“Can I go in and see her first.” Spike asked.
“Of course son. We have to go talk to the social services officer and the police anyway…See what we can do for Buffy.” Jenny nodded towards the man standing close by in a black suit and two police officers not far behind.
Spike walked off and into Buffy’s room quietly.

She looked so small in the bed. Fragile.

“Buffy? Are you awake?” Spike asked timidly.
Buffy turned her head and looked up at him.
“Hey.” She smiled at him.
“How are you?” Spike asked stupidly not sure what else to say.

“I'm good…thank you Spike….I don’t think I ever would have left.” Buffy smiled at him gratefully holding his hand gently.
“Who did it pet? Was it your dad?” Spike asked squeezing her hand.
“He beat me…with a belt. The rest was…Mr Harris.” Buffy almost gagged at the thought of Mr Harris.
“I'm sorry pet. I wish I had been there.” Spike sighed regretfully placing a kiss on her forehead.
Spike spent the next few minutes glancing around the room unable to speak the words he was dying to ask her the entire time she just looked at him expectantly.

“Did the doctors mention…the um…the baby.” Spike choked out the word looking at Buffy.
“Yeah, I'm pregnant.” Buffy sighed looking up at the ceiling.
“Is it...whose is it?” Spike asked timidly afraid of the answer.
Buffy looked at him and saw the worry and hopefulness in his eyes.
“Im sorry Spike…its yours.” Buffy revealed seeing the panic and disappointment practically shining out of his eyes.

“Are you sure? Not that im… are you sure its mine?” Spike asked panicked. He was just terrified at the prospect of getting Buffy pregnant. He felt like slapping himself when he saw the tears begin to glide down her cheeks as she looked at him obviously trying to apologise for something that wasn’t her fault.
“You, Xander, Devon and Mr Harris…you’re the only one who didn’t wear a condom Spike.” Buffy sighed.
Spike gulped trying to come to terms with this.
“Are you going to keep it?” Spike asked quietly.

“Yes. I know I can barely look after myself never mind a child but I cant kill my baby Spike im sorry…I wont tell anyone its yours…if you don’t want me too.” Buffy tried not to let her voice waver at the fact that Spike would let her lie about the father of her baby just to keep the fact that he had slept with her a secret.


Before Spike could answer Jenny and Giles stepped into the room smiling at the girl on the bed.
“Hello Buffy.” Jenny greeted walking over and holding Buffy’s hand.
“I'm so glad your okay sweetheart you had us scared.” She smiled down at the teenager affectionately even though she barely knew her. They were friends she knew that Buffy trusted her and that was enough for now. Buffy had always seemed like a nice girl to Jenny she just needed a good environment.
“Thank you for bringing me here.” Buffy smiled up at both her and Giles.

Buffy saw a man in a suit and a police officer standing by the window to her room talking to each other while casting looks at the inside of the room.
“Do I have to talk to them?” Buffy asked nervously.
“Yes dear the police need to ask you a few questions and the social service need you to sign a few papers…me and Giles already have.” Jenny nodded at Buffy trying to make her feel more comfortable.
“Where am I going to stay?” Buffy asked not really looking forward to spending her time in a home.
“Well actually with us.” Jenny smiled at her.

“What!?” Buffy gasped looking at both Jenny and Giles and then at Spike’s shocked expression. Clearly he was as surprised by this news as she was.
“How!?” Buffy asked her voice filled with hope.

Please let me stay with them I don’t want to go to a foster home or anything.

“Well since your 18 in a couple of months there’s no point putting you in a home so the services are going to do a family check to make sure that there’s no relatives for you to be taken too but if there are none me and Giles will be your legal guardians we will for the next week or so anyways while they do the search.” Jenny smiled down at the girl all her motherly feeling seeming to branch out to this terribly wounded girl.
“Wow you guys are saints taking in a known delinquent who’s pregnant.” Buffy half laughed half cried at the same time.

“Buffy what are your plans…with the baby?” Jenny asked solemnly. As much as she knew Buffy probably would have a very hard time taking care of a baby in her situation Jenny had never believed in abortion and would be happy to help the girl as much as she could if she was going to keep the baby.
“I'm keeping it…I can’t get rid of it its mine.” Buffy sighed.

Their probably going to throw me out now.

