Buffy woke up on Christmas Eve and could feel the excitement in the air.

Buffy hadn’t celebrated Christmas in years and the Giles family were obviously very traditional and absolutely loved the holidays. Yesterday she and Spike had come downstairs to see Giles and Jenny decorating the house. A huge fir tree
stood proudly in the corner of the Giles living room with gold and red tinsel wrapped around it and glittering bobbles hanging off almost every branch. Jenny and Giles themselves were wearing Santa hats and giggling like children as they clapped their hands in delight smiling at the decorations.

Buffy had felt the excitement build in her too and was so happy to have them in her life now. Today Jenny told her they had to all go out for a Christmas Eve meal at a local restaurant and come back and open only one present all the rest were saved for Christmas day. Giles did warn her however that it was never as calm as that and Jenny would often be rushing around the house panicking with last minute things. Margret who was meant to stay until the day after Christmas had told everyone yesterday morning that she was leaving to go spend Christmas with her other brother Ethan and the family had more than willingly drove her to the airport to leave.

The day was in fact very hectic like Giles had warned Jenny was rushing around checking they had enough food and snacks and things for the holidays. She double checked she had wrapped everyone’s presents and then started to put them all under the tree. When everyone had placed all their presents under the tree they realised that there was not enough room so Jenny found a huge Christmas sack and placed the presents that wouldn’t fit under the tree in there instead. Spike had been notably absent for most of the day and Buffy was more than curious about where he spent all his time. She wasn’t worried however and the excitement was taking her full concentration.

The restaurant they went to was absolutely amazing and Buffy stared in awe at the fancy decorations and took in the wonderful smell of the food.
“You like?” Spike smiled at her already knowing her answer before she even nodded her head enthusiastically.
“Well that was delicious.” Giles said happily after they had all finished their desert. He patted his stomach and leaned back in his chair.

“I'm almost rivalling you now.” He teased Buffy patting his bloated stomach causing Buffy to frown and throw her napkin at him while Spike and Jenny burst out laughing.
“Ignore him Buffy. It only shows that our granddaughter is going to come out all chubby and cute.” Jenny beamed.
“Yey. Chubby. More pain.” Buffy joked but not able to hold back a wince at the thought of giving birth to a huge baby.
“You’ll do great. Only two and a half months to go.” Jenny clapped excitedly.

“Come on lets get out of here before mum starts flashing the sonogram pictures to the waitresses.” Spike rolled his eyes taking Buffy’s arm to lead her out of the restaurant while Jenny and Giles went to pay for the meal.

“Buffy?”

Buffy and Spike both stopped when they heard her name being called. They both turned to see Mr Johnston sitting at a table with a woman who they presumed was his wife.
“Hello Mr Johnston.” Buff greeted nervously. Buffy had never seen a teacher outside of school before.
“And Spike Giles is the food here good? We haven’t ordered yet.” He smiled at them both.

Buffy Summers had caused him a lot of trouble in the past but the Buffy before him as like a completely different person. As a matter of fact she was possibly one of the best students he’d had she was a very good writer almost as good as Spike himself who always aced every English Paper.

“Yes the foods amazing.” Buffy smiled happily.
“How far along are you?” The woman sitting opposite her teacher asked smiling warmly at the girl.
“Almost 7 months.” Buffy replied politely placing a hand on her stomach instinctively.
“Will you be coming back to school after the winter holidays?” Mr Johnston asked curiously.
“Umm yeah I want to stay as long as I can.” Buffy replied.

“Ahh good well I shall see you in school.” The teacher smiled watching as Mr and Mrs Giles walked over and walked with his students out of the restaurant.
“Their bit young to be having a child don’t you think?” His wife asked not really judging but making an observation.
“I don’t think so. They seem perfect together.” He smiled thinking that if someone told him a year ago that Buffy would have been accepted into the Giles family and was carrying their first grandchild he probably would have chocked on the wine he was currently sipping.


“Right then. Jenny this is yours to open.”
Jenny took the present off of Giles and opening the package grinning broadly when she revealed a set of pyjamas with sheep on them. She immediately looked at Spike and rolled her eyes at his grinning face.
“What’s the matter?” Buffy asked looking between Spike and his mother.
“When we took Spike on a visit back to England we were walking through the country and I fell over a rock and my face landed in sheep’s…well….” Jenny’s face twisted up in memory while Spike and Giles both burst out laughing at the memory.

“Ever since Spike always buys me something related to sheep for Christmas.” Jenny shrugged placing the pyjamas next to her and grabbing a present from under the tree.
“Giles it’s for you.” Jenny said handing him a large rectangle present.

Giles read the tag and saw it was from Buffy he smiled at her before ripping off all the paper revealing a black leather suitcase with R.G elegantly written in the corner of the case in gold.
“Buffy this is lovely. How’d you know I needed a briefcase?” Giles asked smiling at Buffy happily.
“I heard you say the other day that your handle came off you old one.” Buffy shrugged and was immediately embraced by the older man.
“Thank you Buffy.” He smiled fondly.
“Great pet get a better present than me why don’t you.” Spike joked already picking up a gift with his name on it.
The present was a huge triangle shaped and Buffy laughed at the fact that Spike picked the biggest present under the tree.

“Oh wow!” Spike gasped as he opened the triangle shaped box that had been wrapped up and down at a shiny black acoustic guitar with Spike written in red on the neck.
“Thanks mum thanks dad!” Spike grinned in awe of the new gorgeous guitar.
“Your old one got that hug crack in the side so we thought we’d buy you this one.” Giles smiled at how excited his son looked.
Jenny started to grow impatient so she reached and picked up a present with Buffy’s name on it.

Buffy took the package and stared at it strangely. It was a very odd shape and it felt all soft. She looked up at Spike Giles and Jenny and saw them all staring at her amusedly.
“That ones from all of us but it was Spikes idea.” Giles laughed seeing the confusion plainly on Buffy’s face.
She eagerly tore into the package wondering what was in the strangely wrapped package.
Her eyes lit up when she saw the fluffy pink fur and the cute scrunched up face of an obviously new Mr Gordo.
“You always talked about how you missed that pig thing and well I thought I’d get it replaced since it went missing when you moved.” Spike shrugged but inside was beaming at how happy she looked.

“Thanks, I can’t believe it.” Buffy smiled down warmly at the stuffed pig stroking its ear thinking how much better this holiday was compared to last year.