Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 26

“No, you’re not going to get involved in this. I won’t allow it.”

Buffy was taken aback, then felt her anger surface. “You won’t allow it? I didn’t come here for your permission, Spike. I just figured that you would like to know what your former boss was like. How can you not think this is a good idea after everything I just told you?”

Spike let out the breath that he didn’t even realize he was holding. “I didn’t say it wasn’t a good idea. He shouldn’t be a principal if that’s the way he behaves, but I don’t think you should get involved. It’s not really your fight, unless you were one of his victims.” His eyes widened. “You’re not one of his victims, are you?”

Buffy shook her head and decided to tell him the truth. “I’m not, but Faith is. She may have continued to see him, but the first time he threatened her with a suspension if she wouldn’t have sex with him. That’s not something I can just let go. Faith is my best friend; she would do the same thing for me. I have to do something about him. You can support me or not, it doesn’t really matter. I’m going to get him fired, one way or another.”

Spike ran his fingers through his hair, knowing that it wasn’t smart to argue with her when she set her mind to something.


* * * * *


Buffy got everything that she needed out of her locker the next day. She slammed it shut and turned around to see a young, dark haired girl standing next to her. She gave her a comforting smile.

“Hey, are you Amanda?”

The girl nodded and took a deep breath before responding. “I talked with Faith. She…She said you could help me.”

“Is this about Principal Wood?” Buffy wondered.

Amanda nodded again. “I’m ready to come clean about him. I’ve been keeping it inside for too long now.”

Buffy smiled and was glad that they were finally getting somewhere.


* * * * *


“Seven girls, Faith. So far we’ve found seven that Robin has forced. I think we have enough to go to the school board.”

She agreed. “I just hope this won’t come back to bite us in the ass.”

Buffy shook her head. “There’s nothing he would be able to do to us. He’s as good as gone.”


* * * * *


Faith watched as Robin packed up his belongings and left his office, not even giving her a glance. She couldn’t find it in her to be sorry for him. He got exactly what he deserved. It was his wife that she felt sorry for.

Buffy couldn’t be happier that they succeeded, but she had no doubts. All of the girls confessed and told their stories of what Principal Wood did to them, but the biggest shock of all was when he actually admitted to it. He was a broken man now and would probably live with his bad choices for the rest of his life.

Xander ran over to them, trying to catch his breath.

Buffy raised her eyebrows when she saw him. “Hey, what’s up?”

He finally got his breathing under control long enough to answer her. “We may have a bigger problem now. It turns out that it’s too late in the semester to get a new principal, so word’s going around that Snyder is taking over.”

Buffy cringed when she thought of the troll-like little man that was their Vice Principal. He was horrible and even worse to put up with than Robin. “I think we may have made a big mistake,” she said, only half kidding.

Faith put her arm around Buffy. “Look at it this way; we’re almost out of here. Then we can put everyone in this hellhole behind us.”

Buffy had to agree with that.


* * * * *


“You know, these really do come in handy.”

Spike panted from his position, once again handcuffed to his bedpost. “This just isn’t bloody fair, love. When do I get to use the handcuffs on you?”

Buffy grinned and leaned toward his ear. “When you figure out how to take them off,” she whispered huskily, taking his earlobe into her mouth and nibbling on it.

Spike groaned. “Your mission is to kill me, isn’t it? That’s what you were put in this world for.”

Buffy giggled against his chest and glanced up at him after a few seconds. “I was put in this world to love you, but there’s nothing wrong with a little torture along the way.” She licked his nipple and gently bit down.

Spike gasped, but it had nothing to do with her actions. “Did you just say love?”

Buffy smiled shyly, the sex kitten from before now gone. “Caught that, did you?”

“What are you saying, Buffy?”

She took in a deep breath. “I’m saying that I love you, Spike. I thought that was pretty obvious by now.”

He was still in shock. “Yeah, but it’s still nice to hear. I didn’t think you were ready to say the words yet.”

Buffy shrugged. “Neither did I, but it’s not so bad. It actually feels really good to say that.”

Spike graced her with a soft smile. “Say it again,” he pleaded.

She smiled in return. “I love you, Spike.”

“Again, with my real name. I need to hear that.”

Buffy understood what he wanted. He talked to her a little about his past and how no one could ever love the man that he used to be, but he was so very wrong. “I love you, William. I love all of you.”

Spike felt tears prick his eyes and pulled at the handcuffs. “Get these off of me, Buffy. You can’t say that and not expect for me to touch you. Please, I need to touch you right now.”

Buffy quickly removed the handcuffs and was suddenly pulled into strong arms.

Spike flooded her face and hair with kisses, never wanting to let her go. “I love you, baby. God, I love you so much. Gonna love you forever, I promise you that.”

Buffy felt her own eyes tear up and held him tighter. “I know,” she whispered and really believed that he would always love her. If she knew anything about Spike, it was that he never walked away from those that he loved. He loved with everything that he had. Buffy knew that no matter what happened, he would always be there for her. It was time that she took another pregnancy test, but she wasn’t afraid to this time. She had Spike’s love and devotion; he would be there through everything if she ended up pregnant. Buffy would be able to handle anything with Spike by her side.