[Reviews - 85] LikedPrinter
Summary: A sequel to Borrowed Time. In this version of events Joyce survived, Buffy and Spike had a substantially healthier relationship and his motivation for getting the soul was different, and Tara was not anywhere near the house when shots were fired. Also the Bringers started their potential hunting early and the activation spell was cast over the summer to protect the girls who don’t show up on Council radar. So what happens when the lost potentials start popping up, and what is The First up to? In this installment we meet a new slayer, Spike observes how much changed in his absence, and Buffy dreams. R for now. Eventually NC-17.
Rated: 18
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes
Word count: 42744 Read: 28763
Published: 10/26/2006 Updated: 12/29/2006

1. Chapter One: Welcome Back to the Hellmouth by MsClawdia [Reviews - 9] Liked (2155 words)
Author’s Note: Thanks to Kar for agreeing to take another ride with me. Thank you to all of you who encouraged me to write this sequel. Please review. I need feedback on this one.

2. Chapter Two: Reacquainted by MsClawdia [Reviews - 4] Liked (2418 words)
Author’s Note: As always, thanks to Kar for the beta job and to my readers for reviews and encouragement. We are now past the events of the Borrowed Time epilogue and the plot is moving forward. Feedback is cherished.

3. Chapter Three: Wake Up Calls by MsClawdia [Reviews - 5] Liked (2519 words)
Author’s Note: Thanks again to Kar and my readers. This one is not coming along as easily as Borrowed Time, but I have a draft of the next chapter going. Feedback feeds the muse, so please keep it coming.

4. Chapter Four: Change of Scenery by MsClawdia [Reviews - 5] Liked (1681 words)
Author’s Note: Thanks as always to Kar and my readers. This is a short one, as the next will be as well. I’m setting the stage for the action to come. Please feed the muse!

5. Chapter Five: Lessons by MsClawdia [Reviews - 7] Liked (2756 words)
Author’s Note: Thanks to the fabulous Kar and to all my readers and reviewers. Special thanks to blondiebear for bringing my attention to the lack of Buffy-Giles interaction. I really do appreciate the feedback, folks, even if it’s just a short note.

6. Chapter Five Addendum by MsClawdia [Reviews - 4] Liked (1378 words)
Author’s Note: This is me fulfilling a reader request (for the appropriately named DreamsofSpike) and working through some writer’s block. Feedback is wonderful, and I promise I’m working on chapter six too.

7. Chapter Six: Conversations With Dead People by MsClawdia [Reviews - 5] Liked (2805 words)
Author’s Note: Thanks as always to Kar for the beta job and to my wonderful readers and reviewers. Feedback feeds the muse. Posting may slow down a little. I’m starting to get into the meat of the story, so I have to take care that the plan for chapter eight works with what actually get written for seven, if that makes sense.

8. Chapter Seven: Nesting by MsClawdia [Reviews - 5] Liked (3971 words)
Author’s Note: Thanks to Kar for the beta job on this larger-than-usual chapter. Thanks to zanthinegirl for giving it an extra run through. And as always, thanks to my readers and reviewers for support and encouragement. Also: this chapter contains some themes and viewpoints with which I know some of my readers will disagree. I’ve touched on some of these topics before in my fic, and I hope this will answer the questions some folks have been asking me without detracting from the story. Feedback is always appreciated, and now, on the with the show…

9. Chapter Eight: Clues by MsClawdia [Reviews - 4] Liked (2666 words)
Author’s Notes: Thanks to Kar and my readers, and to zanthinegirl and Victoria for an early run-through. Now that I am back from Thanksgiving vacation, I hope to get back to a more regular posting schedule. A draft for the next part is in the works!

10. Chapter Nine: First Wave by MsClawdia [Reviews - 1] Liked (2847 words)
Author’s Note: Thanks to Kar and my readers. I am back from my various travels and hopefully will start posting much more frequently. I don’t know if I can get this done before Christmas, but that would be fabulous! Please keep reading and reviewing.

11. Chapter Ten: Protection by MsClawdia [Reviews - 5] Liked (2108 words)
Author’s Note: Thanks to Kar for doing twice the beta in one day. Thanks to all of you for giving me the feedback to keep this going. This one is just a shortie to set up for next chapter.

12. Chapter Eleven: Darkness by MsClawdia [Reviews - 6] Liked (1817 words)
Author’s Note: Thanks to Kar for the rapid turn around on this deluge of chapters. Thanks to my readers and reviewers. I hope folks will like my twist on canon in this chapter.

13. Chapter Twelve: Enough by MsClawdia [Reviews - 3] Liked (2272 words)
Author’s Note: Thanks as always to Kar for the quick turn around. Thank you to my readers and reviewers. I have half of the next chapter written, so hopefully I’ll be posting again soon. Feedback is treasured.

14. Chapter Thirteen: Clues and Other Frustrations by MsClawdia [Reviews - 4] Liked (2550 words)
Author’s Note: Thanks again to Kar for the fast turnaround. Thanks to all my readers and reviewers for the encouragement. Fourteen is already drafted, so please stay tuned. Feedback is wonderful stuff.

15. Chapter Fourteen: Two Slayers, No Waiting by MsClawdia [Reviews - 4] Liked (1859 words)
Author’s Note: Thanks to Kar for the fantastic beta job and to my wonderful readers and reviewers. Fifteen is almost drafted, so look for an update soon.

16. Chapter Fifteen: Visits From Old Friends by MsClawdia [Reviews - 3] Liked (3214 words)
Author’s Notes: Thanks to Kar for an amazingly quick turnaround despite the busy holiday season, and for the many great suggestions on polishing this up. Thanks to my readers and reviewers. Happy Holidays everyone. Note about the timeline: Most of the recent events are crammed together in the January time-frame. There hasn’t been the long build-up like there was in S7, and I’m not sure that’s clear. Please review, it’s the perfect gift!

17. Chapter Sixteen: The Eve of Battle by MsClawdia [Reviews - 2] Liked (1423 words)
Author’s Note: Hope everyone who celebrates had a great holiday. Major thanks to my fabulous beta Kar for returning this on her first day back from vacation. Thanks of course to my readers and reviewers; you make this all worth while. I hope to have the next chapter up this weekend, and that will bring Getting All Chosen to an end.

18. Chapter Seventeen: The Chosen by MsClawdia [Reviews - 9] Liked (2305 words)
Author’s Note: Thank you to my wonderful beta Kar and my readers and reviewers for suggesting a sequel and sticking with me through it. I’ve enjoyed writing this, but I’m also looking forward to a little break from the big WIPs. Something smaller for my next foray, I think.