Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow thanks everyone for all the reviews makes writing the story sooo much easier:D

Luve u all!
Broken.

That was the only word that Buffy could think of to explain her feelings. She felt empty. Like someone had punched through her chest and ripped her insides out. She felt too numb for tears so instead she jus stared blankly at the couple in front of her not fully believing it.

After Drusilla had finished running her hands all over Spike she turned to face the still silent group smiling,

“Hi…is everyone all right?” Drusilla asked stupidly.
“That’s where I knew you from!” Cordelia exclaimed in sudden understanding.
“You’re her husband! I’ve seen you in magazines your names William Reynolds.” Cordelia spoke in shock wondering how
she had not remembered sooner.

Poor Buffy.

Cordelia turned sympathetic eyes to Buffy and seeing the hurt clearly displayed on her face she shot an angry glare at Spike who ducked his head in shame not able to meet the eye of anyone.

“You’re married?” Buffy asked dumbly looking at Drusilla and feeling the bile rise in her throat.

Oh god im pregnant with another woman’s husband!

Spike opened his mouth to say something and was cut of by Drusilla.
“Why yes! Four years can you believe it!? I was so worried I thought I would never find you!” Drusilla cried dramatically burying her face in Spike’s shoulder. Spike had no choice but to pat the brunettes back in comfort giving Buffy a pleading look.

“Right then well let’s get off this island. I want to know what happened!” Drusilla gave them all a watery smile and led the way to the small boat.
They all trudged after her slowly all still shocked by the revelation that Spike and Drusilla were married.

Why did she come rescue us? Where are the real rescue workers? How’d she find us? Why is Spike such a prick?

The same questions were going around each and every one of their heads except for Buffy who was still too numb to put two thoughts together.
“Buffy im so sorry.” Fred whispered in her ear just before she pulled herself onto the boat and Buffy simply nodded in acknowledgement.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As soon as everyone got onto the main deck of The Dark Princess which was so huge it may as well have been a cruise ship Drusilla took off to show the survivors where a phone was to call home which left Spike and Buffy alone standing there awkwardly.
Buffy gulped fighting back tears and kept her face turned away from him.

“Buffy I-”
“Don’t.” Buffy interrupted turning to face Spike with both tears and a spark of strength in her eyes.
“I’ve had too many people in my life lie to me Spike. I don’t want to add more to your fucking list…what was it? Was it a game? Get the freak to open up before tearing her apart cause congratulations it worked.” Buffy finished in a steely voice which was contradicted by the tears pouring down her face.

“Buffy no! I….what me and Dru…It’s complicated…we-” Spike tried desperately to explain but his tongue was just not working.
“Okay Buffy. Lawrence here will show you to your room.” Drusilla had appeared again smiling encouragingly at Buffy which in turn made Buffy want to be sick.

“How do you know my name?” Buffy asked suspiciously.
“When I came searching for Spike I looked over all the reports and your name and picture was on the list of missing…for some reason out of all the passengers on that plane you and that Angel O’Connor are the only two who really stuck with me.” Dru sighed.

Buffy didn’t say another word, not even a goodbye to Spike she just followed after the young man leading her too her room just wanting to get away from everything and lock herself up in her room for the rest of her natural life.

After Buffy had disappeared Dru turned back to Spike grinning and fisting her hands in his shirt smashing his lips down to hers. Spike was taken by surprise and didn’t react for almost a full minute before finally switching his brain on again and pushing Drusilla away.

“Well I’ve got to say Drusilla that was an Oscar worthy performance.” Spike sneered rubbing at his lips as if trying to rid them of her taste.
She stuck out her bottom lip into a pout he used to find irresistible but now that’s all it brought was a bark of laughter at how her pout wasn’t even in the same league as Buffy’s.
“But Spikey my boy…I’ve missed you.” Drusilla whined childishly leaning in again and frowning when he stepped backwards away from her.

“Bull Dru! What is it? They offer you a reward or something? No way would you go out of your damn way to help others unless there was something in it for you.” Spike said sceptically.
“Now now William. Is that anyway to speak to your wife?” Drusilla tusked.
“What part of separated don’t you get Dru!?” Spike yelled at her.

Drusilla reeled back and her face formed into an ugly sneer as she stared at him as if he was a piece of shit beneath her shoe.

“We are not separated Spike. You can’t just up and leave me. I am Drusilla Rayne! We had one little argument that’s all.” Drusilla snapped finally letting her true colours show a bit.
“Dru! I left! I packed all my stuff! I put all my things in storage and disappeared! You didn’t come looking for me for the five months before the plane crashed!” Spike growled.

