Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 16

Buffy went out to the Bronze with Willow and Xander later that night, even though she wasn’t feeling up to it.

“Have you heard from Faith? She hasn’t been in school the last few days,” Willow said.

Buffy thought of something quick to tell her. “Yeah, she has the flu. You know it’s been going around lately. She’ll probably be out for a bit.”

Willow nodded and seemed to accept that answer.

Xander grooved over to their table. “Come on, ladies. I’m the only one dancing out there.”

Willow stood up and joined her boyfriend, but Buffy just shook her head.

“You guys go ahead; I think I’ll just sit this one out.”

Willow looked concerned. “Are you sure?”

Buffy nodded. “I’m fine, go have fun.”

Xander then pulled Willow away from the table and onto the dance floor.

Buffy glanced around the club and never felt so alone. She sighed when a man walked over to the table and gave her a smile.

“Hey, would you like to dance?”

Buffy was about to politely decline, until she looked towards the bar and noticed Spike there. She fumed when she saw that he wasn’t alone. He had a grin on his face as he chatted with a slutty blonde. Buffy then turned back to the man and smiled. “Yeah, I would like that.” She got up and moved to the dance floor with him, making sure they were where Spike would be able to see them. She wrapped her arms around his neck and moved seductively to the music.

“My name’s Dean, you’re a very good dancer.”

She smiled at the comment. “I’m Buffy, thanks for noticing.”

Dean wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

Buffy had no complaints as she turned in his arms, noticing that Spike’s attention was now on them. She tried to ignore him and grinded her backside against Dean’s crotch.

He groaned at the feel of her and gave back as good as he got.


* * * * *


Spike was steamed when he saw her dance with some bloke. Two could play that game. He leaned closer to the girl that he was talking to earlier, whispering words into her ear and making her giggle. Harmony Kendall was a complete twit and could hardly hold an intelligent conversation, but she would be enough to make Buffy completely jealous.


* * * * *


Buffy wanted to claw that chick’s eyes out when she saw the woman touch Spike’s thigh. She suddenly had enough and quickly turned around, taking Dean by surprise when she started to nibble on his ear.

Dean moaned and just knew that he was going to get laid that night, if her actions were anything to go by.

Buffy pulled away and focused back on Spike, feeling her heart ache at the sight of him now kissing the woman. She didn’t realize that anything could hurt so much and glanced back at Dean. “I’m sorry, I can’t do this,” she explained, then ran out of the club.


* * * * *


Spike pushed Harmony away when she kissed him. He turned back to the dance floor and noticed that Buffy was gone. He ignored Harmony’s protests and got up to go after her, but Angel stopped him before he could get very far.

“Where are you going?”

Spike stared at his soon to be former friend. “I need to find Buffy. I’m not you, Angel. I can’t do this,” with that said, he left to look for his girl.


* * * * *


She ended up in the alley behind the Bronze. Buffy didn’t feel like going home yet and hated the fact that she was crying again. She didn’t even understand why. She was the one that ended things with Spike. He had every right to move on, but she didn’t think he would have done it so fast.

“Buffy, are you out here?”

She quickly wiped her eyes when she heard Spike’s voice.

He ran over when he spotted her. “I was hoping you were still here.”

Buffy was angered at the sight of him, his actions with the other woman coming back to her. “Why? Did you feel the need to rub it in my face some more?”

Spike was stunned, then felt anger of his own. “What about you? That wasn’t just dancing you were doing.”

“I only agreed to dance with him in the first place because I saw you with her. At least I didn’t make out with him,” she retorted.

“That bint kissed me. I didn’t have much of a warning. I wasn’t even really interested in her. I was going to tell her that before I saw you all over him, then I decided to make you hurt.”

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest. “You were trying to make me jealous?”

“Well, you were trying to make me jealous. I don’t even know why you care, Buffy. You’re the one that broke up with me.”

She threw her hands up in the air. “That’s because I thought it was the right thing to do. I didn’t think you would have found someone else so soon. What happened to you moving back to England?”

He shrugged. “I decided against it. I remembered how much I hated my life there. I don’t care to go back anytime soon.”

Buffy looked away from him. “I should probably get home.”

Spike wasn’t about to let her leave yet. “We’re not done talking. I want you to tell me the truth. How much did it hurt to see me with another woman?”

Buffy didn’t know what he was trying to do, but didn’t feel like answering. “How did it feel to see me with another man?”

Spike shook his head. “I asked you first, Buffy. Admit it; you couldn’t stand the thought of me with someone else. You still have feelings for me. This whole thing is pointless. I’m not your teacher anymore, it’s not wrong to let yourself love me.”

She scoffed. “Who said anything about love? What we had wasn’t love. It was just sex. There’s a difference between love and lust.”

Spike was starting to get frustrated. “You think I don’t know that? It wasn’t just sex with us and you know it. There were feelings involved. We had a connection from that first night together and you can’t deny that. It may not be love for you yet, but it’s pretty damn close. If it wasn’t, you wouldn’t have been so hurt at the thought of me moving on. I know why you ended things, Buffy. It had nothing to do with our age difference, or the fact that I was your teacher. You ended things because it was a way out for you. The relationship was starting to become too real and you were scared. I know you were more upset about Lilah than you let me believe. You pretended that it didn’t matter to make things easier on yourself. I tried to forget about you tonight. I tried to go out with someone else and put everything behind me, but I couldn’t do it. You’re still all I bloody think about. I know I’m not alone in that.”

Buffy had more tears in her eyes at his speech and didn’t even realize it. “It’s not real. I thought my parents had real love, but not even that could last. If they couldn’t manage to stay together, then there’s no hope for us. I needed to get out before things got anymore complicated. I…I can’t be with you.”

Spike moved closer to her. “I know you don’t mean that. We’re not your parents, Buffy. You can trust me. I know I made some mistakes where you’re concerned, but that’s all over now. You’re the only one I want. I can prove to you that what we have is very real. I’ll make you feel it.”

Buffy was about to respond, but never got the chance as Spike crashed his lips to hers.