Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks again to Brenda who has started proofing this story. Thanks for the reviews. I don't own them just like to play with them.
Chapter 5

Wesley, and Spike were sitting on the couch, watching a Manchester United game, while the girls took the children out shopping.

”Are you still planning on giving Buffy the ring tonight?“ Wesley asks.
Â
“Planning on it. Did you do what I asked?“ Spike turned and asked with concern.
Â
“Yes, don't worry, Fred put it in her jewelry box for safe keeping, as soon as they get back, I'll have her get it.“ Wesley said with a chuckle.

“Thanks bro, how much do I owe you?“

“Nothing, I don’t want your money, just want you happy and with her you are. Mom and dad would be proud.“

Spike sat and thought about what Wes said for a few minutes before saying, "She threw away her birth control the morning we flew out here, and we set a date for Valentine's Day. We want to start adding to our family.”

Wes just nodded his head, like it was no big surprise.

“I know but its her biggest fantasy to get married on that day, and I am not going to ask her to change it or wait another year.“

“Then, I guess I better book us a flight out for the 9TH or 10TH of February.“

“Thanks man. Now would you be my best man.“

“I take it you already asked her then?“

“Yes you git! I asked her almost a month ago. Explained to her about the ring, and everything. You’re the only one besides her that knows I asked. Now will you answer my question?“ Spike was starting to get irritated.

“Yes, I’ll be your best man.“ Wesley tells him, and they settle back into the game.


Buffy and Fred were sitting watching the children play, in the child day care center.

Noticing that Buffy’s attention is focused on the window of a nearby shop, Fred says, “That's certainly a lovely dress, I’m sure William would love it.”

“Its a Wedding dress, how did you know?“ Buffy asked her eyes questioning.

“Not sure, I understand.”

“How did you know that I am engaged to William? We decided not to tell anyone till he makes it official.“

“He asked for a little help. Now come on lets go get you a Wedding dress.“ Fred says pulling Buffy up.

When they entered the shop, they went straight to the dress that Buffy had been admiring. The white strapless Wedding dress had red Flowers running through it. Buffy lovingly ran her hand over the satin fabric, just as the sales lady came up to them. "May I help you?" She asked them with a smile.

“I would like to try on the dress you have in the window.“ Buffy says.

“Lovely choice my dear, it's new. We just got it in yesterday. What size would you need?“

“I’m not really sure; I normally take a 4.“

“Then we'll start with a size 4.“ She turned to get the size needed, and handed it to Buffy.

While Buffy, and Fred were in the changing room, the sales lady came back with a veil in one hand, and a tiara in the other.

As she came out, they ushered over to a stand with mirrors all around.

“I didn’t know what kind of headpiece you would like, so I retrieved the ones they recommended with that dress.“ She says trying them both on Buffy.

“I think I like the tiara best.“ Buffy says. “I love the dress too.“

“I told you, William will love you in it. I suggest you buy it.”

“How would I hide it until we go back to California?“

“Don’t worry about that.“ Fred already had an idea.

“Our shop can ship it to anywhere in the world.“ The sales lady tells her.

Buffy gets a smile on her face. “I’ll take it!“

“Can I interest you in anything else? We do have matching flower girl dresses.“

Buffy looks at Fred, and says. “Abby!“

“I’ll go get her, while you change back.“ Fred hurried out of the shop to get Abby.

5 minutes later, they were all standing looking at the matching flower girls dress.

“Its sold in a size 4 to 16, what size would you need?“

“Most likely a 7 or an 8.“

“When’s the event?"

“Feb 14.“

“Alright, I’ll just go and get the dress.“

“What’s it for Mommy?“ Abby asks a frown on her face.

“A surprise for William. We can’t tell him about the dresses. The lady is going to ship them to Willow, and Tara’s, so he'll never know.“

After Buffy was finished giving the shipping information, She exited the shop to go back, and meets Fred and the girls.

“All done.“ She says sitting beside Fred. “Well, I still have to call Willow, and Tara, but that can wait a day or so. I’ll just have to hide this.“ Buffy says showing them the bridal magazine.

“Oh, I’m sure the guys will be busy tomorrow watching the game.“ Fred tells her.

“I guess, what time do we need to leave?“ Buffy asks.

Fred looked at her watch, “5 minutes ago.“

“Sorry.“

“Don’t be“ Fred told her as she stands to retrieve the girls.

Later that night Buffy, and Spike were standing in the grand ballroom of the Watchers Council, dancing.

“Your quiet, luv.“ Spike says.

“Its just everything has been so different, and amazing since we got here.“

“After we’re married you will be able to come as often as you like.“

She smiles and he kisses her.

A couple of minutes later, Wesley came over and tapped him on the shoulder. William turned to look at him, and Wesley said with a smile. “5 minutes till.“

“Is it that late already?“ Buffy asks, surprised.

“Yes it is. Would you two come with me?“ Wesley asks.

They followed Wesley to the front where Fred was sitting.

“Have a seat.“ Wesley tells Buffy.

She sat beside Fred, and Spike sat beside her. Wesley pours 4 glasses of champagne, and hands them out.

“Let’s make a toast.“ Wesley said, “To new beginnings.“

After they all take a drink, someone calls out. “1 minute to midnight.“

Hearing that, Spike gets down in front of Buffy on one knee. “Buffy you have brought the joy back into me, you made me change my ways. I love you, Buffy Anne Summers."
Spike pauses for a second, just at the stroke of midnight Spike asks. “Will you be my wife?“

Buffy has tears in her eyes, but manages to get out a. “Yes.“

Spike pulls her into his lap for a kiss.

Someone yells, “She said yes!“

When the kiss ended, Spike told Buffy, “Happy New Year.“ as he slides the ring on her finger.

After spending an hour of talking, and receiving congratulations, as well as a reminder that; William always had a job at the Watchers Council if he should ever want it, they leave the party to go home, and make love.