Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the super-late update. Also, sorry if I got the Wiccan ritual wrong, but I'm not very experienced with that type of thing. Finally, the first part of the chapter will be from the witch's point of view (sorry, I don't give her a name).
I heard a loud knock on my door. “Come in,” I said, already knowing who it was.

They really were an odd bunch. It just so happened that they were more famous than they thought, too.

“A witch, a vampire with a soul, a Slayer, a Watcher, and…” I trailed off, gesturing at the offending regular mortal.

Seeing my look of disgust, the vampire piped up, “I’ll agree with that. Now, straight to business. You put a spell on her. Reverse it.”

I ignored the look of objection on the Slayer’s face. “Ah, yes, Buffy… Sorry, I’m not going to undo it. I got paid good money for that spell.”

The infamous vampire, Spike, shoved me against the wall. I casually waved a hand and he effortlessly flew across the room and slammed into the opposite wall.

“I was afraid we’d have to do this,” the red-headed one said. She started chanting. I was surprised that she didn’t notice the barriers up around me. After all, based on her aura, she was a goddess. Once she was finished with the incantation, I watched as shocks of green energy shot from her fingers and bounced right off of me.

“Trying to bind my powers now? I would think you of all people would know better than that…”

“Figured.” With an indifferent shrug, she said, “Disarm,” and the barriers disintegrated. I scolded myself for not having been better prepared as she stripped me of my powers.

“Fine. I’ll play nice. Doesn’t mean I’m going to undo it… At least not without a price,” I said, knowing the vampire would agree if the rest would shut up. However, I wasn’t quite so lucky.

“No. You’ll undo whatever… Charm you have on her, without complaining and without money,” the Watcher spoke up for the first time, stumbling for the word “charm.”

“And if I don’t?” I knew he would take the bait, and I love irritating people when I can’t actually hurt them. Just as I had expected, the old man turned a bright shade of red with frustration.

“If you don’t, we’ll kill you and hope that cures Buffy. And if it doesn’t, we’ll find our own way.” The other witch may have been a goddess, but I could still see the darkness flickering in her eyes. I agreed to do it, but they had to give me back my magic first. They were fools, and I was ready this time. As soon as I felt the energy surge through me, I blasted everyone against the walls, which gave me just enough time to escape.

Unfortunately, there were barriers on the door.

Once again, they were ahead of me.

“You thought we would be stupid enough to fall for that?” The annoying human said. It was more of a statement than a question, really.

“Yes, I did.” I said calmly. I recognized that it was time to give in now. I made a pentagram on the floor with sand and lit a circle of candles around it. Then I did the reversal chant. I saw a light-like understanding flash through the Warrior of Light’s eyes just before she stomped out of the room silently. I knew she was going to kill the vampire, of course… Or try to, at least. I felt sorry for him. He had tried so hard to keep her love. It just wasn’t meant to be, though.

The others followed her out with smiles on their faces. I stayed on the floor and listened as the door slammed behind them.

***


Everyone walked back into the flat, tired. Angel was gone, back in Los Angeles- this time for real. Buffy had personally seen him to his flight as he hid from the sun. Actually, she had kicked him onto his flight was more truthful.

Now, the whole Scooby Gang was collapsing onto every available couch, chair and bed. They were all exhausted from the fighting. Well, Giles and Xander hadn’t exactly fought, but they had been up all night running around with the others.

***


Only an hour later, they were woken up by shuffling in the kitchen. They looked up to see Dawn getting some cereal. She glanced at them apologetically before continuing.

“Where’s Clem?” Buffy asked. She didn’t think he would have left Dawn alone, but maybe something important had come up, like another apocalypse, and he had left.

“He came out and saw you guys all sleeping in here, so he left.”

Buffy realized she had fallen asleep in Spike’s arms, and snuggled further against him. Xander grimaced, but didn’t say anything for fear of getting thrown through the window or something equally painful. He just had to learn to get used to them being together. Lucky for him, they spared him from having to see any kissage.

Dawn came in and sat next to them on the couch. Out of all four of them, she was the least wary of their relationship. Spike was like a big brother to her, maybe even a father… That thought brought some more interesting things to mind, and she got lost in her thoughts.

Jolting back into reality, she started talking to keep anyone else from guessing at her ideas. “Me and Clem watched the Discovery Channel, and I told him about that new band, and we made cookies. Anybody want one?” she asked, holding up a chocolate chip cookie.

Everybody else backed away from the babbling and hard cookies. Dawn looked offended for a moment but quickly got over it.

“Whatever. More for me,” she replied to their horrified expressions as she bit into one of the cookies.

Everyone in the room, including Dawn, gave each other an odd look. Then, they all burst out laughing.

The rest of the day was spent sleeping, playing board games with Dawn and, for Xander, remembering times with Anya. However, he was learning to think of them as good times without grieving quite as much as he used to, but not forgetting her.

Little did they know, someone not even a block away was summoning a demon.