. “Well, is this ‘first’ enough, for ya?” Spike yanked out a gun from behind his back and two single shots rang out in the air, each hitting its target square in the chest. Faith, who was raising her gun, was flung away and to the ground. If either body showed signs of life still in it, Spike and Buffy didn’t stay in the room long enough to find out. Spike grabbed her hand and they fled the room, pounding furiously down the stairs. Xander and Willow met them at the bottom of the staircase, startled by the gunshots and running.

“Let’s go, NOW,” Spike pulled Buffy out the door and towards the car. The redhead and brunette behind them smartly followed without asking questions.

Spike yanked open the driver’s door, letting everyone else slide in, his eyes and gun on the door to the house, ready to shoot at any sign of movement.

It wasn’t until Spike had already sped down the road, the house out of sight, that Xander felt it safe to question, “Spike, where are we going?”

“To the cabin,” Spike answered tensely, his eyes never leaving the road. The cabin was a place in the mountains that Spike, Xander, and Cordelia owned together. It was a sort of a vacation spot they each visited by themselves throughout the year to get away from their business in the city. It stood alone, hidden to anyone who didn’t know it was there. There were acres and acres surrounding the place, acting as a barrier from civilization.

The four made the two hour drive in absolute silence, the only major movement had been Spike maneuvering his tuxedo jacket off himself and wrapping it around Buffy when the temperature dropped.

An hour after getting to the cabin, Spike, Xander, and Willow were on the couches surrounding the fire place. When they had arrived, Buffy had gone silently into an empty bedroom and shut the door. The remaining three sat trying to process everything that had happened that night and consider their options for tomorrow.

Spike was the first to call anyone to action. He addressed his partner in a subdued but firm tone, “Harris, call Anya. Transfer my money into Cordy’s account until it reaches a million. Call her and tell her it’s over.”

“You’re buying her out?” Xander spoke calmly.

Spike shook his head, “Don’t want her involved.”

“What should I tell Cordy?” Xander asked, motioning to the room that held their ex-target.

“Tell her whatever you want. I don’t care.” Spike left Xander and Willow in the living room and quietly turned the doorknob and entered the bedroom.

Buffy sat curled up at the window seat, staring out the window. She hugged a thick maroon blanket to her small form, a frame made even smaller by the large blanket and the black t-shirt of Spike’s that was too big on her. When he first entered the room, she looked back startled, but soon turned back to the nothingness out the glass pane.

Spike didn’t say anything, and quietly padded barefoot towards her. He sat down on the window couch and stared out into the trees with her. He tried to locate what she found so interesting, but the view before them was nothing but thick woods. He lifted his hand and traced her delicate features with his fingertips, her face scrubbed clean from any indication that she was all dolled up earlier in the night. She showed no reaction to his touch.

He cupped her cheek, caressing his thumb over her smooth skin, unmarred by the type of life she led. He felt her slightly lean into his touch, allowing him to comfort her. She nuzzled his hand and he felt wet tears hit his fingers. She turned to him.

“I don’t want to be an assassin anymore,” she whispered. The pleading look in her eyes had Spike wanting to take his gun and systematically slaughter anyone who had put his angel into this life. If only it was so easy. The inner-workings of this business were too complex with too many people with too many guns for it to be simple.

“You don’t have to be, luv,” he answered her quietly.

Her eyes, which shown more anguish and heartbreak than a young girl’s should, pained a little more at his simple explanation. He was so good to her. If only they had met under different circumstances, maybe . . . . She shook her head, tearing up more, “We’re supposed to destroy each other.”

Spike smiled softly, “And we fell in love, so what?”

Buffy’s eyes hardened a little at his mention of love, her old defensive walls trying to reconstruct themselves around her, “Who said I loved you?”

Spike was unfazed, “Who said you didn’t?” he challenged.

Buffy’s eyes softened again, not trying to deny his claim, “When Angel wants someone dead, he gets it done. I’m scared.”

He leaned his forehead against hers. “We’ll keep you safe. We’ll hid out here for a few days and then . . .”

Her thoughts returned to Angel, “No,” she cried, pushing away from him, her voice raising unevenly, “You don’t understand, he won’t stop.”

