Author's Chapter Notes:
wow im getting these chapters out fast...must be all ur luvely reviews lol i better start speed typing to get the next chapter up:D
“Where’s Buffy?” Spike asked the table quietly.
Everyone from the plane plus Drusilla all sat in a grand dining room with an absolute feast in front of them but there was a sombre atmosphere surrounding them. All of them anticipating getting back to the real world but dreading it at the same time.
“She’s in her room didn’t really feel up to eating.” Willow snapped giving Spike a pointed look which made him feel like an inch tall.

“Ah well she will soon come…I am sure you are all starved.” Drusilla smiled at them all and gesturing to the food.
“So what’s been happening since we’ve been gone?” Wesley asked.
“Oooo lots! You were all splashed all over the news. It’s so rare for a plane to crash and for no one to be able to find it! You’ve been on every front page and every TV channel for the last 6 months! Personally I’ve done loads of interviews and press conferences to talk about my heart ache and worry over Spike here.” Dru smiled placing a hand on Spikes arm.

Ahh so that’s why she came to save us…publicity.

“What happened anyway? Why couldn’t they find us im sure my daddy spent a lot of money trying to search for me so how come they couldn’t find us?” Cordelia asked curiously.
“Apparently your radio went down half way through the flight. The equipment all cut out and no one knew where you were. Your plane must have tried to turn around and so we were all looking in the wrong direction…me on the other hand didn’t give up and searched the entire ocean.” Dru laughed heartily as if it was a very funny joke.

“Well thanks I guess.” Xander shrugged already taking an intense dislike to this woman that he was sure everyone else felt too.
“You must have been so worried about your prince of a husband.” Fred said sarcastically joining Willow in handing out the death glare.
“oh most certainly...i had so much press coverage and letters of support from people hoping me and the baby would be well.” Drusilla smiled not noticing everyone go deathly silent.

“Oh my god….I forgot reading about that….you were pregnant weren’t you?” Cordelia gasped her respect for Spike non existent now. Not only had he not told Buffy he was married he hadn’t even told her his wife was pregnant.
“Yes all’s well he’s three months old now and very healthy, I named him William after you.” Drusilla gave Spike a sickly sweet smile which he ignored still staring in silence at his empty plate.

“I don’t feel up to eating anymore.” Willow said standing up and storming out of the room too angry at Spike to even deal with being in the same room as him at the moment. Xander quickly went after her followed by everyone else eventually leaving only Spike and Drusilla at the table.
“What was that about?” Drusilla’s asked puzzled at their odd behaviour.

“Can I see him now?” Spike asked quietly. He felt numb not truly believing he had a child. He felt terrible for the fact that he wished Drusilla was lying and he hoped it wasn’t his. He knew that if it was his, it would be over between him and Buffy, if it wasn’t already and he really didn’t want to lose her but he doubted he could abandon his son which meant he’d have to stick with Dru.

Fuck.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Buffy! Come on Buff please let us in?” Willow pleaded through the door. Xander, Fred, Cordelia, Tara and Oz all stood behind her identical looks of worry on all their faces, even Oz’s.
“I cant believe she’s pregnant! When did she tell you guys?” Cordelia asked in shock.

“She told me about three weeks ago and she told Willow and Xander today.” Fred sighed sadly.
“Wow bad timing or what.” Cordelia snorted.
“I cant believe what an asshole Spike is.” Xander fumed feeling an intense need to pound the blondes face in for hurting Buffy like this.

“He’s a fucking prick.” Tara said darkly surprising everyone with not only her language but her tone of voice.
“He’s not gunna stay with Dru though right? I mean he loves Buffy and when she tells him she’s pregnant he isn’t gunna stay with Drusilla…right?” Willow asked desperately not getting any reply from anyone. Her eyes filled with tears at the thought that Spike would leave Buffy alone when she was carrying his child.

She shook her head sadly and walked away from Buffy’s door knowing that if she did manage to convince Buffy to open the door there was nothing she could do to make her feel better.



