Chapter 7: Together Again


Spike paced the living room waiting for a phone call from Buffy. Their plan was that, after Buffy had broken up with Angel, she would call Spike and let him in on everything.

What’s taking her so long, damn it! She should have called by now.

Spike was broken out of his thoughts by a soft knock on the door.

“Oh, thank God.” He murmured under his breath as he hurriedly walked to the door. He swung it open to be met with a crying Buffy. Her cheeks were pale and stained with tears, while her eyes were red, tears filling up around the brim. “Luv, what’s wrong?” she walked into his arms, hugging him tightly to her. He felt her trembling against him. “You’re shaking. Come on, pet, let’s get you inside, alright?” still holding her, he walked her over to the couch.

He placed a kiss on her forehead, as he sat down beside her. “Okay…what happened?” he asked her, a look of concern on his face.

Buffy’s attitude changed almost instantly. She wasn’t crying any more. Nope. Now she was mad. Face-hardened, she clenched her jaw. “This. This is what happened!” she threw the envelope onto the coffee table, hard.

It was for the first time that Spike noticed Buffy holding it. He looked at the envelope, and then back at Buffy with an arched brow.

Letting out a deep sigh, she calmed her self and reached for the package, and handed to him while saying, “Angel, was keeping an eye on me…”

Spike’s eyes widened and grabbed the pictures. He opened the seal and pulled out the photos, looking through them with fuming temper, rising at every picture he looked at. “These were taken here!” he lifted a picture that was taken on his balcony.

“I know.” She looked down, feeling bad that she was the cause of someone watching Spike’s apartment.

“Buffy…we can’t stay here, you know that right? If he was keeping an eye on you before, he might still be doing that now. I’m not risking that.”

She looked up at him with tears in her eyes, her voice tight with emotion. “Well, where else am I gunna go?”

Spike, brushed a tear off her cheek, and held her hand in his. “We are gunna stay at hotel for a while. Just until we figure out what were gunna do. Alright pet?” he cupped her cheek and placed a gentle kiss to her lips, and rested his forehead to hers.

She nodded against him, and closed her eyes. “He scared me, Spike. He was calm when he showed me the pictures, but in a very creepy way. I’ve never seen him like that. Oh God, I hope he doesn’t try anything.” Her voice was soft, as silent tears trickled down her cheeks.

He cupped her other cheek with his other hand, holding her still to his forehead, and speaking in a soothing tone. “Shhh, pet. Don’t worry; I won’t let him touch you. I promise.”

It wasn’t me I was worried about. I knew Angel wouldn’t hurt me. But he would hurt the person keeping us apart. I tried not to think of anything but getting out of town…getting as far away as possible.

* * * * *

Angel pulled out his cell phone, and pressed redial.

“Hello?”

“Lindsey…it’s Angel. Did you follow her?”

“Yeah, I’m parked across the street from this guys apartment.”

“I had a feeling she’d…damn it! Do you know what apartment number it is?”

“I can’t tell from here. She seems a little spooked, what did you do to her man?”

“I showed her the pictures; she freaked, and broke up with me.” Angel ran a hand over his face, as if to wipe away the memories that he was left with not too long ago.

“Shit, I’m sorry man.” Lindsey was friend of Angel’s that he met through his work on a divorce case he was working on a while back.

“Yeah, what else do you see?” he asked hastily, trying to end the previous topic.

“Um, not much…they’re just sitting there. Oh, wait.”

“What?”

“They’re walking to the bedroom…looks like he’s looking for something. Looks like…” Lindsey zoomed in further on his binoculars. “He’s packing. Buffy’s got a bag too. She didn’t have one with her when she went inside. Must have had it there already.”

“God, I can’t believe this!” Angel paced the floor, pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Okay…they just walked out the door.”

“FUCK!”

Lindsey waited until the couple was in sight again before he spoke. “They’re taking his car…they just pulled out.”

“Follow them.” Angel hung out the phone quickly before Lindsey could respond.

Lindsey hung up the phone. “You’re the boss.” He mumbled to himself with a sly smirk before pulling out and following the black Desoto.

* * * * *

Spike and Buffy pulled up in front of the big hotel, on the outskirts of L.A. He stopped to car, and sat in the parking lot.

Buffy was still a little shaken up by the pictures, and that Angel had seen them. Spike put a comforting hand on her thigh, rubbing small circles with his thumb.

“It’s gunna be alright, kitten. I promise. We’ll just stay here for a little while, okay?” Buffy nodded in response, and they both stepped out of the car.

Spike tossed the valet guy his car keys, and walked inside.

