Author's Chapter Notes:
I know I'm a lazy ass, but I was also very busy and I had a bit of a writers block. Now all say yay. This is the last part. It is not a happy ending but that's why you need to read the sequel ^^
Part 4


It was a sunny Saturday afternoon in May. Buffy was sitting in the park with Willow and Cordelia, working on their homework, gossiping and sipping ice coffee.
“Did you hear about Angel?” Cordelia said, lying on her belly.
“No. What about him?” Willow asked with an interested face.
“I heard he was making out with some guy in the Bronze, last week. Apparently he started playing for the other side.”
Willow giggled and then asked Buffy with a cheeky grin: “You don’t have anything to do with that, do you?”
The girl had been staring seemingly into space the entire conversation. Cordelia looked at her with a worried face. “Buff, you okay?”
Suddenly the blonde shifted focus and looked at her. “Yeah, I’m fine. Just uhm… I have to go do something. I’ll be back in a mo’, okay?”
Willow shrugged and Cordelia smiled and started talking more about Angel’s sexuality.


Buffy walked over to a picnic table, hidden between the trees and found a blonde boy sitting on them. She smiled and said: “Hey you, what’s up?”
He grinned widely and said: “Not too shabby, how ‘bout you?”
“I’m good,” Buffy smiled and kissed him. “I can’t stay too long though. I’m here with Cordy and Wills.”
“Oh,” his smile faltered a bit. Suddenly her eyes lit up. “I know! Why don’t you come and sit with us? I’m sure they don’t mind. And Willow quite likes you.”
Now Spike’s smile was totally gone and a frown appeared. “Pet….” He started.
“No! Don’t ‘pet’ me. Why can’t you just get over yourself?” she said sadly.
“What does that mean?”
“Why are you trying cling so hard to something that means so little?” She asked him, with tears in her eyes. “Or are you ashamed of me?”
“No, I’m not ashamed off you.” Spike got up and started pacing around, “I’m not. But people expect things of me. And you. Don’t you care about that?”
Buffy sniffed and said: “No, my high school image means bull to me. It fades away as soon as I leave that place.”
“No, it doesn’t!”
“Yes, it does!” she persisted, “And you know what? I always thought you’d be the one who would care the least about what people thought of you. I guess I was mistaken.”
“Buffy…” he said with a helpless voice.
“No,” Buffy said with a firm voice. Her mind was made up. “If you want to hide the relationships you have and the person that you are, fine. But I don’t want to be a part of it.”
Spike could barely believe his ears. “What are you saying?”
She rubbed the welling tears out of her eyes. “If you continue like this, I don’t want to be your girlfriend anymore.”
“You serious?”
Buffy nodded. “You have till Sunday to call me. Otherwise it’s over.” And she walked away, leaving a stunned Spike.
When she reached her friends she grabbed her bag and books. “I’m gonna head home.”
Willow and Cordelia looked at her, surprise written on their faces. “What happened?”
“I don’t want to talk about it.” The blonde mumbled and walked away.

“Okay…What was that about?” The brunette asked.
Willow squinted her eyes and said: “I’m not sure, but I think it has to do with a person named William Pratt.”
“Trailer Park? What gives you that idea?”
The other girl pointed at the boy, walking away from the place where Buffy had come from, all upset. He looked angry and annoyed. Something did happen.
“What do you think happened?” Cordelia wondered out loud.
“I can’t even imagine what happened. I thought they were on good terms,” Willow replied.
“They were?”
“You only care about your own boyfriend and people who break up?”
“Uh…yeah.” Cordelia said.
“You are unbelievable,” the red head sighed.
“Thanks. I know though.” The other one teased. Willow gave Cordelia a friendly push and then became serious again. “But Buffy really looked upset. I’m gonna call her when I get home.”
“You do that, girlfriend.” Cordelia smiled

At home, Buffy did nothing more than hang around her room, waiting for her phone to ring. She ate buckets of ice cream and fried food, but nothing could take her mind of it. Suddenly it rang.
“Hello?” she asked with a hopeful voice, to be disappointed when it was Willow.
“Hey Buff, sorry if I interrupted anything, but I was kind of worried. You seemed really upset this afternoon.”
“I’m okay, Wills. I just had an uncomfortable conversation with someone.” Buffy replied, situating herself on her bed.
“Spike?” Willow asked casually, not even really implying anything.
The cheerleader sucked in air. “What?”
“I saw him walk away after you left. He didn’t look too happy and he came from the same place you came from.”
“Oh, it was Spike.” Buffy said relieved.
“What happened with him?”
“Nothing, just had a stupid argument.”
“About what?” Willow asked with interest. The girl was pacing around her bedroom.
“Look Wills, I really don’t want to talk about it right now.” Buffy sighed, feeling sadder than before.
“You sure?” Willow asked. Buffy sighed once more and said: “Yes, Willow, I am sure.”
“Alright,” the other one gave in, “Have a good night sleep. And it’s gonna be okay, Buffy. Whatever you’re going through.”
Buffy smiled and said: “Thanks, Willow. Sleep well.”
“You too.” Willow replied and then hung up. Buffy stared at her phone and felt a little better. She put the phone down and then lay in bed, waiting for it to ring again.

On Sunday it rang again. “Hello?” Buffy said, hopeful once more.
“Hello dear, I called to say, that I’ll be home late from the gallery.” Her mother said.
“I didn’t even know you were at the gallery. Why are you working on Sunday?” the girl asked with a surprised voice.
“Last minute exposition, I’ll tell you the exact story when I get home. But about that, I’m gonna be late for dinner. There’s money on the kitchen counter so you can order a pizza or something, but there’s also left-over Chinese.” Joyce said, with a friendly voice. “Are you okay with watching Dawn for the rest of the day?”
“Yeah…is she still in bed?” Buffy asked with a hopeful voice. Sleepy Dawn was easier to control.
“I don’t think so, but it’s only 9.30.” Joyce smiled and then said: “Just amuse her for a couple of hours. Take her to the park or something.”
“I know how to amuse a 10 year old, mom.” Buffy said, before yawning.
“Good. Have a great day, honey.” Her mother said. “You too,” the girl replied.

Buffy spend the rest of her Sunday entertaining Dawn and she was more than happy too. Staring at the phone on Saturday had made her very depressed. So taking her sister to the park and playing games was a welcome distraction. But the waiting began when Buffy went to bed at 22.00. She stared at the wall across from her bed, waiting once again for the phone to ring. She started to wonder why she had inflicted this pain upon herself, but she also reasoned that she had started it, so she should finish it.
When it was 0.30, she burst out in tears. Her heart was left behind stomped on and crushed. She had finished it.

The End



A/N: Sad ending hey? But it was necessary to make it fit with Interesting Developments. If you want a happy ending just read that one as well :)