3 days later and Spike was still in a mood by how things had gone with his conversation with Buffy.
“Spike you coming to the party tonight?” Parker asked grinning at his friend.
“What party?”
“Oz’s dude…his parents are out for the weekend and he’s throwing a huge house party.” Parker informed through mouthfuls of mashed potatoes.
Even though Oz often hung around with Buffy and her group of outcasts he was still classed as a friend to the poplars too as his parents were loaded and he was in a band. Instant cool rep.

“Hmm I don’t know.” Spike mumbled.
“Oh come on man you been in a mood for days this may cheer you up. Harmony’s going…” Parker smiled slyly at his friend.
“Oh yeah way to convince me too go Park!” Spike snapped sarcastically.
“Look I’ll go okay…May as well. Gets me out of the house.” Spike muttered getting lost in his thoughts once more. He glanced across the dining hall and saw Buffy, Faith, Oz and Xander sitting at their table. The bruises on Buffy’s face had already faded and you could barely notice them now. So had the cut and the bite marks but Spike was still filled with anger when he saw her.

Who the fuck could do that to her.

Spike glowered at Xander not for the first time wondering if it was him who had done it. He watched as Xander wrapped an arm around Buffy’s waist pulling her too him letting out a laugh. Spike saw her flinch slightly and sadness leak into her eyes and felt a little growl sound through his chest. As if she could feel his eyes on her she lifted her head and looked right at him. He gave her a little smile as if to reassure her…of what he didn’t have a clue.

She nodded at him slightly her lips also twitching into a smile. Xander must have noticed and glanced up at Spike angrily he glared at him openly for a few minutes before standing up and pulling Buffy up with him. Spike saw him whisper something in Buffy’s ear before storming out of the room. Buffy started after him a definite slump in her shoulders and casting an unreadable look back at Spike.

Nuh huh I aint letting dog boy anywhere near Buffy.

Spike stood up and walked briskly out of the dining hall and saw Buffy and Xander disappear into a classroom not to far away. Spike walked up to the door and peeked in through the window. Fury completely overtaking him when he saw Xander push Buffy onto a desk and grind himself into her ass.

Right that’s it.

“What’s going on in here?” Spike barked opening the classroom door.
Xander froze glancing towards the door nervously while Buffy pushed herself up off the desk and turned around to give him a thankful look.
“Spike…what you doing here man im just trying to get some alone time with my girl you know?” Xander smiled innocently but his dark beady eyes were filled with anger and obvious disgust.

“Yeah well not in school you aren’t unless you want me to call a teacher in here.” Spike smiled back equally as innocent. Xander muttered something under his breath before pushing past Spike and down the hallway leaving the building altogether.

“Thanks.” Buffy mumbled cricking her neck and sitting down on the desk.

“No problem.”
“Why do you let him do stuff like that to you?” Spike asked curiously with sadness tingeing his voice.
“Because I like it.” Buffy replied automatically but Spike could sense her disgust at herself when she said it.
“Oh yeah im sure you do.” Spike replied mockingly hurt that she wouldn’t answer him truthfully.
“I just do all right. I’ve got to go anyway.” Buffy sighed standing and walking past Spike.

Before she could get out the door however Spike grabbed her shoulder gently and planted a soft kiss on her lips. Buffy looked up at him with a strange mixture of emotions on her face when he pulled away and he felt a tingly feeling fill him when he realised just how stunning she was when she smiled.

Without saying anything else Buffy turned away and continued out the door smiling the entire way off the school grounds.


“Oh man this party is wicked!” Parker yelled over the blasting music from the stereo. Spike nodded heading straight for the kitchen in search of beer. He looked around the dining room kitchen and living room as he made his way around the house looking to see if Buffy had turned up.

Hmm that’s strange I thought she was Oz’s mate.

Spike took a seat in a comfy chair he found in the corner before settling in for the night putting down four unopened bottles of beer next to him so he didn’t have to move for awhile. After his third beer Spike was starting to enjoy the part a bit more when Devon spotted him and sat next to him in another chair.

Oh bloody hell.

“Hey Spike my man what’s up?” Devon asked dumbly, obviously high on something.
“Hey Dev…im good you?” Spike asked uninterested trying to find a way to leave the conversation with the dumb druggie.
“Life’s good my friend, got me loads of alcohol some herbal refreshment in my pocket and a room full of drunk high school chicks…what more could I want right?” Devon grinned.
Spike nodded at him pretending to think he found Devon impressive.
“The only thing could make this night better is if Summers turned up.”

Spike stopped mid swig of his beer and looked at Devon curiously.
“What do you mean?” Spike asked gritting his teeth.
“Well if she was here I’d defiantly score you know.” Devon laughed obviously thinking he was a god or something.
“You’ve slept with her before then?” Spike growled.
Devon was too out of it however to notice the angry look on Spikes face and mistook his question thinking he was after the details.

“Oh yeah. in fact just four days ago.” Devon boasted proudly getting up clumsily in search of more alcohol. It wasn’t until Devon was out of the room that Spike made the connection.

Four days ago…The day Buffy came in limping and bruised.

THAT SON OF A BITCH!



Spike could barely breathe he was so angry. How the fuck could someone do that to a girl!? Spike stormed around the house in search for Devon but when he couldn’t find him he gave up and stormed out of the house too pissed to stay there knowing he’d end up beating the crap out of someone who didn’t deserve it.