They both sat on the couch digging their way through the pile of Chinese food Spike had ordered watching some stupid soap opera that Spike was obviously addicted too.
“I can’t believe you watch Passions!” Buffy snorted laughing at Spike.
“Hey it’s a good show all right so watch your tongue luv.” Spike said defensively throwing a grain of rice at her which she ducked.
Spike looked at Buffy and saw she had a smudge of sweet and sour sauce on her cheek.

How the bleeding hell did she manage that.

Spike laughed to himself at how cute she was. He leant in and lifted his thumb to swipe off the sauce. Buffy closed her eyes when he did relishing the fact that he had touched her. Spike stared into her eyes for a few seconds beginning to lean in a bit even but he soon snapped out of it looking down at his noodles. Buffy coughed and went back to her own food too.

“So how are you feeling pet?” Spike asked quietly.
“I'm good. This is the best ive ever felt actually. Not having to worry about my dad and being able to start afresh again it’s nice.” Buffy smiled.
“Good im glad but what about you? I mean you were sick this morning is it bad?” Spike asked obviously wanting to know how she was without actually addressing it.
“Well it happens to most people so you deal with it not the best feeling in the world though. I can’t wait till I start to show…that will be fun in school.” Buffy sighed.
“No one will say anything Buff.”

“Sure they won’t.” Buffy scoffed.
“I'm telling you they wont they’ll have to deal with me first. I hear one of them bad mouthing you and their as good as dead.” Spike said protectively, making Buffy smile at him.
“Thanks…It means a lot that you care that much.” Buffy said sincerely.
“Of course I care pet…I'm just scar-…I do care.” Spike finished lamely.
Buffy’s heart fluttered when she heard what he was saying.

He's just scared?? What’s that mean? Scared of people knowing? Scared of having a baby?

Spike looked up at her and Buffy could see the conflicting emotions in his eyes. He looked so lost it was almost heartbreaking. She leant in at the same time he did and their lips met in a sweet chaste kiss before Spike pushed his lips to hers a little harder.

Friends?! Hahaha

Spike heard the door begin to open and pulled away staring at Buffy blankly. Buffy turned to the doorway and smiled when the couple walked in.

“Hey Jenny. Hey Giles.” Buffy greeted them smiling.
“Have a good time?”
“Ahh yes the food was lovely and the film was okay for a woman’s film.” Giles smiled.
“It was not a woman’s it’s a romantic comedy!” Jenny defended herself but casting a wink at Buffy.
“Well im going to bed. kind of tired goodnight.” Buffy said looking at Spike before getting up and hugging Jenny and Giles on her way to bed.

She was asleep before her head hit the pillow and her dreams were filled of a man holding a beautiful little girl in his arms both with sparkling blue eyes.



“Being pregnant sucks.” Buffy grumbled washing her face with cold water and looking at her pale reflection in the mirror.
“It only gets better.” Jenny laughed from the doorway.
Buffy turned around and gave Jenny a mock horrified look.
“Was that sarcasm!?” Buffy joked.
“Ahh don’t worry dear it will all be forgotten when you have that little baby in your arms.” Jenny reassured her before walking downstairs. Buffy followed jumping onto a stool and pouring herself a glass of orange juice.

“You ready for school?” Spike asked smiling at her from the doorway.
“Yep coming.” Buffy answered grabbing her bag and trotting to the door.
“Buffy! Listen I was thinking I know we’ve bought you some clothes but maybe you’d want to buy some other things too? You want to go shopping with me on Saturday?” Jenny grinned excited at the prospect of being able to shop with a girl for a change.
“That would be great.” Buffy smiled back her eyes lighting up.
“Good. Now have fun at school.” Jenny laughed ushering her out of the door.

“Well mum certainly loves you.” Spike raised an eyebrow at her half way to school.
“What can I say im lovable.” Buffy joked placing a hand on her chest in mock awe of herself.
“Like the bloody daughter she’s always wanted. I feel neglected.” Spike laughed back.

They lapsed into silence after that. It wasn’t uncomfortable but Buffy was very aware of the tension radiating off Spike but still neither addressed the kiss they had last night. As if it didn’t happen Buffy thought to herself.
As they were pulling up Spike noticed something that made him gulp audibly and his eyes to narrow into slits. Buffy noticing his change in mood looked at him worryingly grabbing his shoulder to get his attention. When he looked at her the anger faded from his eyes but Buffy could still see it simmering.

