23 weeks:

Buffy strolled through the jungle kicking the little fruit at her feet along with her.

A baby.

She honestly couldn’t believe she was pregnant. Every time she really thought about it she got so freaked out she ended up walking around the jungle worrying. She hadn’t told Spike yet but she was terrified about how he would react and the same sentence kept running through her head “We were lucky last time so hopefully we aint pushing our luck”

Great confidence booster.

She had even been avoiding Fred because she knew the girl would try to convince her to tell Spike.
She had been walking around for at least an hour now and she knew she would have to go back to camp soon otherwise they’d start worrying again. She was pretty close to the beach when she heard a loud groan. She immediately dropped the bag she was wearing and jumped through the bushes and trees running in the direction she had heard the scream come from. She burst through a particularly leafy bush and stopped dead.

Oh god!!! Naked Willow and Naked Xander!!!

She slapped a hand over her eyes and stumbled backwards glad that they didn’t notice her.

That is a sight I never want to see again.
Buffy shuddered before laughing.

"About time." Buffy laughed to herself carrying on towards the beach happy that Willow and Xander were finally “making it official” as Willow had nervously described sex a few day before.

“Hey luv! You all right? You look like your somewhere else.” Spike grinned walking towards her and wrapping her up in his arms. Buffy smiled and closed her eyes resting her head on his chest.

Hmm he’s so comfy.

“Buffy.” Buffy opened her eyes and turned to see Fred standing there patiently. She gave her a guilty look knowing that she had avoided the brunette for too long.
“Hey Fred.” Buffy said sheepishly.
“Can I speak to you in private?” Fred asked pointedly making it very obvious what she wanted to talk about.

“Yeah go on luv you go have your girly chat me, Angel, Riley, Gunn, Oz and Wesley are gunna go play with this.” Spike grinned holding up a football.
“Okay where the hell did you get that and is that Giles?” Buffy gawped looking at the older man stretching his legs not to far away obviously preparing to play.
“Yep it is…you’re never too old to play football luv. And this little thing I found washed up on the beach a few weeks ago.” Spike pecked her on the lips before running off like a kid about to go out and play with his friends. Buffy sighed and turned slowly not meeting Fred’s eyes.
“Your gunna have to look at me eventually you know.” Fred laughed easing Buffy’s fear a little.
“Yeah well I really don’t deal well with being judged.” Buffy sighed.

“I'm not gunna judge you its just you really should tell him Buffy…its been three weeks since you told me why don’t you tell him!?! Fred asked dumbfounded.
“He told me he loved me…its so perfect Fred…I’ve never felt like this…I never felt anywhere near to this.” Buffy sighed.
“Yes I know what being in love is like Buffy…its gre-”
“No you don’t get it!” Buffy raised her voice a little cutting Fred off.

“I’ve never been cared for Fred…my mom my dad…safe to say I never had the best child hood…no ones ever even said they loved me until Spike did…its just…things are going so good…if I lose this…I think I’ll brake. I don’t want to mess things up.” Buffy was crying by the end a steady stream of tears making their way down her face.

Fred looked on in shock before coming to her sense and moving closer to the blonde hugging her comfortingly.
“I'm sorry Buffy…obviously you haven’t had a very good life if Spikes the only one to say that to you Buffy…but still…you have to tell him you’re pregnant.” Fred urged.

“What!”

The two women’s heads snapped to the left so quickly their heads nearly feel off and Buffy had never felt so relieved that instead of seeing Spike it was Willow and Xander. They both stood there Xander with a shocked face while Willow looked positively horrified. Her jaw was practically dragging the floor and Buffy could practically feel the terror radiating off her.

Willow turned to Xander with anger.
“That’s it! That’s the first and last time im having sex with you on this island! I told you this would happen!!” Willow hyper ventilated.
“Willow please don’t make a scene.” Buffy pleaded desperately glancing to the boys who were still emerged in their game.

Willow turned back to her friend and her eyes softened.
“Oh Buffy im so sorry. I'm so busy thinking about myself are you okay?” Willow asked her concern evident in her voice.
“Yeah im good…I just haven’t told Spike yet.” Buffy sighed biting her lip and turning to stare as the man she had waited all her life to meet ran into the sea to celebrate a goal he had scored with a beaming smile on his face.

When did life get so damn complicated!?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Almost half an hour later both Willow and Xander were fully clued in on the news and they both sat cross legged across from Buffy and Fred with a concerned look on their faces.
“I agree with Fred you really need to tell him Buffy.” Willow said softly.
“Yeah if it was me and Willow was pregnant I’d really want to know.” Xander agreed giving her a soothing smile.
“Which I never will be cause no way am I having sex again!” Willow panicked.

“Yeah I know.” Buffy huffed ignoring Willows little outburst and instead focusing on what Xander had said.
“So when and how are you gunna tell him?” Xander asked eagerly.

