Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, I decided to add an epilogue to this story after giving it some thought. I doubt I would really get a chance to do a sequel, so this is better than nothing. It’s just some goodness for Valentine’s Day. Hope you guys like it=)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Epilogue

Four years later…

“All right, Spike, are we gonna do this or not? I have other places to be.”

He nodded at the blonde woman in front of him, taking a deep breath. “We’re doing this, Darla. Show me what you’ve got.”

She smiled in response and did just that.


* * * * *


“God, I’ve never been so exhausted in my life.”

Buffy grinned at the brunette. “Well, you do have three kids.”

Faith sighed. “What was I thinking?”

Buffy laughed. “You were thinking that you wanted to have a family with the man you love. I can relate to that.”

Faith smiled when she thought about her kids and husband. “Wow, can you believe it’s been four years now since I’ve been with Angel? Who would have thought that we would ever get together after you introduced us? I never thought that I would be one to settle down.”

“Yeah, but you two are perfect for each other. You’ve totally tamed him. I’m really happy for you, Faith. You’ve come a long way since high school.”

She nodded and decided to change the subject to something else. “So, I got a postcard from Willow and Xander on their honeymoon. They’ve hardly even left the hotel room.”

Buffy rolled her eyes, but there was a hint of a smile on her face. “That really doesn’t surprise me, but I’m glad they’re having fun.”

Faith agreed. “So, what do you guys have planned for tonight?”

Buffy frowned and looked away from her friend’s gaze. “Um, we don’t really have anything.”

Faith raised her eyebrows. “Are you saying that Spike has nothing planned for you on Valentine’s Day? You guys are always nauseatingly mushy around this time of the year.”

Buffy shrugged and glanced back up at her. “He’s been working a lot lately and probably just forgot. It’s not a big deal.”

Faith wouldn’t believe that. Spike kept pretty busy since he became the principal at Sunnydale High because Snyder decided that he finally had enough with kids and retired. She knew what was really going on with him, but had to keep a straight face for Buffy and not reveal the secret. It was the hardest one she ever had to keep. “Come on, Buffy. You can’t fool me, I’m sure he’s got something under his sleeve. When are you going to tell him that you’re pregnant?”

She let out a sigh. “I guess when I go over later. Something should be celebrated today; I just hope he’ll be happy about it.”

Faith nodded. “I don’t think you have to worry about that, you already know that he wants kids. You’ve seen him with my little ones, the look in his eyes. It’s something he wants more than anything, I can tell.”

Buffy felt a little relieved by that, but she wouldn’t get her hopes up just yet. “I guess I should get going now. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Faith watched as Buffy left, knowing that her friend was about to get a huge surprise.


* * * * *


Buffy let herself into Spike’s apartment with the key that he gave her. She practically lived there, anyway, but they hadn’t officially moved in together yet. She headed into the living room and gasped at the sight in front of her, bringing her hand to her mouth. There was soft music playing, candles lit everywhere, and a romantic dinner for two prepared. Buffy removed her hand and gazed at Spike.

“What is all of this?” she wondered in astonishment.

Spike moved over to her, taking her hand in his and kissing her palm. “Happy Valentine’s Day, baby.”

Buffy felt tears in her eyes now. “You remembered,” she said, it wasn’t a question.

He smiled. “I could never forget the most romantic day of the year. I just wanted you to think that I did. Were you surprised?”

She nodded, still in a state of shock. “I think it’s safe to say that I am.

Spike motioned her over to the decorated table and pulled her chair out.

Buffy smiled in gratitude and took a seat.

He sat down across from her, gazing into her eyes. “I made all of your favorites. I took off of work today to set everything up.”

Buffy was surprised to hear that, but definitely not disappointed.

“I know that it seems like I haven’t been available much lately, but that’s all going to change. I have something to ask you when we’re done eating.”

She felt a little nervous about what that could be, but tried not to let it show. Buffy just smiled and watched as Spike took a sip of the champagne that he poured for them earlier, her glass remaining untouched.


* * * * *


“I don’t think I can eat another bite,” she said, patting her stomach.

Spike chuckled. “I would think not, I still have yet to know where you put it all. You’re so tiny.”

Buffy blushed and knew that she wouldn’t be that tiny in a few months.

Spike took a deep breath and decided that now was the time. “Buffy, there’s something I need to ask you,” he started and reached into his pocket. “I called Darla today because I needed her help with this.” He pulled out a black box and opened it to reveal a beautiful, diamond ring.

Buffy gasped when she saw the sparkling jewel.

“She works in a jewelry store and brought some rings over for me to look at, and I settled on this one. I know you’re in your last year of college, but I don’t think I can wait another second to ask you to be my wife.” He took another deep breath before saying the rest. “Will you marry me?”

Buffy couldn’t hold her tears back and nodded. She didn’t need to hesitate with her answer. “Yes, I’ll marry you. I was starting to think that you would never ask.”

He shook his head and took the ring out of the box, slipping it on her finger to find that it was the perfect fit. “I was just waiting for the right moment. I love you, Buffy.”

She wrapped her arms around him. “I love you, too, but there’s something that I have to tell you.”

Spike pulled away to look at her in confusion. “What is it?” he wondered.

It was her turn to take a deep breath. “This now makes what I have to say even more perfect. I just hope you’ll feel the same way.” Another breath. “I’m pregnant, Spike. About a month now, I just wasn’t sure how to tell you.”

He was stunned into silence for a moment, then a huge smile broke out on his face. “You’re pregnant? We’re having a baby?”

Buffy nodded. “Yeah, it looks like.” She didn’t have time to think about anything else as Spike enveloped her in a big hug.

“You’ve made me the happiest man in the world, Buffy. I can’t believe I’m going to be a father. I love you so much.”

Buffy held him tighter, tears streaming down her face. “I love you, too. I’m just so relieved that you’re okay with this.”

He pulled out of the embrace to stare at her. “Were you actually worried that I wouldn’t be?”

She shrugged. “I had some doubts.”

Spike smiled and pressed a kiss to her lips. “You never had to worry about that. I couldn’t imagine wanting anything more. You’re going to be my wife and give me a child, that’s all I could ever ask for.”

Buffy grinned and looked up at him. “I guarantee there’s something else I can give you.”

He waggled his eyebrows. “Is that so? Aren’t you too full?”

She shook her head. “I’m never too full for that.”

That was all Spike needed and with quickness that even surprised him, lifted her into his arms and carried her to the bedroom.

Buffy giggled at his antics and let him take full control.

Spike kissed her passionately, being careful not to drop her.

They finally entered his room and Spike kicked the door closed, her laughter ringing out through the walls.

It was definitely a Valentine’s Day to remember.

The End


And there you have it, my actual ending. I seem to have this habit of stopping at the good part. Thanks to all of those that have supported this fiction, your comments meant a lot to me. Happy Valentine’s Day=)