After dinner Spike and Buffy both excused themselves to go to bed both were exhausted for some reason and after a quiet whisper of goodnight Spike left a sweet kiss on Buffy’s forehead before going into his room and closing the door.
He fell back onto his bed staring at the ceiling despite being tired he just couldn’t sleep. His mind kept wandering to the hazel eyed beauty in the next room and he groaned in frustration.
She never left his head and if it kept up like this he was sure
he was going to lose his mind. Spike had thought of Buffy as not worth the time of day for two years and suddenly he was feeling like she was worth the damn world and it just made his head hurt.

He stood back up and paced his room letting his thoughts stray. He spotted a picture on his bedside cabinet and lifted it up sitting down on his bed to study it. It was taken when he was 10 years old back in England. It must have been winter as him and his parents had gloves and scarves on. And you couldn’t miss the pink tint in all of their cheeks.

God I wonder how mum and dad will react.

Spike sighed thinking of the worst case scenario and imaging his parents chucking both him and Buffy on the streets. They wouldn’t of course. Spike knew that but it didn’t stop him almost hyper ventilating at the thought of it. His parents obviously cared a great deal about Buffy and already thought of her as part of the family so the unborn baby she was carrying was obviously going to be welcomed too but Spike was terrified of seeing the disappointment in his parents eyes when he told them it was his.

I'm going to be a dad.

The thought ran through Spikes mind for the millionth time since finding out about the baby and he felt a fluttery feeling in his chest. Despite all his worries Spike couldn’t help but imagine what it would be like to hold his child for the first time.

I wonder what it will look like.

Spike smiled again as he imagined a little girl the spitting image of Buffy running around.


While Spike was up stairs Jenny was in the kitchen drying the dishes as Giles handed them to her. Giles glanced at his wife curiously while she stared off into space obviously deep in thought.

“Are you okay? You’ve been unusually quiet.” Giles enquired turning his full attention to his wife.
“Nothing I was just thinking.” Jenny sighed absently but Giles was not fooled for a second. He couldn’t ever remember his wife looking so serious she always seemed to have a smile on her face and Giles was definitely worried.
“Care to tell me what about?” Giles asked.
“Buffy’s going to have a hard time looking after that baby by herself.” Jenny said surprising Giles.

“Well yes I suppose she will. She’ll have us and Spike to help her though so im sure she’ll manage. She’s had a rough time of it but she has a good head on her shoulders I think. She’s matured beyond her years.” Giles smiled proud of the girl but also a little saddened by what the girl had to put up with.
“Would you say the same thing if Spike came home telling you he got someone pregnant?” Jenny asked finally focusing on her husband.
“Well…I don’t know…id be disappointed of course but I’d help anyway I can. What’s brought this on?” Giles asked a tad worried wondering whether his son had told Jenny something.

Jenny sighed glancing out of the kitchen window and then back at Giles deciding it was only fair to include him.
“It’s his baby.” Jenny stated.
Giles just looked confused for a few seconds he was about to ask what baby when he suddenly realised what she was talking about. He whipped his glasses off and began to clean them thoroughly trying to get some time to gather his thoughts before having to respond to his wife.

“Did they tell you?” Giles asked not betraying any emotion.
“No I heard them up stairs talking. Spike told Buffy not to tell us, it seems he and Buffy had a relationship before she was taken into hospital.” Jenny sighed rubbing her eyes not sure what to think of all of this.
“So instead of telling us it was his he let her pretend to not know whose it was?” Giles asked feeling a ripple of anger go through him at the cowardice of his son.
“Yes he was scared of our reaction im guessing. What he expected us to do is beyond me.” Jenny shook her head.
“Well what are we going to do?” Giles asked.
“We can’t say anything yet. Give them time. Let Spike tell us outright first….I have a feeling this is going to be hard on those two.”

“I suppose I had a suspicion that those two were closer than they let on but…I never would have guessed this.” Giles groaned fully realising the situation.
“I know…he’s our little boy. I cant believe it.” Jenny sighed finally feeling the shock leave her being replaced by a mild panic.



Soon a month had passed, it was well into September and Buffy had to say that life couldn’t really be better. Even though Spike hadn’t said anything to his parents or his friends he had made an effort. Buffy wasn’t sure what to call them but if she had to put a name to it she’d have to say they were an actual couple. When Jenny or Giles weren’t around Spike would hold her hand, kiss her and hug her and even when his parents were there he still treated her like a princess. Buffy could tell that Spikes parents knew more than they were saying but she wasn’t sure how much so she didn’t call them on and she didn’t mention it to Spike either she was afraid he’d get a little more cautious and try to make it not so obvious.