“Here he is.” Drusilla smiled a way too fake smile.
Spike gulped and moved forward looking down into the cradle and staring down at the tiny little baby wrapped in a blue blanket. Spike stared at the baby for a long time not knowing what to say. It was definitely Dru’s that was for certain the baby looked just like her and even had her dark, almost black eyes. He tilted his head to the side trying to see if he could recognise any of himself in the tiny bundle but realised how stupid that was. Not all children looked like their parents.

“Isn’t he beautiful?” Dru said from behind him.
He couldn’t see the smirk on her face as she surveyed him looking at the baby. She could tell she was so close to having him in her claws again and she grinned at the thought.
She moved forwards and wrapped her arms around his waist and running her long nails up and down his hard abdomen causing him to tense up. He moved away from her and she frowned when she saw the panicked look in his eyes.

“I need some time Dru…I mean…I don’t even know if he’s mine! You cheated on me remember?” He scoffed trying for any excuse to be able to get away from this witch and hoping to god it wasn’t his.

“I know I did Spike but that was just the once and I was already pregnant. Surely you don’t want your son to grow up without a father do you? I love you Spike.” She lied reaching a hand out for him which he moved away from.
“No.”

“No?” Drusilla repeated stupidly.
“No…you don’t love me and you know it. Look…I moved on Dru I don-”

“Moved on? What do you mean moved on? moved on where? You were on a fucking island!” Drusilla snapped losing her temper and giving up on tricking him into being with her. She looked at him in frustration before it dawned on her. Her mouth opened in a perfect o in shock before grinning a calculating smile.
“Its that Buffy isn’t it? I saw the way she looked at you.” Drusilla laughed.

“Im sorry Dru…I want a paternity test. If the baby is mine then…I’ll support him but not you Dru…I don’t love you any more, I love Buffy.” Spike revealed giving his ex a pleading look.

“And what do I tell him! His daddy isn’t around because he decided to follow his dick to the nearest young blonde cheerleader!” Drusilla cried out pointing to the cradle.
Spike didn’t have a reply and stared at the cot with a guilty look on his face. Drusilla moved closer to him and took his hand pulling him closer to the baby. She reached in and picked the sleeping baby up and turned to place him in Spike’s arms. Spike looked down at the sleeping bundle not sure what to do his feelings were so muddled he didn’t know what to think.

“Spike you know what its like to grow up without parents. Don’t you think you owe it to him not to let him grow up without a father.” She said playing on Spikes past knowing that if anything was going to make him stay it would be this.
Spike’s throat tightened and he looked up at Drusilla with tears in his eyes. He gulped and nodded slowly.

“How long till we get to land?” Spike asked desperately trying to find a safe topic to discuss. With Buffy conversation just flowed naturally they had so much in common there wasn’t a moment of uncomfortable silence with them but with Dru it was another story. He didn’t know how he had managed to be in love with her for six years when it was clear he had nothing to talk with her about.
“We’ll arrive at Sydney’s harbour in about a day and a half.” Dru smiled.

“Oh.”

They lapsed into silence once more and Spike turned to the television trying anything to keep his mind occupied instead of having to watch Drusilla lay on the bed obviously trying to be seductive. He didn’t really watch the television however his thoughts kept straying to Buffy.

It had been less than three hours but he already missed her. The longest he had spent apart from her in the last four months was about an hour and he ached to see her again already. He couldn’t believe how trapped he was. His eyes landed on the cot next to the bed he was sitting on and he felt guilty at the sadness that filled him. He was such an asshole. What kind of person feels depressed when they look at their child!

“Im gunna go for a walk.” Spike said standing up suddenly and walking to the door.
“Wait! I’ll come with you!” Drusilla smiled.
“No…I need some time to myself, time to think.” Spike sighed giving her a half hearted smile to reassure her.

“Okay…but stay away from that Buffy.” She said calmly but Spike could hear the menace behind it.
He nodded and walked out the door not glancing back to see the angry look on Dru’s face.