A/N: this is a bit depressing I realize but be forewarned that the next chapter will be even nastier. Do NOT fear however...there will be a happy Spuffy ending to it all!!! Let me know what you think :D
~Vamps




Chapter 5

“Before you get involved there are some things you should know first.” Willow said looking into Tara’s eyes and seeing nothing but the quiet strength she had come to depend on in her girlfriend.

At Tara’s silent nod a small smile Willow took a deep breath and started to tell the story.

“When Buffy was 15 she went to go visit her dad in Los Angeles, I remember she was so excited cause it had been such a long time between visits and he was spending the whole week with her. She spent all her time talking about all the great stuff they were going to do and what should she wear, and how she missed him so much.” Willow smiled regretfully her eyes focusing on her hands intertwined with Tara’s. “Shoulda known it was too good to be true, he never held good to his word before why should he have then right?”


Shaking away the thoughts she continued on, “Anyways, about 3 days after getting there he tells Buffy he has to make an emergency trip to Hong Kong or somewhere with his secretary in tow of course,” she paused and looked at Tara “It’s the reason Buffys mom and dad got a divorce, extramarital affairs with his secretaries.”

Tara made a small noise of understanding and squeezed Willows hands urging her to continue.

“So he told Buffy that she can stay the rest of the week there alone or have a friend come over if she wants, the fridge is stocked, he’ll leave her his credit card yada, yada, and whoosh he leaves her there all by herself.”

Tara reached out and ran a gentle hand over Willows bright crimson hair lending her support instinctively feeling that the story was about to get much worse.

“She called me Tara, to come get her. I’d just gotten my drivers license cause I had just turned 16 and my parents were never home so she asked if I could pick her up. I said I would and that I’d be there in about an hour or so.”

Willow looked up her eyes filled with tears her voice quavering painfully, “There was an accident …on the 405 freeway, it took me almost 3 hours to get there and I didn’t have my cell phone so I couldn’t call her…I couldn’t tell her. She must have wondered what happened to me and just fell asleep on the couch waiting for me cause she left the door unlocked in case I showed up. She left it unlocked… because of me.” Willows voice broke as the tears she had held back for so long started to slide over her cheeks. “He was her dad’s next door neighbor. She never told me that, never told me what happened or how until….” Taking a deep breath Willow steadied her voice, “ He came into the house and kidnapped her, he raped her and tortured her for 3 days before letting her go.”

Tara gasped her doe colored eyes widening in alarm and shock, “but…she got away…she was still alive that’s all that counts.”

Willow dropped her head her tears dripping onto their coupled hands as she said in a near whisper, “He let her go and she called me….had me pick her up…we told her mom that she had gotten taken by a would be thug and held against her will but not about the rape, not about the terrible things he did to her. She made me promise never to tell. That’s why Spike doesn’t know the whole story but I’m her best friend I couldn’t just go against that and she said she was fine. She filed a police report and everything but she never gave his name, she said she didn’t know who he was. I thought she ok, I thought she was moving on but I was in denial cause she wasn’t, and she hasn’t been since.”

Tugging Willow into her embrace Tara ran her hand over her lovers arm soothingly whispering to her, “shhh….it’ll be allright we’ll help her.”

“That’s not all,” Willow said quietly making Tara have to lean closer to hear, “After that Buffy became sexually active, promiscuous to the point where she was sleeping with anyone, men, women….it didn’t matter if she knew their names or not until she started dating Knox. He was older than her and seemed really nice in a majorly sleazy kind of way but she didn’t sleep with anyone else during the 3 months she was with him so I figured he was a good influence in at least that way. She seemed happy, even content so I figured that my internal alarm system was just working overtime because of what happened before. That was until he was picked up by the police on rape charges of another girl and sent to prison. Buffy cried for almost a week before she would tell me….before she confessed.”

“What? What did she confess Willow?” Tara prodded gently almost fearing the next words out of her mouth.

“That Knox was the one ….who took her a year before and raped her.”


TBC