“Spike come on! This is no time to argue! You love me you know you do…” Drusilla whispered in his ear before running her tongue around the shell of his ear. Spikes eyes fluttered closed and he sighed in pleasure. His eyes snapped open suddenly and he pushed her away.

“No Dru! Im not staying with you.” Spike said adamantly.
“Spike please. We both know you haven’t got the balls to leave. Where are you going to go? I will rip you to shreds if you try to get a divorce from me…the public loves me remember Spike. I can make every fucking person in America hate your guts for breaking the heart of their favourite innocent little starlet. And I know for a fact you weren’t coping well on your own. Living on the streets? You really wanna live like that?” Dru laughed.

Spike just sighed and stared into the sparkling water thinking just how fucked up his life was. Less than an hour ago he was completely at peace, happier than he’d ever been with Buffy’s love surrounding him and nothing but what fruit to eat for supper to worry about.

“You were coming back to me anyway. Why else would you be flying to Australia? Because I was there silly. Because I was filming there…aren’t I right?” Dru smiled smugly.
“Only because I had no where else to go.” Spike sighed sadly. She was right of course. He had nothing without Dru. He had no home, no real family unless you counted his bastard of a brother. He had met Dru when he was 22.He had been working in a bar, the first job he had had in over a year and she had walked in and completely captivated him. He had flown over to America with her for her to follow her dream and it was when she really hit the big time that he had started to glimpse her true self.

Spiteful, selfish, cold, bitchy, manipulative, crazy and unfaithful…

And he had still followed her around like a little lap dog. He carried on worshiping her even though she treated him so badly. That was until he walked in on her having sex with one of his close friends in HIS bed. She had had the audacity to ask him to join them too!

Spike had left in tears grabbing what he needed and leaving quickly on a flight to England desperate to get away from the nightmare that was his life. He travelled for five months doing nothing but getting sozzled and sleeping with random women in the hope he could forget about Dru but it hadn’t worked. She was all he thought about…until of course he had seen Buffy on the flight.
She was the complete opposite of Drusilla and yet the second his eyes landed on her he felt something click and the last 6 moths on the island had been the best of his pathetic life. His thoughts hadn’t strayed to Drusilla once and yet now here she was…like a bloody infection you couldn’t get away from.

He looked up at her his light blue eyes instantly locking with her hypnotizing brown and he felt that almost forgotten pull again urging him to forgive her and run back into her arms.
Drusilla moved ever closer and kissed him softly on the lips pulling back with a smile when she saw the confused look on his face.

Slowly you will be mine again my love.

Drusilla smirked to herself pulling Spike along behind her wanting to be as nice as possible to him to make him fall into place as her favourite little toy again by making him believe she really loved him.
“Come my prince im sure you are starved.”
“NO!” Spike growled snapping out of his daze and yanking his hand away shaking his head in disgust of himself for letting himself slip.

“Spike what is wrong with you? You love me. You always will now come.” She said as if she was commanding a dog.
“Spike laughed and shook his head no.
“No Drusilla im not coming I don’t want to be with you a second longer.” He said disgustedly turning to walk away he made it less than a yard when Drusilla spoke four words that chilled him to the bone.

“I have a baby.”

Spike froze and closed his eyes in dread.

Oh god please don’t do this to me.

He turned around and stared at her.
“So? No way is it mine Dru you cant pin it on bloody me! I have been stranded on an island for six months!” Spike said in disbelief hoping to god he was right.
“He’s three months old.” Drusilla said simply loving the panicked look in his eyes as he did the math.

“God Spike didn’t you even pick up a paper when you were on your travels! Sure I tried to hide as much as possible but the press still knew I was pregnant. I was six months when your plane crashed.” Drusilla informed him coldly as if this wasn’t world shattering news.
“That would mean you got pregnant a month before I left…” Spike trailed off quietly.

“Yes…I think it was that night in Paris…your remember my prince?” Drusilla cooed moving closer to him and laying a hand on his chest mistaking the thoughtful look as him thinking about Paris while really he was thinking off how his life had gone downhill so fast.
“Come now my Spike I shall take you for food with your new friends and then I shall take you to meet your son.” Drusilla smiled evilly before retaking his hand and pulling a dazed Spike behind her.

Buffy stepped out from her hiding place between two big crates and stared after the retreating couple with a dead look in her eyes. She hadn’t been able to hear what was being said but the closeness of Drusilla’s body to Spike’s and the hand holding she had most definitely seen. A single tear ran down her face and a hand reached down to press against her belly before she turned slowly and walked back to her cabin a defeated slump in her shoulders.