That wasn’t how she had expected their reunion to go at all. She had thought Kathryn would leave and they would fall into each other’s arms and make passionate love on the floor. So much for that idea. She looked up to the brightening sky through the dense trees surrounding the house. Nothing was going to be open this early, where was she going to go? Suddenly, she fell backward as the door opened. Spike stood there with the blanket wrapped around his waist like a towel. He cocked is head to the side and said, “Shoes?”

Buffy laughed. “Yes, I’ll get you shoes.”

He smiled at her and kissed her forehead. “Thanks, luv.”

She walked away smiling. How could she have even considered that Spike would have the reservations that she had when she was just magically alive again? He just wasn’t like that.

As she rounded the end of the street, she remembered that it was ridiculously early. She glanced at her cell phone. 6:37. Nothing would be open at this time. Buffy had a brilliant idea. She sprinted back to the hotel. She quietly slipped into her room. Willow and Dawn were still sleeping, so she tiptoed over to the door that connected Giles and Xander’s room to theirs. She quietly opened the door, and crept into their room. She grabbed Xander’s suitcase and pulled out a pair of black jeans, some socks and a pair of black tennis shoes. Buffy stifled a chuckle. She remembered the last time Spike had to borrow Xander’s clothes. It would have to do. Then she returned to her room. She quietly opened her suitcase. Folded on the bottom was the red button down shirt Spike had left her in his suitcase. She stopped in the bathroom and grabbed the tiny bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Not being sure what the house already had in it, and knowing that Dawn or Willow could call the front desk if they needed more, she figured it was better to be safe than sorry. Then, she ran back to the house.

When she got inside, she called out for Spike. There was no answer. She went from room to room and finally found him in the master bedroom upstairs. He was curled up under the blankets asleep. She smiled down at him. Finding out you’ve been dead can take a lot out of you. Not wanting to wake him, she left the clothes at the end of the bed and wandered into the master bathroom. Buffy gasped. The bathroom was twice the size of her old bedroom in Sunnydale. ‘The bathtub must seat at least eight,’ Buffy thought to herself. ‘You can practically swim in it.’ She spotted a beautiful glass bottle of bubble bath. Why not? She started the water and poured some of the bubble bath into the tub. The air started to fill with steam and the scent of lilacs. Buffy swiftly undressed and climbed into the deep bathtub. She closed her eyes and laid her head back. She had almost drifted off to sleep when…

RRIINNGG

Buffy stretched and grabbed her cell phone from where she had left it on the counter. “Hello?” she answered breathlessly.

“Where are you?” Willow’s voice came over the phone.

Shit. Buffy hadn’t thought about what she was going to tell everyone about why she was gone and wouldn’t be returning until sunrise tomorrow. “I can’t tell you,” she said. “But what I can say is that I’ll be back to the hotel tomorrow morning and I have a surprise for everyone. But Will? No locater spells, ok? I really want this to be a surprise.”

After hanging up the phone, she felt someone watching her. She turned and saw Spike leaning against the doorjamb. “Got room for one more, pet?”

“Only if it’s you,” Buffy replied.

She was rewarded with an eyebrow raise and a mischievous smirk. He dropped the blanket from around his waist and climbed in the tub to sit opposite her. He slid into the water and laid his head on the rim of the tub. He closed his eyes. “God,” he breathed. “This almost makes me feel human.”

Buffy grinned at him. “Did you like your clothing? I mean, I couldn’t find any black boots or leather dusters. How will you ever survive?”

He smiled without opening his eyes. “At least I get to wear my own shirt, not one of Xander’s poncy things.”

Buffy shook her head. He had been back “alive” for only a few hours and he was glad he didn’t have to wear Xander’s shirt? Nothing bothered this man. It was amazing, and also one of the things Buffy loved about him. She wondered if this was the right time to say what she really wanted to say. She wanted to tell him that when she had told him she loved him, she had meant it. He didn’t need to doubt her anymore. She knew she was in love with him. She had to tell him. She took a deep breath and…

Spike was staring at her. He reached out with his fingers and touched the chain at her neck. She watched as he followed the chain down to its apex between her breasts. Her breathing quickened as he touched the ring. She looked into his eyes and saw the look. The look a man gives you when he knows you want him as much as he wants you. The look was so full of lust and a promise of what was to come, it tightened things low in Buffy’s body.

“Tell me, Slayer,” Spike growled. “When’s the last time anyone touched you?”

“Well, that depends,” Buffy whispered. “When’s the last time you touched me?”

Spike grabbed the ring and used the chain to pull her forward. He brushed some water droplets of her cheek with his thumb as he looked deeply into her eyes. She brushed his lips with her fingertips. They were as soft silk and she slowly brought her lips to his.

He kissed her back with bruising force. With one hand on her back and the other at her cheek, he ate at her mouth like a man starved. She returned his kisses with an eager intensity. Spike let his fingers trace down her jaw line, past her smooth neck, and down to her pert breasts. She had a sharp intake of breath as he softly brushed his fingertips over her nipples. They hardened under his touch. She slid her hands down his dripping chest, over his tight abs, and touched his hardened manhood. He groaned low in his throat as she stroked him.

He stood and picked her up

“Where are we going?” she asked him.

“The bedroom."