“What’s the matter Spike?” Buffy asked worriedly.
“I just saw Xander.” Spike sighed rubbing his eyes not wanting to deal with this today. Not only did he have to bloody cope with all the fucking confused feelings he had about Buffy and what to do but now he had to worry about that twerp Xander too.
“Don’t worry Spike. I knew this would happen eventually anyway. Don’t do anything stupid okay? Please?” Buffy implored looking Spike right in the eyes.
“Fine.” Spike sighed pushing his door open.

Before Buffy could open her own door Spike was around the other side of the car opening the door and helping her out. Buffy give him an impressed look and Spike smirked back giving and exaggerated bow. Both burst out laughing unaware of the students who were watching them with avid interest.
“Be careful okay? Don’t go anywhere alone today and if he says or does anything let me know.” Spike said before walking off to class.


Buffy had avoided Xander for three lessons before she finally had to face him. She was walking to meet Faith and Willow to go to health class when she saw them standing there next to Xander. Buffy saw Faith had a absolutely furious look on her face and Willows was just as bad but she was trying to calm Faith down obviously not wanting to get into to much trouble. Buffy neared cautiously not wanting to see Xander but needing to know what was going on.
“Buffy!” Willow squeaked when she saw her friend standing next to her. She glanced nervously between Xander and Buffy not having a clue what to do.

“Hey Buff.” Xander sneered.
“You shut your fucking trap and get the hell away from us!” Faith yelled at him pushing him away from them.
“Faithy…calm down a little is it we used to be friends.” Xander smirked cruelly running his eyes up and down Buffy openly.
“Yeah well we weren’t exactly friends I tolerated you but that was only until I found out you and your sick fuck of a father were abusing B!” Faith snarled wanting to smack the leer off his face.

How dare he look at B like that after everything?

Buffy flinched when she heard Faith mention her and saw the crowd that was now surrounding them all look at her with either pity or suspicion. She so couldn’t deal with this.
“Yeah Buff been meaning to thank you for putting my dad away you ungrateful bitch.” Xander finally snapped. He went to step forward as if to crowd Buffy when a fist came flying and whacked him right in the jaw. Buffy turned to see Spike standing next to her fury blazing in his eyes.

“Don’t you ever fucking talk to her like that again you bastard.” Spike growled standing a bit in front of Buffy protectively. Glowering at Xander who was lying on the floor.
“Wow got yourself a bodyguard now huh Buff?! You fuck her too?” Xander sneered up at Spike.
The whole crowd went silent as they heard Xanders reply all of them thinking how much of an idiot Xander was. Spike looked ready to rip his head off and there he was answering back!

Spike stood over him menacingly and then did the one thing he knew would shut the little fucker up. He brought his foot up before slamming it down right in between the brunette’s legs. The cry of agony that ripped from Xanders lips was met by clapping as everyone around Spike cheered and chanted. No one had ever really liked Xander Harris and especially not now with all the rumours going around about him.

“Are you okay luv?” Spike asked worriedly brushing back Buffy’s hair and holding her face in his hands as if reassuring himself that she was all right. Buffy lifted her hands and placed them over his taking them off her face.
“I'm fine Spike really.” Buffy spoke softly oblivious to the people who were still crowding around looking at the display in front of them.

Some had little smiles on their faces others had shock and some just had downright confusion. Faith who was smiling at the couple in front immediately turned to the crowd ushering them away.
“Come on now nothing to see get to class!” Faith barked at them making most of them scatter.

“You think he cares about you?”

Faith, Willow, Spike and Buffy all turned to look down at the man lying on the floor curled up clutching his balls.
“Your nothing to him Buff…His parents will soon realise what type of girl you are and you’ll come crawling back on you knees.” Xander wheezed out.
Spike shook his head in disbelief at the prick on the floor.
“Is this guy for real?” Spike laughed looking at Buffy with amused eyes.
“Sadly yes.” Buffy replied.

They all watched as Xander stood up and hobbled away cursing under his breath.
“Well I better get to class. I’ll meet you outside okay pet? Stay safe.” Spike whispered in her ear squeezing her hand one last time before trotting off down the hall with three girl’s gazes staring after him. Buffy sighed and turned to see her two friends staring at her.
“What?!” Buffy asked innocently.

“Are you two together?” Willow asked.
“No.” Buffy sighed really not wanting a huge quiz.
“He loves you.” Faith smiled at her friend teasingly.
“Oh shut up Faith he does not.” Buffy said sadly.
“B I’ve know Spike Giles for about ten years. I have never seen him look at a girl the way he just did with you.” Faith told her before turning and entering health class with Willow following her.
Buffy stood outside for a little while longer before walking into class and learning all about contraception.

Bit too late really.

Buffy laughed in her head.