“Shhhhhhh,” he pulled her back to him, “We’ll stop him. We will. I promise you, we’ll get you out of this.”

Buffy thoughts wandered to the people in the other room, “I don’t think your partner shares your sediments.”

Spike shook his head, “I gave him his ultimatum already. He can leave whenever he likes.”

“And if he does?” she looked fearful.

“Doesn’t matter. I stay,” he answered. He smiled, “I just found you, sweetheart. I’m not ready to give you up just yet.”

That got a slight smile out of her. He kissed her, his lips chaste and light. His fingers lightly outlined her body, his touch pleading with her to forget, just for a little while, and allow him to ease her. She surrendered, placing her hand on his jaw, holding him to her. He encouraged her to let go further, swiping his tongue against her lips. She opened her mouth to him. This she knew. They had kissed before and she took comfort in the familiar tongue play.

She shed her blanket, wrapping her arms around his neck. He shifted and she came with him, straddling his hips. She didn’t rub against him and he didn’t raise his hips. They sat on the window seat, the world framed behind them, quietly and comfortably probing each other mouths.

He leaned her back, her head hitting a decorative pillow, her legs intertwined around his. She ran her feet up and down his calves. He pulled back, studying her hair laid in a hallow around her. He ran his finger through her mane, letting them run all the way through and twirling at the ends. “God you’re a knockout,” he breathed. She gave him a watery smile. He rained kisses all over her face, drying her tears.

He extracted himself and snaked an arm under her legs and lifted her up. She wrapped her arms around his neck, letting him carry her like a princess and lay her gently down on the bed. He climbed onto the bed after her, capturing her swollen lips. She rolled them over so she was hovering above him. She smiled at the love and lust clouding over his eyes. She crossed her arms and peeled away his t-shirt from her body. She sat above him in nothing but white cotton panties.

He lifted up on his forearms and she met him halfway for another heated kiss. She took advantage of their position to reach between them to undo the button of his black dress pants. Sitting up she slowly pulled down the zipper. He gamely lifted off the bed, allowing her to pull them down his legs. His cock sprang up, straining towards her. She gave the underside one long lick on the way back up his body. His eyes closed in an effort to control himself. She ran her hands through his hair, disheveling it to her liking, and unbuttoned his shirt, sliding it down his arms and off.

He rolled them over again, nothing between them but her panties. He kissed and licked his way down her body. She arched into every touch of his lips. His tongue probed her through the thin cotton material. He brought the fabric off her body, tossing them on the floor.

Buffy brought his mouth back to hers and flipped them one last time. Spike sat up on the bed, Buffy straddled him. She wrapped her fist around his cock, her thumb and forefinger forming a ring, pumping him a few times before sinking down on him. They both moaned as he stretched her vaginal walls, her muscles clamping down on him. She began rising and falling on his dick. Her hands holding onto each side of his face, grounding herself. He looked at her in pure awe. This amazing woman undulating above him. His hands wandered, up and down her arms before snaking under her arms, massaging her breasts. She leaned so their foreheads touched, looking into each other’s eyes. A delicious roll of pleasure waved through her and she arched back, her hair cascading down her back, neck extended in carnal bliss. He put his hands on her hips, leaning her back further and took her breast in his mouth, sucking strongly. She moaned and rocked on him faster. He felt his balls tightening and brought his hand down to Buffy’s clit. He rubbed in a circular rhythm. Her muscles fluttered around him. He pumped up into her a few more times before he came, his face buried in her neck.

Buffy sighed in boneless relaxation as her head slowly floated back to earth. But when she comes down from this high she would still be there, her life still in immediate danger. But for this moment, just for tonight, she can pretend that it’s just the two of them and that she is safe.

TBC
One more chapter and it’s done!

P.S. (An Author’s Plea) -- Does anyone have a copy of Ghost of the Robot’s new single CD? I have Mad Brilliant and I was going to order their newer CD with a couple of new songs on it, but since they broke up, they no longer sell it on the GotR site. I was hoping to get in contact with someone who’d be able to burn me a copy -- I’d be willing to pay for it. Or if you know where I could find one. Thanks. (My e-mail -- bondgirl0018@cs.com)