“I really don’t know.” Buffy sighed dejectedly.
"Well why not now...not as if you have any appointments to get to.” Fred shrugged.
Buffy laughed and nodded in agreement.
"Okay, here goes." Buffy huffed getting to her feet and making her way over to Spike, praying she wasn’t gunna barf all over him.

"How'd you think he'll take it?" Xander asked Fred quietly.
"I really don’t know....he seems serious about her but telling a guy you've been with for 6 months your pregnant is risky at the best of times...while on an island...who knows.” Fred laughed staring intently at Buffy and Spike who were standing there talking.

“I hope he doesn’t’t freak out I mean finding out your girlfriends nearly three months pregnant and you’ve only known her for like six is bound to be scary but I realy hope he doesn’t make this harder on her.” Willow said genuinely worried for Buffy.
“Me too.”


“Hey Spike,” Buffy smiled in false cheeriness.
“Hey luv alright? Not sick again are you?” Spike asked worriedly. The last few days Buffy had been running off and spewing her guts up and he was starting to get worried she was catching some sort of virus.
“No…im good…urm…can we talk…alone?” Buffy asked timidly, all her false bravado and cheeriness stripped away now.

Spike frowned in worry and nodded his head wondering what was scaring her so much that she was talking so timidly when normally she was quite a hellcat.
“What’s the matter luv?” Spike smiled encouragingly taking her hand and rubbing it gently.
“Well you see…we’ve been on this island for almost 6 months now…and we’ve been a like…a proper couple for like 4 of those months…” Buffy started awkwardly not sure how she was going to do this.

And if my stomach rolls once more im just gunna scream and run.

“Where you going with this pet?” Spike asked frowning at the weird stuff that Buffy was rambling on about.
“Look…I love you…and there’s something that I need to tell you…you see im-”

“BOAT!”

Buffy was cut off by the yell from Giles who was standing waving frantically out to sea.
Both her and Spikes heads snapped right to stare in shock at the boat that was a few miles out. They both watched as a smaller boat descended from the deck of the big boat and make its way to the island. Buffy couldn’t see who was in the boat but it didn’t matter, she still dreaded it.
One of Buffy’s fears was getting rescued…how sick was that?

She shook her head in disgust at just how pathetic she was. Everyone else was all excited and happy at being saved and being taken home to their families like normal people would and here she was dreading it because she was afraid of losing all the confidence she had gained since crashing and reverting to her former closed off self.
Im such a messed up freak!

Buffy laughed softly to herself.

“What’s so funny pet?” Spike asked her.
Buffy looked up into his face and smiled.
As long as she had him it didn’t matter. He wouldn’t let her revert back. He’d keep her strong.
But why did he look so freaked out?
“Nothing…are you okay? You look pale.” Buffy stated concern filling her.

Spike didn’t answer and instead grabbed her hand and pulled her to the edge of the water where the whole group was whooping and jumping joyfully, hugging each other and waving at the little boat speeding towards them.
“Man that boat is huge!” Xander exclaimed eyeing the huge boat that floated about 4 miles out to sea.
“Oh my god I can’t believe we’re getting home!” Anya shouted and clapped happily.

Spike remained silent and simply reached for a pair of binoculars that were dangling around a happily dancing Giles neck and focused on the big boat with a sense of dread.
“What are you looking at Spike? Can you see the name of the boat?” Fred asked.
Spike gulped and nodded.
“The Dark Princess.” Spike said quietly the fear so evident in his face even the others who were so busy celebrating noticed.

“What’s the matter Spike?” Riley asked giving Spike a weird look
“Wait did you just say The Dark Princess!? Oh My God guys!! It’s Drusilla Rayne!! The actress! Oh my I have seen all her movies! She’s like totally my idol! I can’t believe it! I remembered the name of her boat because I read an article about her in Forbes magazine on the flight here! What shoes do you think she’s gunna be wearing!?” Cordelia squealed excitedly practically running out to meet the boat.

Everyone else however was focused on the couple in front of them. Spike looked downright horrified while Buffy was starting to look really panicked by Spike.
“Spike, sweetie what’s wro-” Buffy started to say but was cut off when Spike’s lips ravaged hers. Buffy moaned at the feel of the desperate kiss wondering what the hell had brought it on.

Spike poured everything he had into the kiss all his love, adoration and happiness hoping desperately that he hadn’t bollixed things up.
This may be the last time I get to kiss her.
That thought just made him want to weep and he pressed his lips down even harder savouring the last moments of their kiss before pulling back and gently pushing Buffy away. He almost cried at the wounded and confused look in her eyes but didn’t have a chance to say anything as Drusilla stepped from the little boat and treaded through the water in her long dress with a huge smile on her face obviously not noticing the tension filling every one.

“William! Oh How I missed you!”
Everyone looked at the striking woman wondering who the hell she was talking to when their question was answered by her throwing her arms around Spike in a loving hug and pressing her lips against his.
Each and every member of the group turned to look at Buffy the look of utter devastation on her face making them wince.

Oh shit