“Okay dear we’ll help however way we can.” Giles nodded at her smiling gently.
“Buffy if you don’t mind me asking…who’s… who’s the father?” Jenny asked trying to not make the girl feel like she was on trial.
Buffy looked at the two adults and then at Spike. He gave her a wide eyed look before shaking his head. Buffy felt a tug at her chest and felt as if she was going to be sick. Spike really didn’t want anyone to know about them.

“I don’t know.” Buffy sighed closing her eyes not wanting to see the disgusted looks she knew would be in the couple’s eyes. Jenny looked at her husband imploringly not knowing what to do to make this girl feel better so she did the only thing she could think of and embraced her in a tight motherly hug.






“This is your room Buffy.” Giles carried her bags in for her and held his hands out to indicate the room.
Buffy glanced around taking in the lush crème carpet and the white walls. A huge double bed lay in the middle of the room with thick fluffy pillows and a thick looking quilt. A pine wardrobe stood next to the door and a vanity table sat on the opposite wall. There was also a bedside table with a lamp on it and a mirror hanging from the wall close to a chest of drawers.

“Wow. It’s amazing. I can’t thank you enough.” Buffy smiled giving Giles a hug. It had been a week since the Giles’s had told her she was moving in and Buffy had lost count of the times she had hugged them. Giles smiled into the hair of the girl in his arms.
“Im going to go downstairs to help make dinner you can make yourself comfortable okay?” Giles smiled at her before making his way downstairs.

Buffy jumped on her bed and sprawled out drowning in the comfort of the duvet. She closed her eyes and felt truly happy for once in her life. For once things where looking up she no longer had to worry about coming home to beatings. She could do her homework. And she was living in Spike Giles house. The moment Buffy had really finally felt free was when Jenny entered her hospital room clutching a paper headlined “Drug den raid.” That stated Hank Summers and Doug Harris had been arrested after police stormed Mr Summers apartment. Hank had been charged with Drug possession, neglect, and 4 cases of assault while Doug had been charged with possession of drugs with intent to sell, 2 cases of assault, 1 sexual assault and rape.

Buffy had felt a huge weight soar off her chest when she saw the paper and hadn’t felt happier since. The only thing bringing her down was Spike. He had come to visit her a few times but only when there was a parent present and he hadn’t mentioned anything to her about the baby.

“Hey.”

Buffy jumped up staring at the open doorway shocked to see Spike standing there nervously.
“Can I come in?” Spike asked.
“It’s your house.” Buffy replied gesturing him to come in.
“Thanks.” Spike gulped looking around the room. Anywhere but at her.
“Look Buff…we’re going to be living together now. So I just wanted to say…can we be friends?” Spike asked pleadingly.
Buffy felt acceptance wash over her as Spike finally admitted how he felt and how he wanted the relationship to go. Buffy had never expected even friendship off him so she nodded at him sadly but happy at the same time.
“Friends,” Buffy nodded.
“So how do you feel?” He asked changing the subject walking around lifting up certain things she had brought with her.

“I feel great. I still can’t believe my dad is going to court. I thought I’d be stuck with him forever.” Buffy smiled.
“Yep wonder if he’ll end up even bloodier than dad left him.” Spike laughed smiling darkly to himself.
“What?” Buffy asked raising an eyebrow at Spike wondering what the hell he was talking about. He started shifting about and staring at his nails as if nervous.
“Well….um dad may…have paid a visit to Hank while you were in the hospital..” Spike mumbled.
“What did he do?” Buffy asked in surprise.

“Well let’s just say he was even uglier when dad finished with him.” Spike replied looking up at her expecting her to be angry or something but he just saw gladness in her eyes.
“he did that for me?” Buffy asked quietly.
“Course he did luv. Turns out that Hank isn’t very popular with the police in this town and since dads the best lawyer round here he managed to get to him.” Spike smiled back.

“William! Buffy! Dinners ready!” Giles bellowed up the stairs.

Buffy and Spike walked down the stairs together and into the dining room where Jenny and Giles were already seated. Buffy and Spike both reached for the same seat and a surge of electricity pasted through them both where their hands touched. Spike pulled his hand back staring at her for a second before taking a different seat.

Friends my ass

Spike grumbled to himself wondering what that feeling was that passed between him and Buffy and wondering if she had felt it too.
Buffy stared at the food in wonder. Home cooked vegetables, a big joint of pork and gravy.
“Are you okay Buffy?” Jenny asked watching the girl staring at the food.
“Hmm oh yes I mean im great never seen such nice food before.” Buffy smiled at her before picking up her fork and practically inhaling the food on her plate leaving the three other occupants speechless.

Wow she can eat.