Author's Chapter Notes:
I own nothing except the concept for this story, the characters and plot idea are not mine.
Well, it was easier than I thought, but it was still hard to do. I mean, here I have to tell these people who have known me for years, who have seen me at my best and worst. I can still remember everything, exactly how it went down, I doubt I will ever forget how it went. I can only hope with time, I will forget.

*FLASHBACK*

I just arrived in England and was on my way to the council headquarters. I knew that no one would be able to detect me until I made my presence known. When the cab pulled up in front of the building, I was surprised. I mean everything had been destroyed and yet the headquarters looked like the Palace. Where did all the money for this come from? Why did they have such resources but refused to pay a slayer or finance their expenses? This just made me more certain that I had mad the correct decision of cutting them out of my life. The first step is Dawn and then telling the gang.

This is going to be difficult, considering that Dawn doesn’t even exist. See the problem is, is that, the longer Dawn is away from the Hellmouth, the weaker she will become and soon she will start to fade. Knowing Giles, he will try to save her, and I am not trying to sound cold, but she can’t be saved because she doesn’t exist. What I plan to do is, send her back to where she was before everything happened. She is the key, and that is what she will be returned to.

As walked into the building, seeing all the new watchers scurrying around, I found my way to the elevator and up to the floor where I knew they would all be. As I reached the correct floor, I was ready to face them. I mean, I was still nervous, but I knew deep down that I could do it. I took a deep breath and stepped of the lift. In front of me were the Scoobies and the new slayers.

I announced my presence and started in. when Willow, Xander, and Giles moved forward to hug me, I stepped back and they stopped. I said I was there for two things. The first thing, I’m taking Dawn with me and two, I never want to see or hear anything from any of you. From this moment on, I am no longer your slayer, Giles, from this moment on, I am no longer your friend, from this moment on, and I am no longer anything to you. Do you understand?

Giles was the first to speak, and he said that Dawn couldn’t leave due to the fact that she was ill. He also said that they didn’t know what was wrong with her. All I could do was look at him and say, I know all of this and I know what’s wrong with her. I’m taking Dawn and we are leaving. You are never to contact us, look for us, or seek us out. As of this moment, we no longer exist to you. I told Dawn to get her things and that we would be leaving with in 5 minutes. She started to argue but saw it was unlikely to do anything. Once she left, I told them anything that they thought was important was no longer a factor in my life and that they had better stay out of it.

That’s when the questions start, well more like yelling and arguing but I expected that, I stopped them and said they had to deal with it and that was that. After a few minutes of complete silence, Dawn returned with her things and I gave them all one last look before turning to Dawn to make sure she had everything she wanted because we weren’t coming back. I took her by the hand and walked to the elevator. While we were going down the elevator, I said the incantation to shield us from the minds and eyes until we got out. When we reached ground floor, Giles and all were down there, but they couldn’t see us. I knew they were looking for us, but nothing they did and no spell Willow could cast could find us. I walked out with Dawn following behind, upset and confused.

When we got to the cab, I turned to Dawn and asked her if she knew what was wrong with her. She looked at me with tears and said she did. When I told her that she was fading away and that I could return her to where she would be safe, all dawn could do was look at me with sad eyes and agree. She told me that she would be watching over me and would never forget all I did for her. I said the incantation and sent Dawn back to where she was meant to be.

After all that was done I got in the cab and headed to Heathrow to fly back to the states.

*END FLASHBACK*

Now sitting in my plane seat in first class, thinking it all over, as much as it upsets me, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Now all I can do is sit back and relax and wait to reach my final destination. I can’t wait to be back with Dad and Linds. Life is finally starting to go my way. I no longer have to follow orders I only follow myself. It will be good to see Pike and the old gang again. I know that the memory of Dawn was erased from everyone’s memory except those who needed to remember, Dad, Linds, and me.

I also did a little rewriting of history before I left the council, now as far as anyone is concerned, there was a slayer called Buffy Summers and she died at the hands of the Master in 1998. No one except my family would ever know I lived although, if anyone who was dead or not a part of this world when I cast that incantation, then they would know about me. It makes it easier to deal with it and it takes less energy to do it that way.

TBC.

Authors Note: there is no Connor, Angel didn’t agree to have his soul taken out, yet, and Spike has not been brought back…yet. **What will happen when Buffy returns to California? What will happen when the Fang Gang enters the picture and what will happen when Angelus makes an appearance with full memories of Buffy? Will Buffy be able to move on and start her new life away from the scoobies or will she find her way back to them or will they find their way back to her? what will happen when Spike returns and is left in Angels care with full memories of Buffy when no one else remembers her?**