* * * * *

Lindsey parked his car on the other side of the street, and watched the two in the car talking, through his binoculars. Seeing them make a move to get out of the car, he swiftly ripped his keys from the ignition, and hopped out of the car, jogging to the hotel. Lindsey followed right behind Buffy and her beau, and stood right behind them as they registered at the counter.

* * * * *

Buffy and Spike held hands walking up to the counter. Buffy squeezed his hand nervously.

“Hey, can we get a one bed, room for…two days?” Spike asked placing his other hand on the counter.

“Yes, sir…and your name?” The young lady asked never looking up from her computer.

“William Thornton.”

“Alright Mr. Thornton! Here’s is you key.” She handed Spike a card, with a chipper voice and a smile. “You’re in room 412. Have a nice stay.”

“Um, we’re pretty hungry…what number do we press for room service?”

“9. It should transfer you right to the kitchen.”

“Thanks.” He replied flashing her a small smile.

Lindsey smiled to himself eying the couple walking away. Just as the woman at the desk was about to greet him, he turned and walked out to the front of the hotel.

He whipped out his phone, and made a phone call.

“Hello?” The anger was evident in Angel’s voice. He was pissed…him and Buffy were happy. Then some bleached wonder comes by and steals her way from him. Not gunna happen.

“They’re at a hotel just coming into L.A. The Hyperion. Staying in room number 412.” Lindsey told Angel, proudly.

“I’m already on the road, I’ll be there in half an hour. You don’t need to stick around any longer. I got it from here.” With that, the phone hung up.

Lindsey hung up his cell, and walked back to his car.

* * * * *

Spike slipped the card into the slot. He opened the door and let Buffy in and closed the door behind them. He dropped the bags by a dresser, and looked around.

“Um, Spike I’m gunna order some food. What do you want?” She picked up the phone and pressed 9.

“Doesn’t matter to me.”

Buffy ordered two cheeseburgers with fries. She was starving. All this crying was working up her appetite.

Buffy threw herself on the bed with exhaust. Spike lay down beside her, running his hands through her hair. She slowly started to close her eyes and let sleep take over.

About half an hour later, Spike got jerked out of his sleep by a knock on the door. Noting that Buffy was still sound asleep, he slowly got out of bed, and answered the door.

Buffy felt Spike leaving the bed and got up slowly. She looked around and figured that the food was here.

Spike pulled open the door with a yawn, and scratching the back of his head. He looked at the man in front of him with lazy eyes.

“Room service?” Spike asked, looking for the cart of food beside him. But there wasn’t one. He frowned with confusion.

“Get inside.” The man’s voice was deep and cold. He was about to say something back when he felt the end of his gun pointed at his head. Spike tried not to look unaffected, as he walked backwards into the room.

“You must be Angel.” Spike said with a small laugh. He wanted to stay calm the last time Buffy needed was to see this.

“What gave it away?” Angel retorted sarcastically. His eyes narrowed to thin slits, black with hate.

“Well, you would think the gun…but it was large amount of jealously radiating off you.” Spike had to be cocky about this; it was so hard not to be…he couldn’t help himself.

Angel pressed the gun harder to Spike’s forehead. “You think I would do it?” Angel asked challengingly.

Spike just shrugged. “Go ahead, do it. Buffy will hate you forever if you do. Then you’d never get her back. Not like you had a chance anyway.”

“Angel?” Buffy walked into the hallway, looking at Angel incredulously. Angel shot her a glance and the looked back at Spike. “Angel, put the gun down. Don’t do this. Please.” Buffy begged him walked slowly towards them.

Tears poured down her face, her whole body trembling with fear. She knew it. If she left him he would go psychotic. She just hoped he was stupid enough to pull the trigger.

“Angel, please?” her voice was laced with hurt and fear. She put a hand on Angel’s extended arm and pushed it down. She stepped in front of Spike, putting distance between them before something really bad happened. “What were you thinking?! God, Angel I’m sorry that things worked out this way. But killing him isn’t going to make things better between us!! I told you, it ended way before Spike, but we just didn’t realize it. So what was your point in this?!”

Angel saw the tears in her eyes and it killed him. But he was hurt. What he wanted was someone to blame for this big mess, and he couldn’t blame her, because she had a point. So he would do.

“I want you to leave.” She looked at him with hard eyes, disgusted by how much he had changed.

Angel nodded. Then he quickly pushed her out f the way and pulled the trigger. A groan slipped from Spike’s mouth, before he collapsed to the ground.


The End!



A/N: Haha just kidding!! There’s on more chapter!! lol I think this is a short one but it seemed like a great place to leave it!! Please keep reading for the end result!! Thank you and please send reviews!! Love you all!