Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry for the long wait...i posted two chapters for ya! i hope you like em...please review!
Chapter 5: Truth Be Told


“Buffy…I’m done in the shower if you want to use it.” Spike walked out with his towel riding low on his waist, water droplets still on his chest, running down the definition of his muscles. He used another towel to rub his wet hair into curly, tousled locks.

“Buffy!!” Willow repeated louder.

“Huh? What? Oh. What?” Damn Spike…and his distracting body!

“I said who was that?”

Buffy put her hand over the phone, and winced at the fact she heard Spike ‘Oh shit’ she mouthed before removing her hand. “Oh. Um…the maid?” it came out as more of a question instead of an answer. Buffy smacked the palm of her hand to her forehead, causing a ‘thwack’ sound.

“A male maid?” Willow didn’t really sound convinced. So Buffy raked her mind for an excuse. She was getting nothing.

“Okay, Buff! Too long! What’s going on, who was that…honestly?” Willow’s voice was firm. Buffy could tell she wasn’t happy.

Buffy let out a defeated sigh. “Willow…his name is Spike. I’m seeing him.” Buffy frowned worried for her friend’s reaction, but happy she couldn’t see her face.

“Oh. When did you break up with Angel?”

“I didn’t.” she said quietly.

“What?!? When did this happen?” shock was evident in her voice.

“About a month ago…I wanted to tell you but-” Buffy was cut off by Willow’s frantic rambles.

“Oh my God, Buffy! Angel…how could you do this to him? After everything he’s been through? He loves you!”

“But I don’t love him!” Buffy snapped back. The other line was quiet for a while and she continued. “Look Wills. I can’t be with Angel anymore…I love Spike.” Her voice changed to a calmer tone.

Spike stood in the doorway, watching Buffy on the phone with a proud smile.

“Spike? Who’s he?” Willow sounded a little calmer, but still very stunned.

Spike walked into the living room, leaving Buffy to talk to her friend.

She looked over to the nightstand, and noticed it was already 5 o’clock pm. We stayed in bed that long? Buffy really didn’t want to get into it, but she knew her friend wouldn’t drop it without an explanation. “Do you remember, when I told you I met someone on my birthday…and I was going to meet up with him to tell him I couldn’t see him anymore?” Buffy made a face at her words. “Well, I didn’t.”

The other line was silent.

“Wills? You there?”

“Yeah, I’m here. I’m sorry, I’m a little shocked. No! I-it’s more than that! Buffy…this isn’t like you!”

“I know, I know. And I’m sorry. Can I trust you not to say anything to anyone? I want to be the one to tell Angel.” Buffy ran a hand over her face, dreading the fact that she still had to do that.

“Okay.” Her voice was quiet.

“Look I got to go, okay? I’ll talk to you later.” With that Buffy hung up and got out of bed and into the bathroom.

* * * * *

When Buffy got out of the shower she got dressed and walked into the living room to find Spike, slung on the couch watching TV.

She walked over and lay down, resting her head in his lap. Spike’s hand immediately went to her hair, running his hand through it.

“We still have 6 days before Angel gets back…what do you want to do?” she traced mini patterns on his inner thigh.

“Well, I thought we could go out for a bit, go to the park…beach maybe?” Spike turned off the TV, and looked down at her.

Buffy lifted herself up slowly, and sat on his lap. “That sounds great! Oh shit! I totally forgot, my boss told me he wanted me to take some shots today…” she looked down at him apologetically.

“Well…” he started slowly. “Why don’t we swing by the house, and pick up your camera? You have to get changed anyway, right? The park and the beach have plenty of great views.” He gave her a quick peck on the nose.

“You’re right! Okay, let’s go!” she jumped up and grabbed his hand yanking him up with her.

Buffy grabbed her purse and Spike grabbed his coat and keys, and they headed out the door.

* * * * *

In the park, Buffy snapped a few pictures. She saw a little girl, holding a tulip up to her nose, and took several shots from different angles. Buffy continued to take a few shots of the scenes played out around them.

Buffy let the camera drop and hang on the strap around her neck. She strolled over the bench Spike was sitting on and pressed a soft kiss on his lips. She rested her head on his shoulder, and placed a hand on his chest.

“Doesn’t this feel just absolutely perfect?” she whispered to Spike.

“So much, it almost feels unreal.”

* * * * *

A man stepped out from behind the bushes, putting his camera up to his eye, and snapping pictures of the couple on the bench.

* * * * *

Buffy lifted her head up and gave Spike a kiss, caressing his cheek. When they pulled away, Buffy smiled at him causing him to display a gorgeous smile, which Buffy found irresistible.

She quickly grabbed her camera and flashed the picture before he could protest. She flashed an innocent smile over the camera.

“Your so gunna get it.” He teased, with a sexy smirk.

“Am I? And exactly how are you gunna give it to me?” she raised her eyebrow, with a suggestive grin.

Spike leaned in about to kiss her, then syked her out, and started tickling her sides.

“Oh! God…Spike…stop, please!” Buffy whimpered out between giggles.

* * * * *

The man continued taking pictures, of the couple laughing together. He finished his roll, and popped in another one. Incessantly pressing the button, when the two started kissing, taking as many as possible.

* * * * *

Finally Spike stopped, and gave Buffy a loving kiss.

“We should get out of here, it’s starting to get late.” Buffy suggested against his lips.

“Mmm-we could still go to the beach, I’m sure it’s cleared out by now.” Spike reluctantly pulled away, brushing the hair out of her face.

It was around 8:30 now and the sun was on the verge of going down.

The two got up and walked back to the car hand in hand. Spike started the car and drove away, oblivious to the car following just one car behind.

* * * * *

Buffy cuddled into Spike’s warm, naked embrace, wrapping the blanket around them. After their 3 hours of passionate lovemaking, Buffy was tired as hell. Her eyes were closing against her will, wanting to stay awake and enjoy the feel of him holding her.

“Isn’t it beautiful out here…the pinks and purples are amazing.” Buffy kept her eyes from closing by adoring the sky.

Spike reach for her camera, and handed it to her, noticing her admiration and loving every minute of it. Buffy smiled at him and took the camera from him.

She sat up, holding the blanket to her chest, and snapped shots of the horizon, and the beautiful colors streaked through the sky. Buffy let out a content sigh when she was done, and put down the camera.

Spike then sat up as well and grabbed the camera.


“Pose for me.” He said with a smirk.

“What?! No!” she reached for the camera, but he pulled it out of her reach.

“Just a few…please?” He had an excited look on his face. He brought the lens to his eye, and took pictures of Buffy while she mock posed for the camera, causing her to laugh.

Spike constantly took pictures of the natural laughing image in front of him. When it made a weird noise, Spike looked down at it with a frown, still pressing the button.

Buffy giggled again, and crawled over to him. “Baby…that means the roll is finished.”

“Oh. I knew that.” He lied, placing it down and taking her back in his arms.

* * * * *

The man dropped his camera and let it hang around his neck, with a smile. He reached in his back pocket for his phone. He dialed a familiar number, and listened to the ringing.

“Yup…got plenty of shots…oh yeah…you’re gunna love this.”


A/N: uh oh!!