Author's Chapter Notes:
Couldn't wait for the reviews so I thought I'd add another chapter for you to read - hope you like it.
Spike awoke a few hours later and lay comfortably on his side watching Buffy as she slept.

Damn, she was beautiful. Her golden skin faintly glowed in the fading light, her blonde hair was softly tousled and her face wore the expression of a woman who was completely sated.

To know he’d been the one to bring her to the pinnacle of pleasure – and more than once – was immensely satisfying. The sex between them had always been incredible, but he also felt comfortable around her, knowing that she expected nothing from him, emotionally speaking. As a red-blooded heterosexual male, he needed a woman in his bed, but he had not yet met one who could accept that he wasn’t interested in anything beyond physical gratification – they always wanted more from him than he was prepared to give.

But Buffy was different and she’d kept him guessing ever since he met her almost a year ago, when she’d come to London for an art exhibition. They’d both been invited to dinner at the home of Quentin and Olivia Travers – Quentin was a business associate of Spike’s and Buffy was good friends with Olivia, who ran an art gallery in the city. They’d both arrived without partners, which Olivia had used as an excuse to sit them together.

Although they’d only engaged in polite small talk during dinner, after the party retired to the lounge for coffee, they’d embarked on an in-depth discussion on art. Buffy was both well-educated and articulate and it had been a pleasure to meet a beautiful woman with whom he could have an intelligent conversation. All of his former girlfriends had been the essence of beauty, elegance and charm, but none of them had matched him in intellect.

When the evening had come to an end and he’d offered to give her a ride back to the Dorchester Hotel where she was staying, she’d gratefully accepted. And when she’d invited him up to her suite for a night-cap, sex had seemed inevitable. And it had been a sensational night.

The following morning, he’d been prepared to put an end to any plans she might have for a subsequent relationship with him, until she’d thrown him a curveball by suggesting that they could be lovers with no-strings attached, reasoning that it would be mutually beneficial for them both, since they enjoyed each other’s company and the previous night had proved beyond all doubt that they were sexually compatible.

Initially he’d been more than a little sceptical – he knew from experience that while some women might be able to entertain the idea of such a casual relationship, in the end they all wanted the same thing – the ring, the white picket fence and the two point four children.

It was only when she’d told him about her late husband that it had all begun to make sense.

She’d admitted that losing her husband had grieved her more than she could ever have imagined and that she never wanted to endure that kind of heartache again. Thus she’d resolved never to let herself fall in love again, because she knew she’d only be setting herself up for an even bigger fall.

He’d appreciated her openness and honesty – they were rare qualities to find in a woman, well, at least in the women of his acquaintance. And so he’d agreed to her proposal, making sure they were both clear on the terms of their arrangement – whenever they were in the same city, they would attend any necessary business and social functions together and out of the public eye, they would enjoy the sexual benefits of their relationship.

He had numerous business contacts in the States and as the CEO of Giles Enterprises, his job involved frequent international travel. Whenever he flew out to L.A., he knew there would be a warm bed waiting for him and when on occasion Buffy’s work brought her to London, he’d return the favour. Corresponding schedules had also allowed them to meet up in New York and Paris and they’d even spent a long weekend in the Napa Valley after Spike had bought shares in a vineyard out there.

Buffy was as close to being the perfect woman as he’d ever known – she was the ideal companion to accompany him to both business dinners and social events and she possessed intelligence and wit that made everybody love her. And she was amazing in bed – he couldn’t imagine there being a time when he wouldn’t want her.

He looked over at her again. She’d shifted in her sleep and the sheet had slipped down, baring one perfectly round breast with its rose-coloured nipple. He felt his senses stir and for a moment, he considered rousing her from sleep, touching her in the way he knew drove her wild and making her come apart for him again. But she looked so beautiful lying there, her soft lips parted slightly that he was content to let her sleep.

With a husky groan, he rolled over, slid to his feet and walked naked into the en suite, where he stepped under the shower. As he stood beneath the warm needles of water, his mind switched to the business dinner he had scheduled for the following evening – the main reason for his trip. He was meeting with two brothers who needed financial backing for a revolutionary software product they wanted to launch onto the national market.

While Spike had no doubt that the meeting would go exactly the way he wanted, it wouldn’t hurt having Buffy on his arm – the majority of men were more easily influenced when in the presence of a beautiful woman and undoubtedly they’d be envious knowing that he would be the one going home with her.

He couldn’t help thinking back to the warm welcome he’d received on his arrival earlier that evening, Buffy’s lissom body barely clad in a few scraps of lace, igniting his desire within seconds. He knew the image of her would be burned into his brain for a long time to come, even when they were thousands of miles apart.

In the whole of his thirty years, only one other woman had ever affected him like that.

Spike frowned when the stray thought registered. It had been a long time since he’d thought about Drusilla. She belonged firmly in his past, but tonight she’d crept unbidden into his mind.

Drusilla. His best friend’s widow. A woman whose beauty was as dark as her heart. He’d allowed himself to fall in lust with her and Ethan had paid the price for his folly.

All those familiar feelings of self-condemnation washed over him. The guilt that would never go away. The remorse that he would always have to live with. Damn it! As he slammed his fist against the wall, he heard a noise behind him, but before he could turn, two hands encircled his waist and imprisoned him. He felt Buffy against him, her soft breasts pressed against his back and all thoughts of Drusilla and his enduring guilt faded as she turned him around to face her and pressed her mouth against his.

Pulling away from the kiss, Spike took in the image of her standing in front of him, naked and wet. Her hair was plastered to her head and tiny pearls of water balanced on her eyelashes, her breasts were full and soft, the nipples hardened into taut peaks, her stomach was flat and toned and her pussy had been waxed bare save for a small vertical strip.

He kissed her again, reuniting their tongues in a sensual tango, as his thumbs tormented her nipples, his renewed erection pressing it’s hard, throbbing life into her stomach. Then lifting her up, he wrapped both of her thighs around his hips before pressing her back against the wall of the shower and thrusting himself inside her.

He groaned as her slick flesh consumed him and they began to move together, their lazy rhythm quickly growing more frenzied. Moving his hand between them, Spike stroked her clit, kindling the fire smouldering inside her and ushering her towards the precipice, he felt her shudder with pleasure.

Buffy cried out as her body shattered and at the feel of her muscles convulsing around him, sheer physical energy overwhelmed him and groaning her name, he came, bringing heaven raining down upon them.