Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews, its sad to say the story is almost over, about 2 more chapters. Again I don't own them and Brenda did a lovely job editting this for me.
Chapter 8 : Baby born

****On the phone with Wesley in London, England****

“So are you still coming for his party?” Buffy asks.

“Most definitely, we wouldn’t miss the surprise for the world.” Wesley told her.

“I know, I was surprised when Angel said I could do it.”

"He's going to flip, anyway, our flight will arrive late on the 19th, we will be staying in a hotel in LA that night, and then driving down on the 20th just before the party. We'll be staying in Sunnydale till the 25th, and flying back later on that night.” Wesley told her.

“Alright, call me when you get into LA.”

They both say there good-byes and hang up the phone.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
****Oct. 20th, 2:30pm****

Hearing a knock at their door, Buffy said, “I’ll get it.” As she makes her way to the door.

Buffy opens the door to see Spike’s brother, and his family standing there, she puts her hand up and motions for them to be quiet. As she lets them in she says quietly. “He’s in the living room, and still doesn’t know that your coming.”

As they enter the house, Wesley takes her hands and says. “You look lovely, I see pregnancy agrees with.”

“Thank you.” She said, while blushing, and walks into the living room. Wesley, and his family follow her.

Seeing them Spike stared in surprise, his mouth open.

Seeing this Wesley asked Spike, “Well Bro, how’s it feel to be another year older?”

Shaking off his surprise, Spike replied, “Not much different that before, so England getting a little boring.”

“What, am I not aloud to see my baby brother, besides its not every day that he turns 25 years old?”

“No, I guess not.“

Speaking up for the first time, Fred said, “Now would you like to see your nephew or not?”

“You know I always want to see your children. Where are the girls anyway?”

“They ran off to play with Abby.” Fred tells him as she hands him, his 4 month old nephew.

After visiting with his family for a while guests start to arrive for the party.

4 hours later the party is in full swing, and Spike is opening the last of his gifts. After he has opened everything, Abigail hands him a legal envelope.

“What’s this?”

“It’s from mommy, and me.“ The child tells him, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

“You, and mommy already got me something.“ He told her as he opens the envelope. Abby standing there watching him, practically jumping in her excitement.

He takes the papers out, and reads them, then looks at Buffy with a silent question.

“She's has been asking, so I talked to Angel, and he said it didn’t matter, because she doesn’t have his last name anyway. He does have some conditions though, he doesn’t want to be out of her life totally.”

“So you gave her my last name?“

“More than your last name. He’s allowing you to adopt her if you want. She'll be yours as long as he gets some visitation. I hope that's OK.”

“Luv, of course its okay, its more that okay.” He says getting up and kissing her, and pulling Abby into their embrace.

“So who wants cake?” He asks.

After cake, and ice cream the party was officially over, and the guests started to go home. Leaving the ones that live there, and the ones that are visiting from England.

“That's the real reason we came for your party.” Wesley told Spike quietly.

“Where are you staying?” Spike asked him.

“Sunnydale Inn, we have a nice suite there, it has 2 rooms, and a living room. More than enough room for the 5 of us.”

“You know, I don’t think I could be a happier man right now.” Spike tells his brother.

“I know, I know you. You would have adopted her sooner if you could, but I also know that you would never ask to do so with Angel in the picture. So when Buffy called to talk to me about it a few month ago, I told her you would love it, that you always wanted to make Abby yours, that you married the daughter when you married the Mother.”

“That I did, so I guess I owe you thanks too.”

“No thanks to me, just sign the paper, and get them to the courthouse as soon as possible.”

“Will do, Bro.”

“Good, now I better get my family and go, see you tomorrow.” Wesley said.

They all said good bye, and then Wesley, and his family left.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
On the way to work the following Monday, Buffy, and Spike make a stop at the courthouse to drop the papers off. After being told the official notification will arrive in the mail in about a week to 10 days, they drive to work.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dec. 1

****10 am in the morning****

“Spike?”

“Yeah luv.”

“Remember when everyone told me I was crazy for working up until today?” Buffy asks.

“Yeah, but I figured you know better than me.”

“Well, I’m crazy, I’ve been having contraction for about 3 1/2 hours now, and my water just broke.” She said, as he sat down.

“Time to go to the hospital then?”

“Oh yeah, with Abigail, I had her about an hour after my water broke.”

“The doctor said your labor would be longer than that.”

“Don’t argue with me! This baby is coming.” She told him, as another contraction hit her. “There only 10 minutes apart.”

“Right then, lets go.” Spike said helping her up.

Once they arrive at the hospital, Buffy gets put into a room, and hooked up to monitors.

“The doctor will be with you shortly.” A nurse says as she leaves the room.

5 minutes later Dr. Greenhorn walks in.

“Well, lets see how your doing.” He says as he looks to see how far dilated she is. “8cms won’t be long now, let’s get you into a birthing room.”

10 minutes later, Buffy is moved to a birthing room.

“Alright Buffy, lets just see how your doing. 10cms, well it looks like it is time for you to do some work” Lorne tells her.

“On the count of 3 Buffy, I want you to push, can you do that?”

She nods her head, panting.

“Good, now 1, 2, 3 push!”

Buffy pushes.

“Good and down, alright, again 1, 2, 3 push.”

Buffy pushes again.

“The heads out.” Lorne tells her, as he cleans out the nose, and mouth. “Lets get the rest of the baby out now, one more big push.”

“1, 2, 3 push.”

When Buffy pushed this time the rest of the baby came out.

“Congratulations, you have a beautiful baby girl.” He told them, handing the baby to the nurse to be cleaned, and weighed.

“7lbs 3ozs, and 20 inches long.” The nurse tells them, as she helps put the baby on Buffy’s breast, so she can feed her.

“Do we have a name?”

Buffy looks at Spike, and then says. “Chelsea Mae Pryce.“