Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 10

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

Hank looked ashamed before addressing his daughter. “I didn’t think it was my place.”

Buffy sat down on the couch. “I just can’t believe Mom could do this. Do you even know the guy?”

Hank nodded and sat down beside her. “He would come into the gallery sometimes. I always had my suspicions, but it took me a while to actually confront your mother about it.”

“How long has it been going on? How did I never notice?”

He shrugged. “You would have never believed your mother was capable of something like that. I think it was going on for a few months. I just wanted to remain in denial.”

Buffy could feel the tears start to cloud her vision now. “I’m so sorry, Daddy. I never should have accused you of having an affair. You had every right to leave her. I want to stay here with you. I can’t live in that house anymore.”

Hank shook his head. “No, I need you to stay there. I’m angry at your mother for what she did, but I don’t want her to be alone. She still needs us right now and I believe that she wants to work things out.”

“I don’t even know how to face her.”

Hank patted his daughter on the back. “You will, sweetheart. It just takes time. I don’t want you to shut her out because of this. She is your mother and still deserves some respect. I know she deeply regrets what happened and she’ll have to live with that for the rest of her life.”

She rested her head against his shoulder. “Why do relationships suck?”

He chuckled and placed a kiss to the top of her head. “I think that’s a question we’ll never know the answer to.”

Buffy nodded and remained there in silence. She didn’t understand why he wasn’t more upset about it. She just figured that he was, but didn’t want to show her how he really felt. Buffy let out a sigh and thought about what her parents were going through. She always remembered them being happy and completely in love. If they couldn’t even manage to stay together, what hope did she have?


* * * * *


Spike was surprised when he opened his door and found Buffy there. He was about to say something, but was again taken by surprise when she pounced and attacked his mouth with hers. He pulled her into the apartment and broke away to breathe.

“Buffy, is everything okay?”

She just pushed him over to his room, shoving him down on the bed.

Spike gazed up at her and saw that she was starting to remove her clothes. He was cut off again when she pressed a finger to his lips.

“Don’t say anything. I need you to make me forget, Spike.”

He had a feeling this had something to do with her parents, but he wasn’t about to deny her what she needed.

Buffy kissed him hard and helped him get rid of his shirt, then moved to take off his pants. She made a pile of their clothes on the floor, without breaking contact with his lips.

Spike cupped her breasts and lightly squeezed her left nipple, then the right.

Buffy moaned into his mouth and without putting much thought to her actions, lowered herself onto his cock. This was a new position for them and she was always up for trying something different.

Spike placed his hands against her waist and held her as she bounced on his dick. He saw her breasts jiggling in front of him and couldn’t resist taking both nipples into his mouth.

Buffy lifted herself up a little, then thrust back down harder. She kissed his lips, slipping her tongue inside.

Spike massaged his tongue with hers and wrapped his arms around her tighter, trailing his fingers down her smooth back.

Buffy screamed out her release a moment later, which was muffled by his mouth. She was breathing heavily as she rested her head against his shoulder.

Spike rubbed her back and could feel her shaking. It didn’t take him long to realize that she was crying. “It’ll be okay, baby. I’m always here for you,” he whispered and continued to hold her, hoping that she would be all right.


* * * * *


Buffy found her mother sitting on the couch in the dark living room. She didn’t want to talk to her, but figured that she couldn’t avoid the conversation forever.

“I suppose you were at your father’s again.”

Buffy sighed and turned on a light to see her mother better. It was then that she noticed the bottle of whisky on the coffee table and an empty glass in Joyce’s hand. “We need to talk, but I would rather not do it when you’re drunk. I’ll just be upstairs.”

“I only had one glass, Buffy. Please don’t leave yet,” she pleaded.

Buffy turned back around and decided that it was about time she dealt with her mother. “Fine, but I’m only doing this for Daddy’s sake. For some reason, he thinks you should be given a chance,” she explained, sitting down on the other side of the couch.

Joyce took a deep breath. “I can’t even tell you how sorry I am.”

“I’m not the one you need to be apologizing to. Dad has always done everything for you. He was the perfect man. How could you just throw all of that away? Who is this guy? Does he have a family of his own?”

She shook her head. “No, he lost his wife a couple of years ago. I’m not planning on seeing him again. I know that what I did was a mistake and there isn’t a day that I don’t regret it. I want you to know that I love you and your father very much. The last thing I ever wanted to do was hurt either of you. I know I can’t take back what happened, but I would like to try and make up for it.”

Buffy could see how sincere her mother was and decided to give her a break. “We’ll take it one day at a time. I can’t forget about what you did, but maybe I can learn to forgive it. I know Daddy still loves you and he wants to work things out. He just needs time alone right now. He’ll come around eventually. I do love you, Mom. I believe you if you say you won’t be with this guy anymore, but it still hurts. Your relationship had me believing in so many things. It had me believing that real love does exist. I don’t even know if I can believe that anymore.”

Joyce took her daughter’s hand in hers and gave it a squeeze. “It does exist, honey. I don’t want you to ever doubt that. You will find a great love. I honestly believe that.”

Buffy gave a small smile. A part of her did believe in love, but a bigger part wondered if she would ever find it.