School was actually going well for a change too, Xander hadn’t even bothered coming to school and Buffy was actually understanding the lessons and getting her homework done. There were only three weeks left till SAT and Buffy was studying every time she had the opportunity too .She had even convinced Spike into helping her revise although most of those sessions ended up with a make out session. Even the people in school were treating her different. Instead of glares and disdainful looks people were smiling at her and even stopping to talk to her.

Yep life is great! Which probably means something very bad is going to happen.

Buffy sighed at the bad thought and tried to push it away without much luck when she felt strong muscular arms wrap around her middle from behind. She tilted her head to look into Spike’s face.

“Hey you.” Spike greeted pecking her on the cheek.
“What’s wrong you have frown face?” Spike asked turning Buffy to face him.
“Oh nothing just thoughts. How was detention?” Buffy smirked raising an eyebrow.
“Hey it was so not my fault Angel hit me on the head it’s not my fault the teacher caught me smacking him and not him smacking me!” Spike justified himself sitting down on the edge of Buffy’s bed and pulling her too him so she stood in front of him. He pulled her close and rested his head against her belly closing his eyes taking in her perfume. Buffy rested her hands in his hair smiling down at him.

Aww he can be too sweet sometimes.

“Ahh hem!”
Buffy jumped back when she heard the over exaggerated cough coming form the doorway. They both turned guilty stares to the doorway and saw Jenny standing there smirking at them.

God if their gunna try to hide this at least shut the door their making it hard for me to even pretend I don’t know anything.

“Hey mum umm…Buffy was just hugging me to celebrate….um me…finishing detention?” Spike tried realising the excuse sounded lame even to his ears.
“Of course dear. Buffy I just thought id let you know your 12 week scan is tomorrow.” Jenny reminded her.
“Oh yeah of course I almost forgot.” Buffy exclaimed hitting herself on the head.
“Do you want me to drive you?” Jenny asked already knowing it was pointless she expected Spike to jump in

in...1….2…

“No worries mum I’ll drive her.” Spike interrupted.

Wow with a second to spare.

“Okay Spike…when you come home I want to know every detail okay honey.” Jenny said directed at Buffy before leaving the both of them alone.

“You’re coming with me?” Buffy smiled happily.
“Of course I told you pet im with you one hundred percent now. I want to see how my baby is doing in there.” Spike laughed nuzzling his nose into Buffy’s belly which still didn’t have even an inkling of a bump.
“Spike I think your mom knows.” Buffy sighed looking down as Spike’s eyes snapped up to meet hers worry shining through.

“What do you mean knows what?!” Spike asked panicky.
“Well knows that we’re…um you know me and you are….well more than friends.” Buffy finished not knowing how to address them without scaring him away.
“We have been a bit open about it haven’t we?” Spike sighed scratching the back of his head.
“I mean hugging we could explain as just friendly but falling asleep on top of each other while watching a film is a tad harder to explain.” Spike laughed at how plainly obvious they were and how he had tried to fool himself that he was covering well.
“Maybe you should tell them.” Buffy said sitting down next to him now.

“I suppose I should…not about the baby though. I mean I will just not yet. Let’s ease them into it.” Spike said turning to see Buffy’s reaction he saw the flash of disappointment cross her face and sighed. He cupped her face and turned her so she was facing him.
“I will tell them Buffy I swear. But lets just ease them into the whole “I'm dating a pregnant girl” before telling them im the one that got you pregnant okay. I swear I’ll tell them.” Spike assured her kissing her on the lips and pulling her into a hug.
“When are you going to tell them about us?” Buffy asked feeling a bit nervous.

“Tonight. I’ll tell them tonight.” Spike announced.
“Do you want me to be there?” Buffy asked.
“No its okay I think it will be better if I tell them by myself. I’ll only end up getting scared and I don’t want to end up hiding behind my girlfriend.” Spike laughed he turned to see if Buffy was okay with him going alone when he saw the shocked look on her face.

“What? What’s the matter?” Spike asked suddenly afraid he’d done something wrong.

“Girlfriend. You called me your girlfriend.” Buffy replied simply but Spike could feel the happiness rolling off her few words in waves. She sounded as if he had just given her the world or something.
“Well yeah you are my girlfriend.” Spike shrugged trying to play it off cool but he was just as relieved to have it out in the open as she was.
“Wow that’s the first time anyone’s called me that before.” Buffy smiled at him shyly.
“Then all men are fools.” Spike answered back leaning in for yet another kiss.