Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 8

“You know what I just realized? I don’t even know how old you are.”

Spike glanced at the girl lying next to him in bed and smiled. “How old do you think I am?”

Buffy shook her head. “I’m so not going to guess. That would probably get me in trouble.”

He laughed and pressed his lips to the top of her head. “I’m twenty-seven, love.”

She nodded. “Oh, that’s not so bad. I mean, it’s only about nine years. Yeah, that’s hardly much of a difference.”

Spike was worried about the tone of her voice. “It really doesn’t matter, pet. We’re both adults here. The only thing that would probably bother other people is the fact that I’m your teacher, but I won’t be forever. We can keep this a secret until that happens, then they can’t do anything.”

Buffy looked up at him. “Didn’t you tell me that you wanted to get a permanent job there? If that happens, you would still be a teacher. You might not be mine, but it still won’t look good.”

Spike ran his fingers through her hair. “There are other schools around here, Buffy. I don’t necessarily have to work at Sunnydale High. Don’t you worry your pretty little head about it, I’m sure everything will be fine.”

“I wish I had your confidence.”

Spike slipped his cock out of her and got more comfortable. Her warmth felt so natural to him now that he didn’t even realize he was still buried inside of her after their hours of lovemaking.

Buffy rested her head against his chest and let out a sigh. She told her parents that she would be staying the night at Faith’s house, who would cover for her. She hated having to lie to them, but she wanted to spend more time with Spike outside of school and didn’t have another choice. “Spike? Do you really think this can work?”

He tilted her chin up and placed a soft kiss to her lips, then gave her a smile. “I have no doubts.”


* * * * *


Buffy entered her house and headed into the living room, stopping when she saw both of her parents in there. She just knew they were waiting for her and hoped they didn’t somehow find out about Spike. She wasn’t in the mood for an intervention.

“Honey, come take a seat.”

Buffy was worried about the concerned tone in her mother’s voice and sat down on the couch. “What’s going on?”

Joyce took a deep breath before she began. “There’s no easy way to say this, but your father and I have decided to separate.”

Buffy couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Her parents had the perfect marriage; she never would have seen this coming. She gazed at her father and noticed that he looked guilty, then back at her mother. “Why are you doing this? You guys are always happy. Are you getting divorced?”

Hank spoke up next. “No one is talking about divorce, Buffy. Your mother and I just need a break. We have some issues to work through and feel that it would be better if we spent time apart to make things easier. It will probably only be temporary, but it’s for the best right now.”

Buffy shook her head and stood up, tears forming in her eyes. “I can’t accept that. There has to be a reason of why you’re doing this, something that you don’t want me to know about. You’re still treating me like a child. I can handle whatever it is.”

Joyce and Hank exchanged looks and decided that it would be better if Buffy didn’t know the truth just yet. They glanced back at their distraught daughter, Joyce taking Buffy’s hand in hers.

“We’re sorry about this, sweetie. We both love you very much and we hoped that everything could be worked out before you knew about this, but too much has happened. I just wish we could make you understand that this is the right thing to do. Your father has decided to rent an apartment not that far from here. You can feel free to visit him anytime you want.”

Buffy pulled her hand out of her mother’s grasp. “There’s still something you’re not telling me, but forget it. I don’t even care to know anymore. Thank you both for basically ruining my life,” she spat, then ran out of the house and didn’t look back.


* * * * *


Buffy couldn’t control her tears any longer when Faith opened her door. She just threw her arms around her friend and sobbed her heart out.

Faith was concerned and rubbed Buffy’s back, pulling her into the house and closing the door.


* * * * *


“You’re…You’re what?”

Lilah rolled her eyes at her boyfriend’s state of shock. “How many times do I have to repeat myself? I’m pregnant, Spike.”

He still couldn’t believe it and sat down on his bed. “No, you can’t be. We were very careful.”

“Well, you know condoms aren’t always accurate.”

Spike glared at her. “You said that you were on the pill.”

She shrugged. “That doesn’t always mean anything, either. We’re going to have a baby, so I suggest you deal with it.”

Spike stood up and started pacing the room. “How can you tell me to deal with this? You’re not even mother material. I was going to break up with you,” he finally admitted.

Lilah wasn’t fazed. “Oh, that won’t be happening. I’m not raising this kid on my own and yes, I will be keeping it. You’re in this just as much as I am. I won’t let you walk away now.”

Spike ran his fingers through his hair. “I don’t even love you, Lilah. We’re horrible together; you can’t be serious about this. How do I know that the baby’s even mine?”

Lilah crossed her arms over her chest. “Just what are you implying?”

He moved closer to her. “Don’t think I haven’t noticed how close you are with that bloke you work with. I wouldn’t be surprised if you were fucking him on the side. I think I would need proof that this baby is really mine, then we’ll see what happens after that. If it turns out that I am the father, I’ll do whatever I can to support him, but that’s it. We’re over, Lilah. You getting pregnant isn’t going to change how I feel about you. This should have ended a long time ago. Bloody hell, it never should have started in the first place.”

Lilah was angered and wondered how he knew about Lindsey, but she wasn’t about to let him off the hook that easily. “We’ll see about that. I’ll catch you later,” she told him, then made her way out of his apartment.

Spike sat back down on his bed. He did want to be a father, but not with her. Lilah Morgan would never be his choice to start a family with. God, he prayed the baby wasn’t his. Spike didn’t know what he would do then.